• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Monadnock & NES needs your help

Of course not!

Even if they paid them off, IIRC the town permanently shutdown all shooting there and is unlikely to allow them to reopen under any circumstances.

If they are forced to sell (very sad), they should sell to Avalon for a huge apartment complex. It seems that every Avalon development results in lots of police calls for service. My MA town (and the one I grew up in) both have one of their complexes. Prostitution, drug rings, crime, overdoses, etc. are the flavor of the day. My former police chief (and boss) once told me that it was the worst mistake the town made to allow them to build there. I'm sure that the Perrys would prefer them as neighbors! [devil]

Government programs would pay them for the use of the land to fill with FEMA trailers to relocate refugees from the southern border. This is what I'd be doing right now if I were pres.

My understanding is shooting is still not being allowed? So raising membership fees isn't an option. Also the membership cap was never a real cap. It was a simple vote and it was raised every year applications exceeded the cap. The limit is just a procedural part of the by laws and only requires a simple majority to alter.

I don't see how the town will let the range subdivide if that was even an option. Also I'm not sure how you even come up with a sale price given the lien that would exist. There is still the original giant patch of range that has lead all over it from more than half a century. Is someone really going to be able to buy the range, clean it up and get town/state sign-off?

I'm highly dubious about the town since it's clear they support full retard compliance. Because if the town turns around and went easy in a new buyer, wouldn't that open up the town to a civil suit buy the previous range owners? Couldn't they turn back and say "hey we asked the town to help, the hard balked us and then rolled over for a developer".

My overall assessment remains exactly the same as it was years ago when this started. The neighbor wanted guns gone at all costs. The town was in bed with them. The state was an unwitting accomplis. And now everyone wants to know where the free fantasy land money is going to come from to "cleanup" an area that doesn't actually need any cleanup the forest and animals DGAF about lead.

Literally the only people who think there is an environmental issue here are the retards that created a circus.

ETA: even if money fell from the sky to "clean up" the area and pay everyone off, the end result would be a flag of land the owner will NEVER use because it's in the middle of a deserted firing range.

We used to own 200 acres of rural land in Maine (just sold it -- needed money and we never got around to building the cabin). A couple years ago, we went there and found there's a family with an RV and a newly built house, literally right on our border. Fine by me since it was the far border anyway and I didn't care, but I was curious since I didn't think there was any buildable lot there and they did it 20 feet from our border rather than way back from any border like you'd normally do on a large rural lot. My realtor told me "oh right, the town did some re surveying or something something and discovered another acre of land right there that wasn't actually ever included in any of the plot plans for the 3 bordering property owners. So, they made up a new 1 acre lot and sold it for like $4000 or something tiny.
Usually the rest of this story is "... to someone well connected to some town official"

Government programs would pay them for the use of the land to fill with FEMA trailers to relocate refugees from the southern border. This is what I'd be doing right now if I were pres.
I feel bad about this.
A great club and great folks.
I wouldn't presume to tell them what to do , but i know that if it was me, I would throw the biggest f*ck you i could at them on the way out the door.
But I am a seriously vindictive bastard by nature.
Not a bad idea you had at all.
Maybe someone could think of something even worst.

This might be what we would all wish to do to the a**h*** neighbors but I don't wish this on the MRGCI members.

Please remember NES may have lost the main place for Green Member Shoots but our 2A brethren in NH lost their local range and most likely a club. I wish the neighbors all the financial losses and pains that comes with being this type of neighbor. May they choke every time they have to pay taxes on that land and knowing it will cost them >$600K to sell, if they can even sell it. f*** them!

Matt

My understanding is shooting is still not being allowed? So raising membership fees isn't an option. Also the membership cap was never a real cap. It was a simple vote and it was raised every year applications exceeded the cap. The limit is just a procedural part of the by laws and only requires a simple majority to alter.

I'm not sure how that still stands since I thought the stay was all about while they fought in courts. This should not have implications on the rest of the land. They should be able to create another berm or use the club as pistol/pit shooting range. This is how they make money, so the court is essentially cuts off their livelyhood, which has nothing to do with dispute over the land. They can easily make this into IDPA range, there is enough place.

This is a bigger issue than just being a range. If we keep retreating, there won't be less pressure, only more. We need to make a stand for the principle only. If this means increase in membership, I'd sign up tomorrow and likely few more people. Please, MRGCI, I beg you, don't keel over. Tell us what you need. We need to make a stand here.

I've never been there, but I'd join up to help them out. Hopefully not too far in the future I will be living much closer than I am now :)

I don't see how the town will let the range subdivide if that was even an option. Also I'm not sure how you even come up with a sale price given the lien that would exist. There is still the original giant patch of range that has lead all over it from more than half a century. Is someone really going to be able to buy the range, clean it up and get town/state sign-off?

