• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Millbury man attacked his roommate and took his firearm, prompting large police response, authorities say

Reptile

NES Member
A Millbury man is facing charges after police say he attacked his roommate and took his firearm on Thursday night.

The incident prompted a large police response from members of the Central Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council, as well as officers from Millbury and surrounding towns.

Police received a call from the victim around 8:45 p.m., who said he had been assaulted by his roommate, who was now in possession of his firearm, according to Millbury Police Chief Donald Desorcy.

I wonder if the fact that he was disarmed by his roommate will be taken as proof he did not have his gun securely stored once if was off his person.

The courts would no doubt accept an "unsuitable" argument as long as the roommate live at that address.

The incident prompted a large police response from members of the Central Massachusetts Law Enforcement Council, as well as officers from Millbury and surrounding towns.

All getting their "murder boner" on.

He could have just had it in his pocket and got sucker-punched.
Which may or may not mean anything to the licensing authority. I can see the court hearing now "Just answer the question - did you or did you not have your gun taken from you?". "Stop, I said answer yes or no. " "Yes? - OK, finding against LTC holder, next case please".

Which may or may not mean anything to the licensing authority. I can see the court hearing now "Just answer the question - did you or did you not have your gun taken from you?". "Stop, I said answer yes or no. " "Yes? - OK, finding against LTC holder, next case please".
LEOs would probably be exempt from such nonsense. If a LEO gets punched out and his/her gun taken, they will be treated as a victim, not a villain.

All getting their "murder boner" on.

Of all the nonsense that law enforcement gets involved in, I'm actually okay with the fact that they got the crew out for a guy who assaulted someone to steal a firearm....but freedom and stuff I guess

Of all the nonsense that law enforcement gets involved in, I'm actually okay with the fact that they got the crew out for a guy who assaulted someone to steal a firearm....but freedom and stuff I guess

In most places it might be two, maybe four cops or deputies, not two platoons of military style clad, itchy trigger finger automatons.
They are not peace officers......far from it.

Could be more like "don't split the rent with crazy".

Yep.

Only time I ever had a roommate was in the army and living off base. Nice appartment complex with a very large well maintained pool, occupied by mostly NCOs and several single 30ish women.
Summer Saturday afternoons it was like an open bar, Everyone brought out a cooler of beer or jug or two of booze and wine, mixers and the tables, chairs, blenders and music came out. Nobody ever drove drunk from there, we had two rotating designated drivers if someone just needed to get somewhere. Also never had the cops show up either as we kept it well below "crazy" levels.

In most places it might be two, maybe four cops or deputies, not two platoons of military style clad, itchy trigger finger automatons.
They are not peace officers......far from it.

I'd be curious which places would roll 2 cops for a violent felony with no idea why person would do that and be currently on the run.

I get it though based on your posts regarding LE. It's cool brooooo

Edit: actually a barricaded suspect with a firearm and (possible) hostages according to article. CEMLEC is likely better equipped to handle that with their team and negotiators considering most towns in that area don't have swat... which is why they pool their resources to have a regional asset.

WE STILL SHOULD ALL MAKE FREEDOM NOISES. Clearly they had murderbones, which is why it was resolved peacefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be curious which places would roll 2 cops for a violent felony with no idea why person would do that and be currently on the run.

Edit: actually a barricaded suspect with a firearm and (possible) hostages according to article. CEMLEC is likely better equipped to handle that with their team and negotiators considering most towns in that area don't have swat... which is why they pool their resources to have a regional asset.

WE STILL SHOULD ALL MAKE FREEDOM NOISES. Clearly they had murderbones, which is why it was resolved peacefully.
The cops will collect their intel before they roll. They probably ran the address against the LTC/FID database and realized that one or more guns were on the premises. If this guy horse-traded a bunch of guns, then every gun he ever bought in MA or FA10'd from out of state (could be dozens!) would show up. If police believe they are dealing with a lot of weapons, they will act accordingly. Once you buy a gun in MA or FA10 one from out of state, it is listed under your name in the MA Firearms Records Bureau forever! There is no way to purge or reconcile your records to what you currently own. That is why there is no way in hell that my wife and I will ever register a gun here.

The cops will collect their intel before they roll. They probably ran the address against the LTC/FID database and realized that one or more guns were on the premises. If this guy horse-traded a bunch of guns, then every gun he ever bought in MA or FA10'd from out of state (could be dozens!) would show up. If police believe they are dealing with a lot of weapons, they will act accordingly. Once you buy a gun in MA or FA10 one from out of state, it is listed under your name in the MA Firearms Records Bureau forever! There is no way to purge or reconcile your records to what you currently own. That is why there is no way in hell that my wife and I will ever register a gun here.

I have no idea what this has to do with what I said.

I have no idea what this has to do with what I said.
On paper, the guy may have had what the antis call an "arsenal". Actually, he may have had only one or two guns. When cops went to that address, they were taking no chances.My attorney, while he was still a cop, ran into that problem. When his wife left him and filed a restraining order, he turned over the 5 guns in his possession, but the Firearm Records Bureau computer list showed at least two dozen in his name. He sold or traded them out of state years earlier. What a hassle he went through and he was a cop at the time! Since he lived outside of his jurisdiction, officers from another department badgered him about the guns he could not account for and threatened him with arrest. His ex's attorney pushed for a contempt charge, alleging he was hiding a lethal arsenal from the authorities in violation of the restraining order. The FRB records could not be more wrong and out of date, but that is what the court and the cops acted on.

On paper, the guy may have had what the antis call an "arsenal". Actually, he may have had only one or two guns. When cops went to that address, they were taking no chances.My attorney, while he was still a cop, ran into that problem. When his wife left him and filed a restraining order, he turned over the 5 guns in his possession, but the Firearm Records Bureau computer list showed at least two dozen in his name. He sold or traded them out of state years earlier. What a hassle he went through and he was a cop at the time! Since he lived outside of his jurisdiction, officers from another department badgered him about the guns he could not account for and threatened him with arrest. His ex's attorney pushed for a contempt charge, alleging he was hiding a lethal arsenal from the authorities in violation of the restraining order. The FRB records could not be more wrong and out of date, but that is what the court and the cops acted on.

Did you read the article?

Oh, I read the article. Guaranteed there was more to it than what the media reported.

No. Not really. NES paranoia aside, if a shift commander of a podunk town gets a call about a felonious assault and robbery of a firearm AND possibly a barricaded subject, theres a 99% chance he's calling swat/cemlec/nemlec/whoeverlec....

Whether you are a fudd or have an arsenal

Ok, you get it.

Just what is it that you think you get? That I'm anti cop? Thats not true at all. What I'm against is the constant over reaction and abuse that is often dished out by a lot of cops operating on either a lack of information or having read too much into a situation and most always with an ego trip involved. Please tell me it isn't so.

Ok, you get it.

Just what is it that you think you get? That I'm anti cop? Thats not true at all. What I'm against is the constant over reaction and abuse that is often dished out by a lot of cops operating on either a lack of information or having read too much into a situation and most always with an ego trip involved. Please tell me it isn't so.

I'm against the same over-reaction. My point is that doesn't appear to be the case in this situation.

Ok, you get it.

But I am curious as to your thoughts on my reply to you. Those are facts as I know and have experienced as a police officer.

Back
Top Bottom