Monadnock & NES needs your help

I am kind of surprised this issue wasn't raised somehow when they bought their property 20? years ago as part of due
diligence or whatever etc. Unless SOP is to just gloss over where all the stakes are when purchasing parcels of
land.

-Mike
I can assure you that 99% of buyers have only a rough idea of property lines. Ie) 'somewhere near the treeline' or 'that stone wall must be the line'. But by the same token the vast majority of people understand the basic shape of their property and a mortgage plot plan usually gives a basic idea of where the house sits on the lot.

I can assure you that 99% of buyers have only a rough idea of property lines. Ie) 'somewhere near the treeline' or 'that stone wall must be the line'. But by the same token the vast majority of people understand the basic shape of their property and a mortgage plot plan usually gives a basic idea of where the house sits on the lot.
I called a local surveyor to get my property lines and he told me that it was a mess in my neighborhood and it probably wouldn't be worth the money to get the lines.

I called a local surveyor to get my property lines and he told me that it was a mess in my neighborhood and it probably wouldn't be worth the money to get the lines.
I would think if it is such a mess inyour neighborhood that is exactly why you would want your property lines drawn out.

Call a REAL "local surveyor" then.
He was suggested by another member of our group and he's a pretty well established company. I just don't want to spend 10grand finding out my lot is 3 inches on either side of what my original plot plan says.

You need a building permit for a pavilion that is not enclosed and does not have utilities that is not a living or work space?
In most states a town will get pissed off if you build a permanent structure without getting a permit but worst-case most of the time it just involves fines or something.... obviously mileage varies. Ever wonder why some companies/stores for example, instead of erecting of billboard (with attendant zoning stupidity) they will buy a box truck, register it, and put their big sign on the side of a box truck.... Town can't f*** with them because it's mobile and not a permanent structure.... In Fitchburg there's an adult video store that did that I'm not sure if they still have the truck or not but it was pretty hilarious... [rofl]

In most states a town will get pissed off if you build a permanent structure without getting a permit but worst-case most of the time it just involves fines or something.... obviously mileage varies. Ever wonder why some companies/stores for example, instead of erecting of billboard (with attendant zoning stupidity) they will buy a box truck, register it, and put their big sign on the side of a box truck.... Town can't f*** with them because it's mobile and not a permanent structure.... In Fitchburg there's an adult video store that did that I'm not sure if they still have the truck or not but it was pretty hilarious... [rofl]
The Purple store, my wifes favorite place😂

So that explains why I keep seeing the Old Glory gun store box truck parked days at a time in various random front yards.

can some one summarize what's the situation is like right now and what are milestones coming up?

I can see that town is going to try obtain a summary judgement in March of this year, seeking penalties of $3,575. I can also see that cocksucker neighbors got awarded $648,402 in damages toward the land and "wetlands" clean up.

The town fines sounds manageable (if that's only 3.5k) nothing a car shoot can't raise to pay for. If a**h*** neighbor goes to court to seize the property in lieu of the lien, then may be bankruptcy is the only option but that does not mean that club would not survive, is it? Chapter 11 would seek to restructure debt and provide payments over time, which may mean more car shoots, like every f***ing single weekend.

can some one summarize what's the situation is like right now and what are milestones coming up?

I can see that town is going to try obtain a summary judgement in March of this year, seeking penalties of $3,575. I can also see that cocksucker neighbors got awarded $648,402 in damages toward the land and "wetlands" clean up.

The town fines sounds manageable (if that's only 3.5k) nothing a car shoot can't raise to pay for. If a**h*** neighbor goes to court to seize the property in lieu of the lien, then may be bankruptcy is the only option but that does not mean that club would not survive, is it? Chapter 11 would seek to restructure debt and provide payments over time, which may mean more car shoots, like every f***ing single weekend.

I have no idea on anything or any answers. But, I have to think the f-tard neighbors can't possibly ever expect to collect that amount of money. I wonder what happens if they ever needed to sell... because of their actions, a 6 acre section of their land is now considered contaminated with a $650,000 price tag to clean it up... as a buyer, I'd stay far away from any property that had that kind of judgment associated with it. It would be as dumb as buying a residential plot that used to be the site of a gas station that had a tank rupture.... I'd nope the eff out of that! They should have taken the club's offer to buy that 6 acres, then it wouldn't be their problem anymore.

(I can dream though... odds are they'll never try to sell/move... the Perry's seem to have been in the area for generations.)

build low income housing and sell to pay the fines

I have no idea on anything or any answers. But, I have to think the f-tard neighbors can't possibly ever expect to collect that amount of money. I wonder what happens if they ever needed to sell... because of their actions, a 6 acre section of their land is now considered contaminated with a $650,000 price tag to clean it up... as a buyer, I'd stay far away from any property that had that kind of judgment associated with it. It would be as dumb as buying a residential plot that used to be the site of a gas station that had a tank rupture.... I'd nope the eff out of that! They should have taken the club's offer to buy that 6 acres, then it wouldn't be their problem anymore.

(I can dream though... odds are they'll never try to sell/move... the Perry's seem to have been in the area for generations.)
Damn, 6 acre?

I thought everyone was talking about something stupid small like 30' or so. 6 acre is a good amount of land.

Damn, 6 acre?

I thought everyone was talking about something stupid small like 30' or so. 6 acre is a good amount of land.

6 acres may sound like a lot, but they have something like 50 acres with one house on it, far from the 6 acre part. They probably never walked to the back of their land. If you call up the plot plans, you'll see this 6 acre section is this little "tab" that sticks out to the left from the rest of the neighbor's land, for no apparent reason, into the newer 200 yard range. To actually use this land for building something would be ridiculous. About all its good for is enjoying nature, or a shooting range. (Who divides large sections of land up like this anyway? You should either make it a big rectangle or trapezoid, or at least make a border follow some kind of natural boundary like a stream. But no, they're like hey let's make this stupid tab stick out the side of it for no obvious reason.)

6 acres may sound like a lot, but they have something like 50 acres with one house on it, far from the 6 acre part. They probably never walked to the back of their land. If you call up the plot plans, you'll see this 6 acre section is this little "tab" that sticks out to the left from the rest of the neighbor's land, for no apparent reason, into the newer 200 yard range. To actually use this land for building something would be ridiculous. About all its good for is enjoying nature, or a shooting range. (Who divides large sections of land up like this anyway? You should either make it a big rectangle or trapezoid, or at least make a border follow some kind of natural boundary like a stream. But no, they're like hey let's make this stupid tab stick out the side of it for no obvious reason.)
I have seen plenty of lots that way. I always wondered if there was some stupid law that required a min lot size when subdividing and thats how they got around it. But I never cared enough to research it, what's done is done.

There was research done on this. The omission of the flag from the Ranges property was a mistake when selling off parcels from a large estate. The original sales were supposed to be blocks and somewhere along the paperwork line it was messed up, but tit didn't matter to the estate managers as they did not live in NH.

No one was aware of this flag of land for over 80 years in actual relation to usage. If they were, the range would have been confronted about it when they built the archery trail in the 50s that ENCIRLCED the flag.

The neighbor had no idea that flag was his nor did he ever walk his land until he hired a logger which started this. If he had, he would have noticed the 20 archery lanes and hundreds of people who used it every year.

This entire saga was about closing the club. Period. Thats what the neighbor and the town want. If I won PowerBall I'd buy every piece of property around that a**h*** and shoot tannerite and FA everyday, then host MAGA parties every night.
That's it in a nutshell. The wetland judgement was put there as the back breaker. Those "clean-ups" are bottomless pits money wise and the land would also then have heavy restrictions placed on it.

Boundaries like that are not unusual. Our property, is a lopsided "U", with the large leg being ~400' and the narrow leg about 60'. The original land, which dates back to the mid 1700's included farm land on both sides of the road, as does the farm down the street from us. At some point the land on the opposite side of the road was sold, but when we bought the place ~19 years ago the dug well was still on the other side of the road, for which we have an easement (it's been replaced with a drilled well on our property).

