• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mini-14 Muzzle Device

Hi All,

Should be picking up a Mini-14 from my LGS today in Mass. It has a flash suppressor but no other evil features (model 5831).

I am unfortunately moving to CT within the next year or so (not my choice), where this particular model is illegal simply because of the flash suppressor. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but that's what I understand about the laws there thus far.

My question is: since the Mini-14 being sold in MA does not have any evil features, are the flash suppressors that come on these models sold in MA typically pinned & welded? If it is, are they able to be removed by a competent gunsmith and replaced with something that is allowed in CT (I believe compensators and muzzle brakes are fine)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi All,

Should be picking up a Mini-14 from my LGS today in Mass. It has a flash suppressor but no other evil features (model 5831).

I am unfortunately moving to CT within the next year or so (not my choice), where this particular model is illegal simply because of the flash suppressor. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but that's what I understand about the laws there thus far.

My question is: since the Mini-14 being sold in MA does not have any evil features, are the flash suppressors that come on these models sold in MA typically pinned & welded? If it is, are they able to be removed by a competent gunsmith and replaced with something that is allowed in CT (I believe compensators and muzzle brakes are fine)?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
This is a great question for the shop that is selling it to you.

Back
Top Bottom