Missed this: Kimbers are now MA legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in time for the company VP statement backing stricter gun control. Back door Maura deal. “You say guns are dangerous and require more laws then we will let you sell them in our state.”

What exactly does it mean for a gun to be on the Target Roster? Does that affect carrying? If not, why even separate a group of guns to this list?

What exactly does it mean for a gun to be on the Target Roster? Does that affect carrying? If not, why even separate a group of guns to this list?
No difference at all. The target roster was an "Ooops" when the original list was published. Majority of target firearms designed in the past 20-30 years have magazines outside the handle and shrouds over barrels which makes them "assault weapons". Brilliant lawmakers they are, the AWB made it illegal to participate in sports. Olympic roster is their half-assed attempt to undo their "brilliance"

No it does not effect carrying but a target gun roaster allows a few things like a magazine well in front of the trigger or something ultra stupid. Think Pardini and Walther just to name 2.

I see my answer was beat by a couple of seconds. LOL.

NL5YUka.jpg

Paging @drgrant for Kimber = Krapber

They have been "on the list for a while now" I have one that was made around 98 or so. think I bought it around 01 or 02. It's been a pretty decent 1911 for me. I wouldn't buy one over a Smith and Wesson or Springfield. Or even a colt for that matter. There quality tanked around the time Cohen (sp) took over and wrecked them. It's easier to spend money on glossy advertising then on proper engineering. Just my 2c. But as I said mine has been pretty decent.

They have always been MA legal. Not everyone lets their LGS decide what guns they are and aren't allowed to have.

Are you suggesting that there's more guns in the world than what my local 01 has? Blasphemy!

Wait, where did all these weird milsurps and Yugoslavian guns in my collection come from?

Are you suggesting that there's more guns in the world than what my local 01 has? Blasphemy!

Wait, where did all these weird milsurps and Yugoslavian guns in my collection come from?
It's true. In MA you're only legally allowed to own S&W M&P Shields, Rugers, and the like. If you're a baller though, you can go to Four Seasons and spend $850 on a Glock that's older than I am, so you can really flex on your peers at the range.

It's true. In MA you're only legally allowed to own S&W M&P Shields, Rugers, and the like. If you're a baller though, you can go to Four Seasons and spend $850 on a Glock that's older than I am, so you can really flex on your peers at the range.

You have to also go around and tell people this is the only pocket gun you can buy in MA. And that the deli ticket emporium has the best pwice.

listing_pic_1674326_1561605571.jpeg

Then everyone else will be like Borat when they hear someone say that...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLwD60hPK4I

***Notice Regarding Applications to the Formal Target Shooting Roster***

In July 2006, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts passed a law exempting firearms solely designed and sold for formal target shooting competition from the state’s firearms testing requirements (1). The Gun Control Advisory Board (GCAB) promulgated regulations to establish a roster that lists the specific target shooting firearms exempt from this law. (2)
This letter serves as a notification of this new Formal Target Shooting Firearms Roster (“Roster”) and a guide for manufacturers to petition to have their target shooting firearms included on this list.

The Secretary, with the advice of the GCAB, will consider a range of criteria when determining which firearms should be placed on the Roster. 501 CMR 7.13 requires firearm manufacturers to include the following:
  1. (1) A report to the GCAB that certifies by affidavit that the firearm is solely designed and sold for formal target shooting competition.
  2. (2) A completed “Specifications Checklist,” which identifies specifications and features of the firearm which make it a formal target shooting competition firearm, including:
    1. (a) The firearm must have match grade adjustable rear sights, or a match grade optical target sighting system.
    2. (b) If the firearm is a pistol, it must have a barrel length of at least five inches, and it must contain at least four components from the following list produced at match grade: a target trigger, a custom or bull barrel, a ported barrel or compensator, a custom barrel bushing, an adjusted, beveled or improved magazine well, an extended or custom slide release button, a target hammer, a custom feed ramp, a custom ejection port, a custom extractor, target grips, or a trigger pull weight of less than four pounds.
    3. (c) If the firearm is a revolver, it must have a barrel length of at least six inches, and it must have at least three of the following components produced at match grade: a target trigger, a custom or bull barrel, a ported barrel or compensator, a target hammer or target grips.
  3. (3) A list of the specific types of formal target shooting competition for which the firearm was designed and sold, or documentation indicating that the firearm is recognized by a national organization as a firearm used in formal target shooting competition.
  4. (4) Any advertising or marketing materials sufficient to demonstrate that the firearm is solely sold for formal target shooting competition.
1 Pursuant to Chapter 177 of the Acts of 2006.
2 These regulations can be found at 501 CMR 7.01 et seq.

So far I've purchased one Rugar per Season there.
  1. Pez Dispenser.
  2. Hand Cannon.
  3. Tick-Licker.
  4. Poodleshooter.

five guns.....all on the Target list. Take the sights off and you're not in compliance with the list. such bullshit

Alright wait just a damn minute......I can't goddamn keep up anymore.

So we don't like Kimber now?
I mean I'm still not buying shit from Troy and that was how long ago? And I don't even remember why!

Their K6s line of revolvers looks sweet. It'd be nice to see those under the glass at your LGS - although there won't be anything under the glass anywhere for quite a while still.... :confused:
The K6S is the only thing they make that I'd consider buying. Everything else? "Yawn".

Alright wait just a damn minute......I can't goddamn keep up anymore.

So we don't like Kimber now?
I mean I'm still not buying shit from Troy and that was how long ago? And I don't even remember why!
Krapber has the best marketing machine in the gun industry it's just a quality control of their 1911s leave a lot to be desired. For the same price points they are even routinely and easily outdone by Springfield.

Krapber has the best marketing machine in the gun industry it's just a quality control of their 1911s leave a lot to be desired. For the same price points they are even routinely and easily outdone by Springfield.
I don't have one but I always thought they were one of the better quality 1911s out there, and admittedly some of that thinking is based on advertising. It's strange too, a lot of people trash Armscorp, but I have one of their 1911s in 10mm and the damn thing just works. I had a rough start with that gun but found their CS to be excellent and they made it right quickly.

I wouldn't touch a Kimber 1911 made in past 10 years or so but I've heard great things about the K6s's and would really like to get my hands on one.

Let me rephrase for those incapable of understanding what "legal in MA" means for new firearms: These Kimbers are now on approved for sale by FFL's in MA who care to stay within the laws of the state as THEY understand. I am sure, those of you who make a stink about "all guns are legal in MA, Maura", have very little to lose compared to business owners of Cape Gun Works, Steve's Tactical, Four Seasons, Mass Firearms, etc. The fact of the matter is, these businesses are in a tough position, trying to negotiate the convoluted, vague, and self-contradictory laws of MA. Failure to stay within the law for them means federal prison and loss of livelihood for their families.
Yes, I wish I could buy a CZ Shadow 2 from a MA store but I can't. To pretend that one's inconvenience trumps the life and peril of another individual is selfish and arrogant. I would rather take my time and wait until one pops on NES as a private sale than be responsible for yet another gunshop closing down.

The only time I ever fired a Kimber was at IDPA at OCSA when the extractor on one of my Colts broke during my first stage of the match. One of my buddies let me shoot his Kimber for that stage and it ran fine. I then did the long jog back to my truck to get my spare gun to finish the match with.

@BrianWilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom