• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Miracle and second chances

Tim,

Holy shit. I had to re-read the post twice before I believed it. Coming from someone in the biz you survived something that not many do! Very glad to hear your still on this side with us, heal up and get well soon!!

-

Hope it's something self-correcting,
e.g. a tiny nick exacerbated by a surplus of blood thinners.

In the meantime, lay off the calisthenics;
and keep paying attention to whatever your body is telling you -
don't dismiss more dizzyness as a bad clam.

CAT scan shows internal bleeding in my flank from the catheter. Being admitted

t
That sucks, what method did they use after they removed the sheath? I had an angio seal after one procedure, it's like a collagen plug. Best one was after my first procedure after I had my heart attack, I had this super hot nurse at RI hospital applying pressure to the area for like an hour, I was like "what heart attack".

Keeps my head warm while I’m reading....not much up there any more.

t

Attachments

• 39E4FA8B-79DC-40B2-A4F4-C7539A78FBA4.jpeg
    39E4FA8B-79DC-40B2-A4F4-C7539A78FBA4.jpeg
    90 KB · Views: 25
FINALLY had my situation explained to me. My original hemoglobin (red blood cell) count was 16 good/high) prior to the several heart meds including cumadin. I bled out to an 11 in the vicinity of catheter damage into my belly. 11 is still acceptable; 8 is transfusion. I will eventually climb back up, but I can be discharged at this amount if it stays constant. I have stayed constant 2 days since off the blood thinners. They will probably let me go tomorrow. Obviously I have to have my red blood count checked once on new meds.

t

Looks like everything is moving in the right direction now and you will be out of there before you know it. As a bonus you will finally be able to get a good nights sleep for a change as well. Sleeping in the hospital is damn near impossible.

Bob

I agree with the sleeping. Especially when you have the unfortunate 90 year old guy down the hall who had a fall and doesn’t know where he is, and is yelling “HELLO?” Every 30 seconds.

You re on the short list when they take the needle out. Can I send you a pizza? I'll toss in some for the nurses if you give me the floor number.

For lunch yesterday, they offered the guy in the other bed pizza, among other things. When my turn came, she did not include pizza in the list. I asked if I could have pizza like he did. She said no. :mad:

t

Hey. Tim. Thanks for the text. I’ve been busy over here getting work done. Have not kept up on the situation. Since yu were sitting with the rabbit. Thought all was well. Boarding the train to Juergen’s home soon via Cologne

Hope all is well. Talk soon.
Tom

In the car...protein awaits....the 4 food groups; meat, cheese, bread, chocolate

t

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom