• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Monadnock & NES needs your help

I agree there is some sketchy stuff going on between the Perrys and the liberal mecca of Peterborough. But I also think the club got bad legal advice. The "squatters rights the land should be ours" defense was not a good route to go. It sounds like the Perry's didn't even know they owned that land but are probably thrilled to stick it to the club.

Be funny to rig up some kind of hidden sound system to randomly play the sounds of gunfire at the club.

I swear I did NOT read your post before I made more or less the same suggestion!

Adverse possession is a tricky thing. I think the club just got shitty legal advice.

If it any point the club had permission to use the land from the actual owner it’s pretty hard to win that case.

With no proof of permission adverse possession is still tricky.

I’m still dealing with my own lawsuits...Other than the money that’s been wasted it’s a big bitch wasting so much time on something when you know you’re right.

The one thing I got going for me is my neighbors are f***ing stupid. Or at least stupider than I am.

I understand being a sore loser. But they’re gonna be dealing with a sore winner. I’ll have absolutely zero concern for their feelings or comfort after I win.

Things didn’t have to be this way. But it is what it is

I’m thinking about taking this bad boy out. It’s pretty much never even been fired because of the club shut down.
I’m thinking on my birthday this month so I’m gonna take it up to my place shoot about 600 feet from the neighbors and catch a noise violation. Might as will get that fight started...

I just can’t be scared to do the one thing that’s legal up there...There’s already a shit storm in the city over alot of things. It’s not like they can make it any worse for me. I pay my taxes.....If just that lands costs $5000 a year I must be entitled to shoot at least 5000 rounds right?

Attachments

• 3A34C3AC-BC16-42A7-AEFE-870D506EA523.jpeg
    3A34C3AC-BC16-42A7-AEFE-870D506EA523.jpeg
    479.4 KB · Views: 60
you guys shooting the MG 42 is the only one I’ve ever seen work in person.
The one we shot at the 2015 Pumpkin Shoot did work pretty well after it got soaked in oil, the one we tried at the 2016 Car Shoot musta been a Union member.

That aside, I'd love to see a different outcome for the Club than what they are eying now.

Serious suggestion...

Solar farm on the open space up top, excepting some space for at least an archery range. Crowd the little splinter of Perry land with solar panels. Lots of them.

The idea is to generate regular monthly income to handle the legal debt and a future lawsuit against the Perry's forcing them to actually perform the environmental remediation they claim the judgement is for. At least the club could continue to operate the "other" activities. And sooner or later the Perry's will die and perhaps the new owners there will be more reasonable.

Last edited:
I guess he wasn’t putting down the MG 42 in general. But I see so many of them break and require multiple crucial pieces to be ran again. I don’t know that much about it I just know the one at the pumpkin shoot actually worked...As far as in close to a dozen that didn’t at all. But hey sometimes we all have a bad day at the range

I'll be retiring in a few years and NH is top of the list. I'm seriously tempted to move to there and make town politics a special project. I like that area excepting the town of Penisboro and it would be close to kids in MA. I don't know all the details of how that town rolls, but the situation in Granby is essentially the result of one miserable c-word and a majority anti-2A zoning board.

I'll be retiring in a few years and NH is top of the list. I'm seriously tempted to move to there and make town politics a special project. I like that area excepting the town of Penisboro and it would be close to kids in MA. I don't know all the details of how that town rolls, but the situation in Granby is essentially the result of one miserable c-word and a majority anti-2A zoning board.
If you get into town politics, you should probably go to a town where you can make a difference. A town that is still red but slowly turning blue, defend the range, gun stores, shut down new taxes and so on.

PS: I look forward to hearing stories of you shutting moonbat stuff down.

I've been told (this is hearsay) that Peterborough is quite blue

Understatement of the year. The red bricks in the center of town should be the first clue.... pretty red bricks in town center nearly always mean lefties. Then, you still got lots of maskurbators there and places like Pizza Barn you can't even enter, because Grandma will die of covaids. And this is the only town in the whole area where I routinely see BLM idiots (all white BTW) like 50 to maybe even 100 of them standing around the route 202/101 intersection with their stupid signs, while dutifully maskurbating and social distancing. Lefty stores and restaurants abound... pretty obvious if you walk around town and see all the usual things they love and their lefty food that costs too much and saves the world while tasting awful as they rudely serve it to you.

Not a fan!

If you get into town politics, you should probably go to a town where you can make a difference. A town that is still red but slowly turning blue, defend the range, gun stores, shut down new taxes and so on.

PS: I look forward to hearing stories of you shutting moonbat stuff down.
You are probably correct about keeping a purple town from going blue. Better chance of making a difference. There are other shenanigans that threaten clubs, such as the Westminster shut down created by a dirty planning board member with a developer brother.

Im clearly in the minority here. I mean all of this nonsense could have been avoided. The club by rights should have gone over the top to be sure where their property lines were before building anything, especially out on the edge of the property line. Further they could well have asked permission, or disclosed their plans, and if there was resistance, couls have had time to consider actions going forward. Did the club not realize they filled in and built on wet lands? Thats the real problem here. Land plot sized aside. Say you go on vacation, upon your return, your neighbor has poured a slab and erected a pavillion, on YOUR back corner of YOUR lot. Are you the ass if you dont just accept it? The arguments in this thread are all silly at best. Would the value of the plot matter? Ex ok you can key my old beater because you don't feel its valueable enough. However you may not key my 2021 pickup, because its worth more…no private property is private property. Or what if a neighbor decided say your camper parked out in the back corner of your property was, idk his. So when ever he and the wife get to fighting he stays in the camper till she cools off. Is that cool if hes a 2a guy? I mean he has good intentions right….bottom line is maybe don't build stuff (particularly on wetlands) with out checking with ol uncle sam first, and if its out on the edge of the property, or if the general belief is the line is back there in the woods, you know like right over that hill. Call a surveyor before you go filling things in. Im not saying the town inspector isnt in bed with a developer, or that there isnt some alternative motive, or anything like that. Im just saying be intellectually consistent. One cant just claim property and fill in wet lands and construct out buildings, on that fill. Particularly if one is not quite sure where their property lines actually are….

Im clearly in the minority here. I mean all of this nonsense could have been avoided. The club by rights should have gone over the top to be sure where their property lines were before building anything, especially out on the edge of the property line. Further they could well have asked permission, or disclosed their plans, and if there was resistance, couls have had time to consider actions going forward. Did the club not realize they filled in and built on wet lands? Thats the real problem here. Land plot sized aside. Say you go on vacation, upon your return, your neighbor has poured a slab and erected a pavillion, on YOUR back corner of YOUR lot. Are you the ass if you dont just accept it? The arguments in this thread are all silly at best. Would the value of the plot matter? Ex ok you can key my old beater because you don't feel its valueable enough. However you may not key my 2021 pickup, because its worth more…no private property is private property. Or what if a neighbor decided say your camper parked out in the back corner of your property was, idk his. So when ever he and the wife get to fighting he stays in the camper till she cools off. Is that cool if hes a 2a guy? I mean he has good intentions right….bottom line is maybe don't build stuff (particularly on wetlands) with out checking with ol uncle sam first, and if its out on the edge of the property, or if the general belief is the line is back there in the woods, you know like right over that hill. Call a surveyor before you go filling things in. Im not saying the town inspector isnt in bed with a developer, or that there isnt some alternative motive, or anything like that. Im just saying be intellectually consistent. One cant just claim property and fill in wet lands and construct out buildings, on that fill. Particularly if one is not quite sure where their property lines actually are….
The property line issue is likely a valid point, unless there were prior records not showing the neighboring property having a spike of land sticking out into the club's plot. Assuming the lot lines are valid, the club made an honest mistake and is paying dearly for it. An ethical way to handle it would have been to sell that little piece to the club, even if at way above value. However, the property owner and the town were vindictive anti-2A c*nts and sought to cause the most damage possible to the club. So you support taking advantage of a situation such as this?

You are wrong about the wetland BS. Their range is built on sandy/gravelly/rocky loam that slopes significantly downward on both sides. I did not see that land before they built it, but NFW was it a bonafide wetland. Town Farm Brook is to the left and it was not disturbed. The type of soil at the range would not support a wetland, and the range is up on a rise. That's not only my observation, GIS data clearly supports it. Check out the Granite State GIS data site and you can see it for yourself.

Good job if your intent was to argue from the point of a liberal. Feelings not facts.

The whole thing is unfortunate. There was no malicious intent on the club's part however the neighbor is happy to prevent shooting on/near his property. I$10k for the land was not equitable a better offer would have been something like $50k something to make it worth his while. In retrospect working out the difficulties is a much better option than legal always always when lawyers are involved everybody loses - except the lawyers.

The whole thing is unfortunate. There was no malicious intent on the club's part however the neighbor is happy to prevent shooting on/near his property. I$10k for the land was not equitable a better offer would have been something like $50k something to make it worth his while. In retrospect working out the difficulties is a much better option than legal always always when lawyers are involved everybody loses - except the lawyers.

Honestly the best part of the current situation is the neighbor f***ed himself. That land is now wetlands per his insistence. And it has a lead contamination problem the state of NH now knows about. The club is never going to pay because they can't. So he's now saddled himself with a property he can never sell.

Also let's not forget the way this land line issue was found was the neighbor had a logger creating a quote to harvest lumber from "his wetlands"

I'm still wondering how this 6 acre "flag" of land was discovered. When I looked at old plot plans of the club when I first joined, I didn't see any such flag there. Was it truly something that no one even knew was there until a more accurate survey "discovered" this extra land and then decided it must belong the Perry's? I used to own acreage in Maine that I sold, and a re-survey next to my land discovered an extra acre there that they didn't know about. Which the town then sold to someone, who built a house on it beside my border. Is it something like that?

Back
Top Bottom