Monument Beach Sportsman Club

salesman

NES Member
Can anyone give their 2 cents on this club? I now live in the area and am looking to join a clean, family orientated club. Thanks.

Can anyone give their 2 cents on this club? I now live in the area and am looking to join a clean, family orientated club. Thanks.

What do you mean by FAMILY ORIENTATED!!!

The in door range is open 24/7 -minus certain meet times.

NO MAG LOADS ALLOWED!! NOTHING OVER 45 ACP!!! INSIDE

Out door range open dawn to dusk - Closed during hunting season.

No full auto's allowed. no 50 bmg allowed.

A 60 shooter out door range with 100 and 200 yd clang and bang.

World class shoot gun area.

Another 100yd range to use for B.P or what ever.

I think an indoor 100yd archery bld.

A great club house.

about 80 acres

Another range that is set up for pistol and they are put moving targets on it.

They are building a separate Cowboy action area with seating area.

But like in any club it is all in who you know and who you piss off!!!

You have to watch your back because most everyone there reports you for most anything and the board of directors drive thru the area most everyday!!!

IT IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT ONLY!!!!!

Watch your back and take advantage of the clubs grounds.

I try to use it 3 to 5 times a week.

If you want to use it as a substitute for Sunday after church SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

You are welcome to come along as my guess any time.

I'll be going there this morning early. Or any day for that matter.

By the way fees for indoor is $2 for members and $5 for guests, out doors is free for members and $5 for guests.

No limit on the # of guests or the # of times they can come.

Fred

This is a little more than @2 cents worth.

Is this the same range that abbuts the northwest corner of Camp Edwards??? I was working out on canalview road last week and heard someone doing some steel plate shooting. Almost got so antzy i was gonna wander off and see what was what till i saw the range signs... If you ever hear heavy construction equipment there.. YELL.. its probably me on drill weekend!

MBSC

What I meant by "family" was a place that had programs for the kids (ie, learning to shoot, archary, ect). I have three little ones and down the road I'd like them to have the opportunity to learn from people who have more knowledge than I do.

I'd love to take a walk through the place if you think this is what I'm looking for. I know most places require a sponsor, but I don"t know anyone over there. I appreciate the response...this forum seems to be one hell of a wealth of info.

Brian

What I meant by "family" was a place that had programs for the kids (ie, learning to shoot, archary, ect). I have three little ones and down the road I'd like them to have the opportunity to learn from people who have more knowledge than I do.

I'd love to take a walk through the place if you think this is what I'm looking for. I know most places require a sponsor, but I don"t know anyone over there. I appreciate the response...this forum seems to be one hell of a wealth of info.

Brian

Brian they do have all kinds of kids classes.

I will sponsor you.

I will walk you through the club anytime.

Fred

I've heard that this is a great club. I been out of shooting for a while and want to get back into it along with my 14 year old son. I live in falmouth about a mile from the falmouth rod and gun so naturally I thought about joining there. The place seems a little small and dont offer trap without also joining the skeet club.

Other people told me about monument beach and how nice it was. I'm mostly interested in trap and pistol shooting. I looked into membership and it seems like quite the detailed process. Anyone go through this lately? I think that putting in 12 hours volunteering is a great idea. I'd probably do more than that. The interview also makes sense too.

I just moved to Wareham, and have been throwing the idea around of trying to join this club, as it is like 15 minutes from my house. I just don't know if I will be able to meet all of these requirements they have in place. I work on a research vessel, so I am rarely home enough to accomplish my household work, never mind time to volunteer or shoot for that matter. It is really tough for me because it seems that most of the clubs require real active members, and there is no way I can do it. My shooting as of lately has consisted of making it to action shoots once every few months, IDPA or IPSC, at places like Harvard or Worcester because they are open shoots. The drive kills the little time I get on land.

It is nicknamed "The Dump" (simply for its location) in our bullseye league but in a very good way. We really like that club and enjoy shooting there and against the members. It really is a great club with very nice facilities. The banquet facility is really good too and puts on the best banquets for the league. If it wasn't so far away I would have joined in a heartbeat. I think you will really enjoy it.

I know this thread is old and this is short notice but I am near Monument beach so a friend and I are going to the dinner there tonight to try to get sponsored to join. I bought a house near buy and have been to several shows there. It is a great spot and the people seemed very friendly. Is there any input anyone can give me of who I should speak to there?

Thanks’
Paul C

I am a member there yes

Honestly if you attend some of the events or even come to the meetings volunteer to help get to know some members , I bet someone will sponsor you once they get to know you.
Check it out
They have archery, shotgun,action pistol , bullseye pistol, rifle shoots

Check website.

Back
Top Bottom