Moon island range test question

JackO

Instructor
For those who applied for an LTC in Boston and took Moon island range test. Do you remember what are the targets they use for the test? Size, regular bulls eye or silhouette, etc.? Also, what was a course of fire, how many rounds, single/double-handed, single/double action?

I have a couple of students who are applying for an LTC in Boston, and would be taking the range test. I would like them to practice prior to test.

For those who applied for an LTC in Boston and took Moon island range test. Do you remember what are the targets they use for the test? Size, regular bulls eye or silhouette, etc.? Also, what was a course of fire, how many rounds, single/double-handed, single/double action?

I have a couple of students who are applying for an LTC in Boston, and would be taking the range test. I would like them to practice prior to test.

It's an oddball target with 10/9/8 rings, not one of the standard NRA competition types. If you don't mind a trip into the 'hood, BGRA has them for sale for $0.50 each.

I'm scheduled to take the Moon Island test tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if they will postpone due to the weather? Or do we get to go out there and shoot in the blizzard?

I'm scheduled to take the Moon Island test tomorrow morning. Does anyone know if they will postpone due to the weather? Or do we get to go out there and shoot in the blizzard?
If the footing or visibility is bad, they won't shoot for safety reasons.

Once I was rescheduled the next day, once the following week, so YMMV.

They are indeed the Repair Center for a B-27 target (the old police qualification target before they got all PC on us).

JackO,

I have a bunch of the B-27C targets if you want to make the trip out to the Brighton / Watertown area to pick some up. PM me if you're interested.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom