Moderate priced scope for a Ruger 10/22?

Number 6

NES Member
I'm thinking of getting a scope for my Ruger 10/22 and was hoping to stay in the ballpark of $100 or under. Is this reasonable?

This would be used for plinking at the range 100 - 150 meters.

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Number 6

We sell a Simmons "22mag" scope at DSG in the $40.00 range. I put one on my 10/22 and it's just excellent. I am not a fan of Simmons optics on any level - until now. This is a great scope for short money. SKS Ray has a link in his brain for some see-through rings that let you use the irons as well...Another scope which has been popular and which I'm going to test out, is made by CenterPoint, (Crossman). Early models were apparently crapety-crap, but word on the street is the redesign worked and they offer a great ride for short dough. We have their .22-specific 3-9x40 with illuminated red/green reticle for $50.00 One customer bought one for his Remington 597 and loved it so much, he bought a 2-7 for his muzzleloader....

Two scopes I have been happy with are the Tasco World Class 3-9x40, which was well under $100. The other is the Mueller APV 4.5-12x40, which has a very large and bright sight picture, and a focus ring on the front of the lens, but the scope is a little larger than those other 22 scopes.

...Another scope which has been popular and which I'm going to test out, is made by CenterPoint, (Crossman). Early models were apparently crapety-crap, but word on the street is the redesign worked and they offer a great ride for short dough. We have their .22-specific 3-9x40 with illuminated red/green reticle for $50.00 One customer bought one for his Remington 597 and loved it so much, he bought a 2-7 for his muzzleloader....

I put the 2-7 x 32mm Centerpoint on a Marlin M60. It holds zero very well. Optics stay bright at 7x. The website has them at $65. I remember paying about $50.

I'll throw in another vote for the BSA sweet 22. I have had one for a little over a year now on my Marlin 25. It holds zero even when adjusting the yardage dial constantly. I believe i paid $30 from mine out of the Bargain Cave at Cabelas when I was working there.

Another APV vote.

Mueller APV in a DNZ Game Reaper "Low" Mount. The two of those items + and Ruger 10/22 were MADE for each other. The mount gets the scope nice and low... as in a dollar bill between the barrel and objective lens, low.

With a C&R discount: ~$100 for the Scope + ~$40 for the mount = Perfect, solid combination. I can post pics when I get home if you'd like.

I put the 2-7 x 32mm Centerpoint on a Marlin M60. It holds zero very well. Optics stay bright at 7x. The website has them at $65. I remember paying about $50.

I have a $40 centerpoint from walmart, swear by it, survived in torrential downpour, high heat and holds it's zero with no fogging.

Yeah, I'm a believer as well - I think Crossman is onto something...I pulled one of these scopes out of the package to mount on a Thompson Center Z5 and was impressed by how solid this scope is and the lighted reticle is really nice...it's on my buy list.

Back
Top Bottom