Military Sidearm Winter Shoot

1953 Romanian Tokarev.
17 yards. 12 rounds.
107, 3x I think. A few are close to the next ring in but I didn’t count em.

View attachment 332150
Nice
have the Tok and P38 ready to play sometime this week
wanted to get out today but Im being super lazy as my arthritis did not like that cold snap yesterday.

Last edited:
Printed up targets last night in order to...promptly forget to bring them. D'oh. Ended up shooting the steel plates instead. It was a good opportunity to shoot the Makarov a bit, which I have not done in a while. I'll load up some 9x18 for next week, hopefully.

Printed up targets last night in order to...promptly forget to bring them.

That's better than driving 2 hours for a hunt and remembering that you forgot to bring the keys for the locked cases. Ahh well, I didn't shoot one and ruined a pelican locked case to get at the other one. I have since replaced all key locks with combinations.

I shot a target with my Hi-Power last week but keep forgetting to take a picture of it and post it.
Next week I'll aim (no pun intended) for a Makarov redux.

Is the winner determined via best score, or random draw, etc.? If I recall last year Mountain did one "ticket" per target entered and score was just for fun.

This thread is making it evident I'm deficient in surplus pistols.

Anyone familiar with the Frommer Stop?

1582822411153.png

I have only the Mauser Broom handle and it is insanely inaccurate. It could be the cheap Prvi Partisan I am feeding it.
I do have a Ruger Old Army but I can't confirm that it was used during the Spanish American War. The serial # doesn't check out.

This thread is making it evident I'm deficient in surplus pistols.

Same here. I spend too much $$ on milsurp rifles lol. The only pistol I have that qualifies as a milsurp pistol is my un-refurbished Nagant revolver. I gotta get out and shoot a few cylinders for this thread.

That's better than driving 2 hours for a hunt and remembering that you forgot to bring the keys for the locked cases. Ahh well, I didn't shoot one and ruined a pelican locked case to get at the other one. I have since replaced all key locks with combinations.

So. Freaking. Relatable.

I have only the Mauser Broom handle and it is insanely inaccurate. It could be the cheap Prvi Partisan I am feeding it.
I do have a Ruger Old Army but I can't confirm that it was used during the Spanish American War. The serial # doesn't check out.
Mine was carried by Teddy Roosevelt himself during the war; the man at the gunshop told me so, but told me to keep it a secret. [troll]

Pistol: FN-made Browning Hi-Power
Ammo: 147 gr Blazer 9x19
Score: 80 (12 shots)
20200225_145325.jpg
20200225_145302.jpg20200225_145322.jpg20200227_232850.jpg

Still very much trying to learn the BHP. Been dry firing as often as I can to get a better feel. Have played with the idea of removing the mag safety to see if it improves the trigger.

Been dry firing as often as I can to get a better feel. Have played with the idea of removing the mag safety to see if it improves the trigger.

It does help smooth out a gritty trigger, but I’ve found its effect depends on the specific gun. I never get my expectations too high. The improvement might be very subtle.

"10 Shots Quick" was the sales logo. Always admired them. M1907 Savage .32acp; first double stack magazine. Decent high polish finish. SN-11134 dates it to 1909....just came 30 minutes ago...off to try it.

I'll open the winter shoot to C&R handguns and have 2 drawings....one milsurp one C&R.

That's not a crack in the grip; its a bunny hair.

t
IMG_0353.jpeg
IMG_0352.jpeg

1941 un-refurbished M1895 Nagant revolver

20191007_170458.jpg

Shooting some handloads I've been messing with...2 cylinders worth (14 shots) except the 3rd target where I only had 10 rounds left. I haven't shot this old girl much in one sitting so it took me until the 3rd target to really figure out the sights and especially the trigger pull.

Targets shot at about 10-12yds (give or take...)

Target 1 - 85 (the 6 ring fliers hurt this one)

1r.jpg

Target 2 - 83 (not great, had more fliers...)

2r.jpg

Target 3 - 85 (too bad I didn't have 2 full cylinders for this one...I was finally figuring out the trigger)

3r.jpg

1941 un-refurbished M1895 Nagant revolver

View attachment 336059

Shooting some handloads I've been messing with...2 cylinders worth (14 shots) except the 3rd target where I only had 10 rounds left. I haven't shot this old girl much in one sitting so it took me until the 3rd target to really figure out the sights and especially the trigger pull.

Targets shot at about 10-12yds (give or take...)

Target 1 - 85 (the 6 ring fliers hurt this one)

View attachment 336060

Target 2 - 83 (not great, had more fliers...)

View attachment 336061

Target 3 - 85 (too bad I didn't have 2 full cylinders for this one...I was finally figuring out the trigger)

View attachment 336062

Don’t tell me you fired that thing double action for all those shots. 🤣

A couple of weeks left before the solstice....remember I opened the shoot to ordinary C&R handguns. There will be two drawings....one MilSurp and one C&R. I don't care if it's "cold" enough...just get out and shoot.

Or maybe I'll let the new bunnies judge this....sprinkle bits of numbered pieces of paper in the floor and take the ones they grab before they chew them.

t

Grrrrr.

I got out shooting today and plumb forgot to print out the target OR even bring my Inglis, or any of my Webleys. I was so excited to get all my 7.62x39s out on such a nice day.

Back
Top Bottom