I'm highly dubious about the town since it's clear they support full retard compliance. Because if the town turns around and went easy in a new buyer, wouldn't that open up the town to a civil suit buy the previous range owners? Couldn't they turn back and say "hey we asked the town to help, the hard balked us and then rolled over for a developer".

My overall assessment remains exactly the same as it was years ago when this started. The neighbor wanted guns gone at all costs. The town was in bed with them. The state was an unwitting accomplis. And now everyone wants to know where the free fantasy land money is going to come from to "cleanup" an area that doesn't actually need any cleanup the forest and animals DGAF about lead.

Literally the only people who think there is an environmental issue here are the retards that created a circus.

ETA: even if money fell from the sky to "clean up" the area and pay everyone off, the end result would be a flag of land the owner will NEVER use because it's in the middle of a deserted firing range.
A couple of points.

The lien gets paid off at the passing of property. I had to pay off a small lien by the town (that I wasn't aware of previously) when I sold my late Father's house. It's done all the time.

NH has "workforce housing" in the RSAs. I haven't read the law carefully, but I think it is like a MA C. 40B where locals can't really stop it.

A MA gun club I was a member of had all their outdoor ranges de-leaded at absolutely no cost by a company that came in and did the work in exchange for keeping the lead. This was probably ~10 yrs ago. So it may be possible to clean up a range at low/no cost. However the Perrys wouldn't allow that in lieu of payment, of that you can be certain. Likewise, the town wouldn't either. Both have the same objective . . . shut down MRGCI, they don't want remediation.
I sure do miss those shoots at Monadnock! Something I never experienced before and most likely never will again. My kids sure enjoyed it, too.

2014 Pumpkin Blast

Another 2014 Pumpkin Blast
Same here and when I moved to NH I was looking forward to attending more of the shoots there.

It was a nice club and a great group of guys.

I bet there were moles on this forum and in the club membership, maybe the Perry's themselves who were providing all the intel in real time from the first day the range went from discussion to construction. Really enjoyed being part of the shoots and wish now that I hadn't missed a bunch.

I'm all for fighting this. When I moved to NH I was looking forward to being a little closer and going to their events, just to have them stop that same year. But to make this work there are things that have to happen. The first is that the club membership and leadership has to want it. They must know by now that there are a lot that will support them if they need it, and they do.
They need to open back up, at least the areas not in contention. The idea that a court can remove all means of income AND order a huge fine and payment is ridiculous and I can't see how that would stand if appealed high enough. If they can get this fixed, then they can raise money through donations and "membership", as in world wide. You're appealing to the millions of potential supporters who will buy a "membership" with no intention of ever going there, just to support the cause. Reach out to all the orgs GOAL, Comm2a, GOA, even the NRA not just for money but for promotion of the issue. Reach out to celebrities who are friendly to the cause for both money and promotion, and Trump, Barron and Don.
I look at their web page, that doesn't even load right, and you'd think it was business as normal. They tried to settle it, now it's time to fight. Make it well known that gov is being used to kill an American pastime, get the firearms community involved. Start taking donations! Set up a site to do this! Get Colion Noir and other YouTubers to promote this. Remember, if they get $1 from a million people their problems are over, it's all about numbers. Think about it Noir has 1.79M subscribers, if just 5% donated just $10 they could settle everything, or more likely get that $10 from a lot more people and have a war chest that would make the local town actually worry about.

This all requires that the club have the fight in them to do it, they could start by getting involved in the dialog here.

I'm all for fighting this. When I moved to NH I was looking forward to being a little closer and going to their events, just to have them stop that same year. But to make this work there are things that have to happen. The first is that the club membership and leadership has to want it. They must know by now that there are a lot that will support them if they need it, and they do.
They need to open back up, at least the areas not in contention. The idea that a court can remove all means of income AND order a huge fine and payment is ridiculous and I can't see how that would stand if appealed high enough. If they can get this fixed, then they can raise money through donations and "membership", as in world wide. You're appealing to the millions of potential supporters who will buy a "membership" with no intention of ever going there, just to support the cause. Reach out to all the orgs GOAL, Comm2a, GOA, even the NRA not just for money but for promotion of the issue. Reach out to celebrities who are friendly to the cause for both money and promotion, and Trump, Barron and Don.
I look at their web page, that doesn't even load right, and you'd think it was business as normal. They tried to settle it, now it's time to fight. Make it well known that gov is being used to kill an American pastime, get the firearms community involved. Start taking donations! Set up a site to do this! Get Colion Noir and other YouTubers to promote this. Remember, if they get $1 from a million people their problems are over, it's all about numbers. Think about it Noir has 1.79M subscribers, if just 5% donated just $10 they could settle everything, or more likely get that $10 from a lot more people and have a war chest that would make the local town actually worry about.

This all requires that the club have the fight in them to do it, they could start by getting involved in the dialog here.

1617463355888.png

I feel bad about this.
A great club and great folks.
I wouldn't presume to tell them what to do , but i know that if it was me, I would throw the biggest f*ck you i could at them on the way out the door.
But I am a seriously vindictive bastard by nature.
Not a bad idea you had at all.
Maybe someone could think of something even worst.
Pig farm

Even if they paid all that money, I'm 99.9999% certain that the town wouldn't allow them to shoot anywhere on their property. It would take a few hundred thousand to appeal high enough to overturn that shutdown. The town is in bed with the Perrys, neither ever want even one shot to be heard there.

Even if they paid all that money, I'm 99.9999% certain that the town wouldn't allow them to shoot anywhere on their property. It would take a few hundred thousand to appeal high enough to overturn that shutdown. The town is in bed with the Perrys, neither ever want even one shot to be heard there.
This is exactly why I thought the shutdown needs to be addressed first. Not only does it deprive them of the use of their land, but without it keeping the club there is pointless. So yes, raise the 300K and fight that issue. The same suggested tactics still apply.

I agree there is some sketchy stuff going on between the Perrys and the liberal mecca of Peterborough. But I also think the club got bad legal advice. The "squatters rights the land should be ours" defense was not a good route to go. It sounds like the Perry's didn't even know they owned that land but are probably thrilled to stick it to the club.

Be funny to rig up some kind of hidden sound system to randomly play the sounds of gunfire at the club.

I agree there is some sketchy stuff going on between the Perrys and the liberal mecca of Peterborough. But I also think the club got bad legal advice. The "squatters rights the land should be ours" defense was not a good route to go. It sounds like the Perry's didn't even know they owned that land but are probably thrilled to stick it to the club.

Be funny to rig up some kind of hidden sound system to randomly play the sounds of gunfire at the club.

To clear up how you are wrong above. Not an attack I'm just telling you what actually happened.

- The Perry's hired a logger to assess their land.
- The logger pulled land records and pointed out while walking that the property line went into the range.
- The property owner had at that time lived there 20+ years and never knew the gun range AND SURROUNDING 70yo ARCHERY RANGE were on his property.
- The Perry's approached the club with this info under the lie they wanted to sort it out.
- The club offered $10k for the flag AND equal land that wouod be contiguous with the Perry parcel for the flag. This is more than the land is worth and they wouod have ended up with the same acreage and actual usable land.
- The Perry's declined and then reported the range to the city and state claiming the range took the land and destroyed wetlands while constructing the new 200yd range.
- The club IN DEFENSIVE RETALIATION filed for adverse possession because they had been using that area for the entire existence of the club

Additional info.

Neithrr the Perry's nor the city had legitimate surveys of the property lines. The range paid for and supplied a complete survey of the property at their own expense after the initial contact.

To clear up how you are wrong above. Not an attack I'm just telling you what actually happened.

- The Perry's hired a logger to assess their land.
- The logger pulled land records and pointed out while walking that the property line went into the range.
- The property owner had at that time lived there 20+ years and never knew the gun range AND SURROUNDING 70yo ARCHERY RANGE were on his property.
- The Perry's approached the club with this info under the lie they wanted to sort it out.
- The club offered $10k for the flag AND equal land that wouod be contiguous with the Perry parcel for the flag. This is more than the land is worth and they wouod have ended up with the same acreage and actual usable land.
- The Perry's declined and then reported the range to the city and state claiming the range took the land and destroyed wetlands while constructing the new 200yd range.
- The club IN DEFENSIVE RETALIATION filed for adverse possession because they had been using that area for the entire existence of the club
Thanks for clearing up the offer and sequence of events. It makes a lot more sense now.
I've been trying to follow this thread and reading whatever ends up in the paper.

Then have the perrys on the news with the bullet that landed on their kitchen table from the club shooting?

If they think they're going to get that money from the sale of the land, they are still retarded. They've basically destroyed the entire value of that property by doing what they did. What kind of person is going to buy that parcel to live next to someone that has buddies in the town willing to bankrupt you?

Does anything prohibit 100 or so individuals from buying the property as the NH equivalent of "tenants by the entirety" and simply shooting on their own private land, not as a gun range but private persons?

Does anything prohibit 100 or so individuals from buying the property as the NH equivalent of "tenants by the entirety" and simply shooting on their own private land, not as a gun range but private persons?

I am unsure of the current town situation with shooting. I moved quite a bit further away 4 years ago and really only handled the fishing derby after that and there wasn't one last year.

Looking at the calendar the "range closed" daiky note ended in Nov last year. But there is no announcement on the page about it opening.

Mrgci.com

Screenshot_20210403-203829_Brave.jpg

Any reason the club can't play videos of the shoots with the soundtrack played over massive speakers even louder than the original shoots?

Back
Top Bottom