MLB adding metal detectors

hD9C42FA8

h7879E905

It was only a matter of time. Just waint until you have to pass through a metal detector to enter the subway. Makes me think of that scene in Total Recall. To think people threw pamphlets back in my face when I protested the random bag screens that started in 2004.

Who goes to MLB games? I mean who doesn't love to watch guys like Prince Fielder and his $220,000,000 contract blame his shit career post season performance on having kids to raise?

There is a lot of entitlement in pro sports, MLB is the worst.

/rant

Who goes to MLB games? I mean who doesn't love to watch guys like Prince Fielder and his $220,000,000 contract blame his shit career post season performance on having kids to raise?

/rant
This ^save over $100 per person and watch it on tv.

Even if I don't go it can piss me off. Detectors in schools, trains, sports stadiums, airports, museums, courthouses.....sure I am missing plenty....legal to own but impossible to carry...coming soon.

My new metal hip bone that's connected to the leg bone, that's connected to the foot bone, that's connected to the toe bone, set off the metal detectors at the Lowell Superior Court. funny it didn't trip the detector at Woburn District court last August when I had jury duty.

What problem are they addressing? Fans seem to be content with punching and stabbing each other after the game and outside the stadium.

new-gif-aaron.gif

(NFL game, I know)

/rant

I need to go to at least one Sox game a year. I hate Fenway as a whole but love sitting back on a sunny day, sipping cold ones and taking it all in. The personal issues off the field are expected but if I were to avoid everyone in this world that has a sense of entitlement, id probably never go to concerts, festivals, sports, etc.

I do agree that MLB is the worst offender but still..baseball....America...beer. whats not to love on a beautiful day?

Put me in the "Whats the big deal" catagory... Its like going to a friends house who makes you take your shoes of at the door, if they don't want shoes worn in the house, its thier house they make the rules...

What's next is metal detectors at every crosswalk. [rofl]
I realize this was posted in jest, but there is a big difference. Being prohibitted from walking down a public sidewalk, is a lot different than being prohibitted from entering a private ball park...

If MLB doesn't want to allow "X" in thier stadiums, I am fine with that, they should be able to determine whom/what enters thier property. There have been countless threads on this forum from "us" bitching when (the power company, gas company, surveyors, tax assessors, census takers, water department readers, sales people) want to enter our property and we don't want them to. MLB should be allowed to decide who they let in and who they don't...

Put me in the "Whats the big deal" catagory... Its like going to a friends house who makes you take your shoes of at the door, if they don't want shoes worn in the house, its thier house they make the rules...

I realize this was posted in jest, but there is a big difference. Being prohibitted from walking down a public sidewalk, is a lot different than being prohibitted from entering a private ball park...

If MLB doesn't want to allow "X" in thier stadiums, I am fine with that, they should be able to determine whom/what enters thier property. There have been countless threads on this forum from "us" bitching when (the power company, gas company, surveyors, tax assessors, census takers, water department readers, sales people) want to enter our property and we don't want them to. MLB should be allowed to decide who they let in and who they don't...

All this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That will be fun. Just another reason like high ticket costs, ten dollar bottles of beer, overpriced tickets, and expensive food to go to the game.

The problem is it acclimates people to a security state mentality. If it's ok to search you entering places of public accommodation, it's fine everywhere else. How many shootings or bombings happened in stadiums this year? It's bullshit security theatre.

Back
Top Bottom