• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Modular Rolling Toolbox - Range Gear

Junior314

NES Life Member
NES Member
Anone use a rolling toolbox like the below for their range gear? I always find myself forgetting to bring/pack something in my range bag. Figured if I were to get something like the below I could fit my spotting scope, targets some basic tools etc. all in a rolling kit and just toss my bag on top with the ammo/pistols or my rifle case.

Curious to see if anyone else uses something similar and their thoughts.

I don't, but it kinda reminds me of a door-to-door salesman's sample box... Should work fine if you have a lot of gear and still room on top to bungee
down a pistol bag...

I might try to swap the wheels for something a bit better for the range. Them cheap plastic wheels are shitty. But it fits everything I need. If using it as a generic range bag replacement you can't fit a ton of guns in there. I bring two guns in separate sodr side cases. Tub of dlead wipes. A canvas ammo bag with just short of 500 rnds. Another canvas bag for all my mags. Ear and eye pro. My belt rig too. And a hood and water jug and sandwiches. Top sections spare parts, tools, sunblock, cleaning gear, gloves, stapler, etc. Also nice to use as a seat.

Just bear in mind that they tend to be heavy, particularly the higher quality ones with better wheels. If the idea is to just have one bag for everything, when you add multiple guns and and tons of ammo for a typical range trip, they can get very heavy and you still need to lift them in and out of the car, which I eventually got tired of doing. So I have found carrying two smaller bags (like a backpack and an ammo bag, or a backpack and a multi-gun case) to be easier to manage.

Anone use a rolling toolbox like the below for their range gear? I always find myself forgetting to bring/pack something in my range bag. Figured if I were to get something like the below I could fit my spotting scope, targets some basic tools etc. all in a rolling kit and just toss my bag on top with the ammo/pistols or my rifle case.

Too heavy to lift in and out of my SUV.

If you want a cart, get something like this: Amazon product ASIN B09F98DMRRView: https://www.amazon.com/Collapsible-Folding-Wagon-All-Terrain-Activities/dp/B09F98DMRR/ref=asc_df_B09F98DMRR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=563717038445&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=3455768419618107426&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9001879&hvtargid=pla-1634568822894&psc=1

Milwaukee packout are more expensive but have more options for box types. The way pack puts lock together is much better also, many more point of contact vs the type with two mounting points.

Those big wheels make traversing rough ground a snap !!
They really do. Helps with all the divots on the way to the 200 yard line and back to 600. Plus, I just toss a small cooler on there in addition to my range bag and I’m livin’ large with ice cold drinks on a hot day.

Back
Top Bottom