• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Missing 411

I am reading the current book “Missing 411 Off the Grid”. The writing is slightly better that past books. Some of the cases are even stranger. A really weird case in New Mexico. And there are more cases listed from all around the world.

The author, of these books, Mr. Paulides is on Coast to Coast AM again tonight. I wonder if anything new has cropped up?

The eight book in the Missing 411 series was just released. This book deals with the missing on Land, Air and Water.

Just watched the recent video released on the History channel this month. The video “vanished “ brings up some interesting cases.

Another book was just released. Missing 411 Canada. It deals with missing people in Canada, also the second largest cluster of missing people in the world. Along with a new map of cluster areas of missing people.

I read the first two books. I enjoyed them. The reason I didn’t continue was because it started to get really repetitive. Someone disappears, someone is found, someone is not found, evidence found, evidence not found, there’s only so far you can go with each case and it starts to end up being all the same after a while. I hate to disparage any of his books but I’m just being truthful here. You might want to pick the one that you’re most interested in and start there and not save the best for last.

I checked the books and I dont see Maura Murray referenced anywhere. Interesting case but it must not have met the paramaters

The Maura Murray case really freaks me out. I was in school at UMass Amherst when she was going to school there. I didn't hear about her disappearance until years after I graduated.

It sounds like they've had some breaks in the case, and they're really creepy. The father thinks her body may be buried in an old A-Frame house a mile from where she disappeared. There are some youtube videos about it, including one from a couple that unwittingly purchased the A-Frame house. They eventually learned the rumors about it being part of a crime scene. Very creepy video.

The Maura Murray case really freaks me out. I was in school at UMass Amherst when she was going to school there. I didn't hear about her disappearance until years after I graduated.

It sounds like they've had some breaks in the case, and they're really creepy. The father thinks her body may be buried in an old A-Frame house a mile from where she disappeared. There are some youtube videos about it, including one from a couple that unwittingly purchased the A-Frame house. They eventually learned the rumors about it being part of a crime scene. Very creepy video.

Here's an alternate theory. Maura had messed up in a number of serious ways and decided to start afresh. Seems plausible, who knows whether it's true.

I went to high school with her. The family was odd! The father was and maybe still is coocoo, he pushed the girls way to hard to be cross country stars and stars at everything. Quite possible she did say F it I’m outta here I’ve had enough, would not suprise me at all

Here's an alternate theory. Maura had messed up in a number of serious ways and decided to start afresh. Seems plausible, who knows whether it's true.

These videos really give me the creeps.

The Maura Murray Case: Facts & Theories (EP#1)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAzd6rPtRMc

80: Return to the A-Frame

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80hnmqfDxKE

Ep 67: Inside the A-Frame

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmIWZS5Wuqc

I went to high school with her. The family was odd! The father was and maybe still is coocoo, he pushed the girls way to hard to be cross country stars and stars at everything. Quite possible she did say F it I’m outta here I’ve had enough, would not suprise me at all

Wow. Did you know Maura?

Yes but not friends with her she was the straight A, super star athlete. I was in the woods drinking beers on the weekends. We were friendly with each other.

Yes but not friends with her she was the straight A, super star athlete. I was in the woods drinking beers on the weekends. We were friendly with each other.
Crazy. That must be disturbing to have actually known her. She was just in my grade at UMass, but I never met her and it still disturbs me somehow.

I thought for awhile that Israel Keyes might have played a role in her disappearance, but I don't think that anymore.

According to the link I posted above, someone, perhaps Maura, posted a note on a GeoCities message board. One of the facts only Maura could have known. I'll summarize from memory.

1. Her father liked to brag he had two daughters at West Point - until Maura was asked to leave.
2. Maura was at UMass Amherst as a backup plan to West Point.
3. Maura had used a stolen credit card to make some purchases - and got caught. The pending court action could have threatened her ability to work as an RN.
4. Maura had wrecked her father's new car a few days earlier.
5. Maura had accidentally hit and run Petrit Vasi, another student, a couple of days earlier.
6. Maura's boyfriend reminded her of West Point. Their relationship had run its course.

True story. My father and his three brothers were a miserable bunch. I emigrated to get away from my father. I had a cousin who disappeared when he was in college, at about the same age as Maura. My cousin David just flat out vanished with no contact at all to his family. About ten years later, IIRC, at his family's request, the Red Cross found my cousin and told his family he was alive but wanted no contact with them.

A bizarre thing, eh? But wait, there's more.

My great grandmother abandoned her husband and children and emigrated to the USA around 1900. I have US relatives from this parallel branch of the family. And finally, I have a legendary ancestor who left his house to buy a toothbrush and never returned.

So you can see how I might believe Maura is still alive.

Last edited:
Oh it would not surprise me in the least if she said F it and took off . The father was that type of guy who second place was not an option. I have to imagine you get sick of being treated like that after a while.

Oh it would not surprise me in the least if she said F it and took off . The father was that type of guy who second place was not an option. I have to imagine you get sick of being treated like that after a while.

Exactly.

It was never explained why Maura was in New Hampshire in the first place.

Maura told a person who stopped the AAA was on the way. The AAA was never called. 15 minutes later she was gone.

So there are two main possibilities imho.
1. She was the opportunistic target of a killer in the 15 minutes she was vulnerable.
2. She drove away with the man she had met a few days earlier and is now living quietly in Canada.

I will go with 2.

If you haven't had a toxic father it's difficult to explain how demoralizing it is to be around someone who is always breaking your balls. I swapped continents to get away from my father.

Exactly.

It was never explained why Maura was in New Hampshire in the first place.

Maura told a person who stopped the AAA was on the way. The AAA was never called. 15 minutes later she was gone.

So there are two main possibilities imho.
1. She was the opportunistic target of a killer in the 15 minutes she was vulnerable.
2. She drove away with the man she had met a few days earlier and is now living quietly in Canada.

I will go with 2.

If you haven't had a toxic father it's difficult to explain how demoralizing it is to be around someone who is always breaking your balls. I swapped continents to get away from my father.

"5. Maura had accidentally hit and run Petrit Vasi, another student, a couple of days earlier."

That's interesting. I hadn't heard that aspect of the story before.

I also didn't know she had a stolen credit card. I wonder who it was stolen from.

I didn't think it was plausible that she would still be alive and living someplace else. I guess the main reason I thought that is because, if she did do that, there has been so much pressure on her to contact authorities that she probably would have given in by now. There have been documentaries about her. There's entire youtube channels about her. Also, in this day-in-age of the internet, the gov't knows where you are all the time, what you do, your email address, your phone number, all your communications. So she would have to live like the Amish to hide from the modern world. Or maybe she changed her name? But, your story about your cousin is interesting. I guess it is possible to do something like that. Stranger things have happened!

What is IIRS?

That's pretty crazy that you have so many missing people in your family. I didn't realize that it was a common thing. Maybe just a weird coincidence?

Back
Top Bottom