• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mk12 Project

SPO38

NES Member
Finally, after almost 11 months and almost $6K, my MK12 Mod 0 build is complete!

A few years ago, I fired a friend's AR which had been modified for (relative) precision, and I knew I wanted something similar. I did a lot of research, and came to the conclusion that the Mk12 Mod 0 is really the pinnacle of precision ARs, and ultimately right for me.

33li1e8.jpg

dvkm60.jpg

Kit list is as follows:

Colt Pre-Ban HBAR Lower Receiver (March 1994)
- Geissele SSA-E Trigger
- Ergo Grip
- B5 SOPMOD Stock
- Spike's Tactical Buffer Tube
- Spike's Tactical T2 Buffer

PRI Mk12 Mod 0 Upper
- Gen III Carbon Fiber Free-Float Handguard
- Gen III SPR Top Rail
- 18" Douglas 1-7 Twist Barrel
- PRI Flat-Top Receiver
- PRI BUIS
- PRI Gas Buster Charging Handle
- OPS Inc Muzzle Brake and Collar
- PRI 8.5" Rail

Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10-40 (Illuminated Mil-dot)
Leupold DeltaPoint Pro (2.5 mil red dot)
Leupold Cross-Bolt DeltaPoint Pro Mount
A.R.M.S. #32 Bipod Mount
A.R.M.S. #22M Rings
A.R.M.S. Tactical Ring Cap
A.R.M.S. Tactical Ring Rail
Daniel Defense Sling Mount
Daniel Defense Sling Swivels (x2)
Knights Armament Vertical Grip
Harris S-BRM Bipod
Butler Creek Scope Caps
Vickers Combat Applications Sling

Nice. Whats the weight of that tank?
I never weighed it lol

OK so how does it shoot?
I'm obviously not a super marksman, but I've been landing 10/10 hits on an 8 inch plate at 150 yards in about 10 seconds.

Cool. The red dot looks funny on top of this build. Do you ever use it?
Yep. Its zeroed at 20 yards.

This. Very nice build but for $6k that thing better shoot 1/4 MOA at 600 yards lol.
MK12s with 18" Douglas barrels are typically 1/2 MOA, which is not bad. As I said, the lower is pre-ban, so that adds a nice chunk to the price tag, especially considering it had never been fired or even taken out of the plastic.

I have a MK12 Mod going uo for sale. I am gonna hit the jackpot tonight and wont be needing it. 😆 Precision Lower, High Caliber upper, harris bipod. Titanium everything, timney trigger, Nightforce scope, magpul prd. Owner of Presision built it to spec off of his service model. Built to spec. $3200. Probably post it up tomorrow.

Attachments

• 20210102_103800.jpg
    20210102_103800.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom