Moms Demand blah blah blah caught lying about Staples signing on to anti-gun policy

Link not working for me. What did it say about them lying?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Weird, I just clicked it and it worked

A few days ago, Moms Demand Action triumphantly announced that it has convinced a Staples, located in Arlington, VA, to enact a gun-free zone policy for its store.
This turned out to be a complete and utter lie. The numerous phone calls to the store to inquire about the event all came up as, no, it did not happen.
We made a phone call to the store and obtained a recording to confirm this.
Skip to 00:56 for the conversation with a store associate.

Caller: I’ve been hearing reports about your store, the particular location, enacting a gun prohibition policy?
Store: Yeah, that was a misquote on Facebook. We never had signed up, they put it in there, and we are trying to get it taken down… But we don’t have that sign on the store… They put a bunch of information on Facebook that wasn’t accurate.

Following the disastrous outcome of what happened at Starbucks (the not-so-ban “ban”), I guess the MDA needs all the propaganda help it can make up.

There's a clip on there too, but it's embedded

If you check out some of the million nags for unconstitutional acts, they really, really think they are making progress. They are a truly delusional bunch. I tweet them from time to time but....crickets. They cannot talk even simplistically about guns or the laws.

But still they cheer each other on.

I bet a good number of them live in gated communities and never interact with the outside world. Must be nice to live in fantasyland. Go to downtown Chicago on a weekend night and get back to me

Staples is a corporation, so "a Staples, located in Arlington, VA" cannot implement policy without clearance from HQ.

That said, Staples will eventually cave to MDA because the company will calculate that an MDA-sponsored boycott would affect the bottom line more than a boycott by carriers. My guess is the FB post was a ploy to get PR for the cause as part of the campaign against Staples started by MDA in October.

I bet a good number of them live in gated communities and never interact with the outside world. Must be nice to live in fantasyland. Go to downtown Chicago on a weekend night and get back to me

Shannon watts lives in a very safe area outside Indianapolis, IN. The few I've trolled on twitter live in at least middle class suburbs but most are in upper middle class areas. Typical white elite liberals, that is the mom's group. Same type of people who were huge fans of Fake indian warren.

Staples is a corporation, so "a Staples, located in Arlington, VA" cannot implement policy without clearance from HQ.

That said, Staples will eventually cave to MDA because the company will calculate that an MDA-sponsored boycott would affect the bottom line more than a boycott by carriers. My guess is the FB post was a ploy to get PR for the cause as part of the campaign against Staples started by MDA in October.

lots of business owners carry.

lots of business owners carry.
As well they should, but Staples is a public company, and thus is beholden to shareholders not "business owners." If caving to MDA will make their stock go up one cent, they will do it. So far Staples has been trying to stay out of the fight so they don't become another ground zero for the war against guns, like Starbucks did.

"Gun bullies"? [rofl][rofl][rofl] ...

CALL TO ACTION: Last week, Moms Demand Action met with the manager of the Arlington, VA, Staples and he agreed to make the store gun free. However, this week the store was overwhelmed by calls from #GunBullies and now they may change their position.

Moms, no matter where you live, call Staples and ask them why they're kowtowing to #GunBullies. Tell them moms make 80% of all spending decisions; no guns in stores:

https://www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction

their logic defies common sense

Of all things, good sense is the most fairly distributed: everyone thinks he is so well supplied with it that even those who are the hardest to satisfy in every other respect never desire more of it than they already have. -René Descartes

It's as important as it is hilarious. Unfortunately controlling the language matters. Members of _any_ group counter-protesting MDA in any way, authors of _any_ pro-gun opinion submitted in response to MDA's press releases or interviews, the gun industry, etc. are now referred to as "gun bullies." MDA is also pushing hard on the terror/-ist/-ism moniker for those same groups. Shannon Watts is a PR pro; most pro-gun protest groups do not include a PR pro. Combine that with a media sympathetic to MDA, and guess which side is going to be successfully portrayed as "bullies" and "terrorists" at each encounter?

So I will add "gun bullies" to other the gun restrictionist terms I prefer not to use outside of quotes--

• "gun control"
  • "gun violence"
  • "gun crime"
  • "assault weapon"
and strictly in the context of gun restrictionism,

• "common sense"
  • "reasonable"
  • "sensible"
  • "terrorist/-ist/-ism"

They might control the language of the so-called debate, but they're not going to make me adopt it. (This is why I use gun restrictionism instead of "gun control.")

Last edited:
Are they shrill borderline idiots? Yes. Don't underestimate the power of loudness though, in today's America, loud often equals right.

Back
Top Bottom