Minuteman Armory, Templeton MA

Kisspik002

NES Member
I had the chance today to stop in Templetons new shop, Minuteman Armory. Shop is very organized and clean. For a new shop they had a great inventory of long guns and pistols. They had cleaning supplies, ammo on shelves, Mags, accessories. Was able to talk with owner, his name is Morgan. My first impression was a great owner with a nice shop. Its nice to have another LGS north of Worcester. I will be going to Minuteman often as it is up the road. If your around check them out.

Last edited:
I've been in the shop several times, as it's litterally just about down the street from where I live and from where I work. I'm going to find it to be very dangerous for my wallet. I feel like they are going to do very well. Morgan is a very approachable guy and is very enthusiastic about running his shop and everything to do with firearms.

You won't find a more welcoming shop in the area, I can tell you that for sure. Very proactive and enthusiastic, exactly what we needed around these parts. Double thumbs up to these guys.

Went in today to pick up my first purchase from minuteman armory and It will NOT be my last. Some of the best customer service I have ever had. Owner Morgan is top notch and I can't recommend this shop enough.

Had a buddy in the market for an AR, called up Morgan had a lower built for my buddy at a great price. Now he can order the upper he wants and is good to rock. Another great deal at Minuteman.

I hope Morgan knows how I feel. I drive about an hour from my house (on wonderful back roads in wonderful sports cars) to go visit his shop. Last week I picked up a SD9VE from his store, my first semi-automatic and I have already blown through all my 9mm ammo :( He also did a trigger rework on my S&W340 and it came out perfect. I have also blown through all of my .357mag. In fact I'm all out of 5.56 too. Looks like I need to make an ammo run soon [thumbsup]

I was in the shop last week when the health department happened to be there and I was going to ask about the smoked meats but I kept my mouth shut [smile]

I've visited a couple times previously but I made my first gun purchase from Minuteman last week. Morgan was friendly and entertaining to work with and I got a great deal! I highly recommend the shop and look forward to doing more business there.

Stopped by here on tax free day. Nice shop, very well stocked, great guys, very helpful with no attitude. Decent fair prices. 20 dollar transfers. Glad to see a good new shop in the area. I'll be supporting it for sure.

sounds good, i missed this thread when it first appeared a few weeks ago. i'm a little far but will make an effort to visit when i'm in the area.

Some buddies and I bought some rifles from minuteman and again they treated us awesome. Can't say enough great things about minuteman armory.

Been meaning to take a ride up there. Hows the ammo selection?

They've got a rack full of ammo, there's a little bit of everything. There are MANY choices of different brands of carry ammo, and of course he'll be able to order in just about anything you'd need. I personally haven't been disappointed on their selection. If you don't see what you what, there's a chance they may have some out back.

Morgan helped me find something I've been trying to get for a couple years. The prices I saw were better on most things than I've seen elsewhere lately.

If it weren't so far away from me I would certainly go there more often. I was fortunate and had to be that way for an interview anyway.

Morgan took a few items in trade from me for something I've been looking for for so long, this is one of the few times where I sincerely hope the shop made out well in the trade because he made me feel like I did.

Sometimes when you go to a shop (Zenk's when Shaggy ran it comes to mind) you get that "well this is junk but I'll take it off your hands for x amount", there was none of that. They were professional but friendly, respectful but cool.

Even though they are nearly an hour from me I will consider them first for my next purchase. Well worth the trip.

Yesterday was the first time I visited Minuteman Armory and I am really impressed with this shop!

They clearly have given a lot of thought to the idea of a rural gun shop that presents itself as a modern, organized, even some what stylish retail establishment. The staff are friendly and welcoming, giving the impression they are proud of the shop and want to show it off -- with good reason I would say.

Good looking wood racks and fixtures laid out nicely for display accessories and a substantial offering of long-guns. They had a larger selection of new and used handguns than I had imagined. Clearly some money has been invested in this establishment on fit, finish, and stock.

The staff were friendly, smart, and funny -- there was not a distinguishable weirdo in the bunch, which is unusual in my gun shop experience.

Honestly though when I walked in I was not sure I would be buying anything, other than a courtesy box of ammo for the use of their time.

I knew what I wanted to buy, an HK VP9 and a Ruger LC9S, but I also knew the price I could purchase them for by driving into Woburn to that popular "big volume" dealer you all know. I was up front about that, but I also indicated my understanding that there is little room for a small shop to match the big movers dollar-for-dollar.

Long story short I was offered a very acceptable deal on the two weapons I wanted, that allowed me to support a local outfit and save myself time, driving, and aggravation. I considered it a win-win and came away very pleased with the deal and impressed with the business.

I hope folks checkout this shop, I think patrons will be pleased, and it will hopefully allow Minuteman Armory to thrive and remain in our area.

Last edited:
I thought I'd posted here already, but I guess not. This is EASILY my favorite gun shop now, and not only because it's so close by. Reasonable prices, good variety, friendly staff and all in all just a pleasant place. Can't beat the service either, they're very willing to do special orders or try to hunt down stuff not in the shop, and quick to respond to calls and messages. They could be an hour away and I'd still go here over anywhere else.

Was here today for the first time and it was like a breath of fresh air. Guys behind the counter were more than helpful showing my wife and I anything and everything without acting like we were wasting their time. I made a purchase and will definitely take the trip back out again.

I've got a real problem with Minuteman Armory. They keep finding guns I want and offering me great prices on them making it impossible to avoid buying them. I've bought three guns from them since they opened, it seems to be becoming a habit!

I've got a real problem with Minuteman Armory. They keep finding guns I want and offering me great prices on them making it impossible to avoid buying them. I've bought three guns from them since they opened, it seems to be becoming a habit!

They're kinda dicks that way.

I somehow talked myself into buying a handgun from them myself. I don't know what happened either. I wanted ammo and came out with more. It's like going to BJ's or Costco. I only want to buy the super giant package of paper towels and end up with a Jeep load of stuff to carry in. Maybe they are using Jedi mind tricks.

I know this feeling all too well, it's as if my wallet needs to file a restraining order against these guys.

Awesome shop with great customer service. Both Morgan and Alex were very helpful with getting what I needed and holding onto it for a few days until I could make the drive down to their neck of the woods. It's a good thing they aren't closer, because I would be spending way too much time and money there.

I emailed a few times and never got my answer to a simple question. Elise said she will ask Alex my question but never heard back. Bought from another shop.

Last edited:
I emailed a few times and never got my answer to a simple question. Bought from another shop.

You have to get them on Facebook, I've always received quick replies there but have heard from others that email, not so much.

Great store, just wish it was closer. It's hard to say "honey, I'm going to go get milk and bread" and then drive all the way out there. She almost never believes me.

Back
Top Bottom