Moon Island range test target?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1911

NES Member
Does anyone know which target is used for the Boston PD Moon Island range test? I need to get some of those targets.

12 shots da 18 ft 18shots any way sa or da 45 ft need 210 out of 300 I believe 4 Ruger is the gun they use not sure of model

12 shots da 18 ft 18shots any way sa or da 45 ft need 210 out of 300 I believe 4 Ruger is the gun they use not sure of model

The English translation for this is:
12 shots dbl action at 18 feet
18 shots using single or dbl action at 45 feet
Score total minimum 210 out of 300 possible.

Using a Rugar but you don't know the model.

DUDE!!!! You shouldn't power drink Budweisers starting at noon and dabble on the internet. You're going to hurt yourself. [cheers][cheers][puke2][rofl2]

When I did it decades ago I remember thinking the target was ridiculously large given the distances we were firing from. I was a complete novice shooter but had no issues scoring in the high 200's. It's about safety, not marksmanship.

Back then, they handed you chock-full-o-nuts coffee can with a beat up S&W revolver with 30 rounds of ammo.

When I did it decades ago I remember thinking the target was ridiculously large given the distances we were firing from. I was a complete novice shooter but had no issues scoring in the high 200's. It's about safety, not marksmanship.

Back then, they handed you chock-full-o-nuts coffee can with a beat up S&W revolver with 30 rounds of ammo.

My test was my second time shooting a handgun, also high two hundreds. By the time I took it they had upgraded the coffee cans to plastic buckets. Was very odd to walk in and get handed a gun in a bucket of ammo by a police officer in Massachusetts. Definitely the best part of the ltc experience

My test was my second time shooting a handgun, also high two hundreds. By the time I took it they had upgraded the coffee cans to plastic buckets. Was very odd to walk in and get handed a gun in a bucket of ammo by a police officer in Massachusetts. Definitely the best part of the ltc experience

Obviously part of the test. How you approach the gun in an unknown condition, check it, load it and get ready.

I wonder if anyone (even if just screwing around) has ever just picked it up and started pulling the trigger.

Obviously part of the test. How you approach the gun in an unknown condition, check it, load it and get ready.

I wonder if anyone (even if just screwing around) has ever just picked it up and started pulling the trigger.
I wouldn't be surprised. Some of the guys looked like they had never seen a gun before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom