Mo. Constitutional Carry

Missouri House and Senate over rode the Governor's veto of Constitutional Carry today. Plus they also strengthened the self defense laws. So proud of my home state. Wish I could move back.

Very cool.
whats the count at now for constitutional carry? Like 10?

MO just needs to get 2/3rds of the House to pass and it's officially overridden, if it hasn't happened already.

It goes into effect on 1/1/2017.

It also:

-Recognizes Missourians right to Constitutional/Permitless Carry

-Creates Stand your Ground laws

-Expands Castle Doctrine protections for anyone legally allowed into your home, vehicle, business and property

-Implements 10, 20 and 50 year options for non-reciprocity issued permits

-Allows components of firearm training for RTC permits to be online

Last edited:

MO just needs to get 2/3rds of the House to pass and it's officially overridden, if it hasn't happened

It goes into effect on 1/1/2017.

It also:

-Recognizes Missourians right to Constitutional/Permitless Carry

-Creates Stand your Ground laws

-Expands Castle Doctrine protections for anyone legally allowed into your home, vehicle, business and property

-Implements 10, 20 and 50 year options for non-reciprocity issued permits

-Allows components of firearm training for RTC permits to be online

House did override the veto 112-41

1. Alaska
2. Arizona
3. Arkansas
4. Kansas
5. Maine
6. Mississippi
7. Missouri
8. Vermont
9. West Virginia
10. Idaho (for residents)
11. Wyoming (for residents)

Things have come a long way since the "Shall issue" referendum and the Hildebeast robocalls "just too dangerous for MO families".

This is awesome. Hopefully spreads on to more states. Wish WY and ID would allow Constitutional Carry for non-residents, but my Utah license works there, anyway.

Good. Amazingly though, a shop I frequent here, was opposed to this. Something along the lines of "I don't think anybody should just carry a gun with zero training or experience" as she was setting up for a CCW class lol. I was really taken aback by it and didn't engage in conversation about it.

I'll keep you guys posted if things turn to the wild west here and blood starts flowing down the streets.

We have constitutional carry next door in Kansas and have had it for over a year. The company I work for still offers the licensing class because the license is still given out. We almost always have a full 30 person class of students. Imagine that: people going out of their way to get training even though it isn't mandated by the state.

From the fox article.... Give me a break... This sh*t s getting old... Commit crimes and pay the price it's that simple.

The guns legislation prompted some of the most intense debate Wednesday. Democrats asserted it could put racial minorities at a greater risk of being fatally shot.

"The targets in our area are black boys, not pheasants," said Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, who represents Ferguson, where sometimes violent protests broke out after the fatal police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in 2014. The police officer, Darren Wilson, was cleared of wrongdoing by state and federal investigations.

"What I don't want to get to is the point where there is a trigger-happy police officer or bad Samaritan like Zimmerman who says, 'Black boy in the hood. Skittles. Let's shoot,"' Chappelle-Nadal said, a reference to Trayvon Martin, a black 17-year-old who was walking back from a Florida convenience store after buying ice tea and Skittles when he was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in 2012.

From the fox article.... Give me a break... This sh*t s getting old... Commit crimes and pay the price it's that simple.

The guns legislation prompted some of the most intense debate Wednesday. Democrats asserted it could put racial minorities at a greater risk of being fatally shot.

"The targets in our area are black boys, not pheasants," said Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal, who represents Ferguson, where sometimes violent protests broke out after the fatal police shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown in 2014. The police officer, Darren Wilson, was cleared of wrongdoing by state and federal investigations.

"What I don't want to get to is the point where there is a trigger-happy police officer or bad Samaritan like Zimmerman who says, 'Black boy in the hood. Skittles. Let's shoot,"' Chappelle-Nadal said, a reference to Trayvon Martin, a black 17-year-old who was walking back from a Florida convenience store after buying ice tea and Skittles when he was fatally shot by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in 2012.

The follow up to that should've been a pro2A assemblyman saying: "People like Ms. Chapelle-Nadal are the same people who poison our society by assuming that this legislation will only apply to one race and will be used indiscriminately. Murder is still a crime in the lawful state of Missouri and we trust fellow Missourians to follow the law."

So now the tally is 10 totally unconstitutional states, 11 constitutional carry states, and 29 shall issue states. But the whores turning tricks for Bloomberg bucks insist they are the majority.

Rtc.gif

Back
Top Bottom