After the land across the road was sold, what eventually because our property was a roughly 12 acre square. The previous owner then old a 2 acre chunk to his son for their house off to one side, but not completely on the corner, so our property completely surrounds the son's 2 acre lot. Apparently the original narrow leg was about 100' wide but he also traded a 40' wide slice from that side to the far neighbor in exchange for ~3 acres of unbuildable land along the back of the property so the neighbor would have sufficient frontage to build their house. I have no idea why he didn't use either opportunity to square out that corner, but as a result we now have a ~60' x ~200' slice of our property that is essentially unusable.

So a 6 acre tab extending into another piece of property is completely believable.

Boundaries like that are not unusual. Our property, is a lopsided "U", with the large leg being ~400' and the narrow leg about 60'. The original land, which dates back to the mid 1700's included farm land on both sides of the road, as does the farm down the street from us. At some point the land on the opposite side of the road was sold, but when we bought the place ~19 years ago the dug well was still on the other side of the road, for which we have an easement (it's been replaced with a drilled well on our property).

After the land across the road was sold, what eventually because our property was a roughly 12 acre square. The previous owner then old a 2 acre chunk to his son for their house off to one side, but not completely on the corner, so our property completely surrounds the son's 2 acre lot. Apparently the original narrow leg was about 100' wide but he also traded a 40' wide slice from that side to the far neighbor in exchange for ~3 acres of unbuildable land along the back of the property so the neighbor would have sufficient frontage to build their house. I have no idea why he didn't use either opportunity to square out that corner, but as a result we now have a ~60' x ~200' slice of our property that is essentially unusable.

So a 6 acre tab extending into another piece of property is completely believable.
There is all sorts of weird shit like that in my neighborhood. There is a 40' wide strip of property owned by someone else running through the back yard of the guy across the street because 100 years ago the sheep farmer that sold off everything wanted to keep a wagon trail or something to the creek.

There was research done on this. The omission of the flag from the Ranges property was a mistake when selling off parcels from a large estate. The original sales were supposed to be blocks and somewhere along the paperwork line it was messed up, but tit didn't matter to the estate managers as they did not live in NH.

No one was aware of this flag of land for over 80 years in actual relation to usage. If they were, the range would have been confronted about it when they built the archery trail in the 50s that ENCIRLCED the flag.

The neighbor had no idea that flag was his nor did he ever walk his land until he hired a logger which started this. If he had, he would have noticed the 20 archery lanes and hundreds of people who used it every year.

Okay, that makes sense. If I go online today and look up the property boundaries (IIRC it was at this arcgis web site), I do clearly see the tab there. So, was this added only recently to the maps? If you went to older property records, was it actually not shown there? It is of course absurd to blame the club for land no one knew was there. I would assume whoever put in the 200 yard range at least called up a plot plan somewhere to make sure it wasn't crossing over some boundary? And, they looked this up and indeed there was no boundary to worry about?

Okay, that makes sense. If I go online today and look up the property boundaries (IIRC it was at this arcgis web site), I do clearly see the tab there. So, was this added only recently to the maps? If you went to older property records, was it actually not shown there? It is of course absurd to blame the club for land no one knew was there. I would assume whoever put in the 200 yard range at least called up a plot plan somewhere to make sure it wasn't crossing over some boundary? And, they looked this up and indeed there was no boundary to worry about?

The range was built INSIDE the Archery trail loop that has been there since the 50s. No maps were consulted becuase the range was using the land since it was founded.

We used to own 200 acres of rural land in Maine (just sold it -- needed money and we never got around to building the cabin). A couple years ago, we went there and found there's a family with an RV and a newly built house, literally right on our border. Fine by me since it was the far border anyway and I didn't care, but I was curious since I didn't think there was any buildable lot there and they did it 20 feet from our border rather than way back from any border like you'd normally do on a large rural lot. My realtor told me "oh right, the town did some re surveying or something something and discovered another acre of land right there that wasn't actually ever included in any of the plot plans for the 3 bordering property owners. So, they made up a new 1 acre lot and sold it for like $4000 or something tiny.

Back
Top Bottom