Moon Island Test Effective by Bridge Closure...?

Any one have any idea what Boston and Brookliine PD are doing for Moon Island qual tests with the bridge closed down? To my understanding, that bridge they closed wont permit anyone to get to moon island. I could be wrong...

The bridge is fine. "There are strange things afoot"-on moon island. [tinfoil] . Suddenly closed around ebola outbreak.
we need Jesse the body to investigate.
Not sure where the qualifications are held now.

You don't have to travel over the bridge to get to "Moon Island". Check it out on google maps; the bridge begins shortly after you drive by the range.

^this...
Moon island is actually Moon Head... The bridge goes to Long Island.
And the BPD ranges at Moon Island are actually septic tanks. Consider yourself warned. [smile]

I was out fishing with my buddy this summer around there...is Long island the one that has a bunch of Fire tucks on it? You could see them all because we were up close..

I'm kinda surprised that nobody has called me out on the 'septic tank' comment. [grin]

Not calling you out because the dumbitude is strong on your comment. Those tanks have been close for about 50 years. Why the city hasn't filled them, I can't really guess.

I've been across the Long Island Bridge hundreds of times. It's been falling down almost since it was built. It is one scary ride, especially at night during bad weather.

Long Island Bridge, if you've ever sailed under it, you'll never drive on it.

Not calling you out because the dumbitude is strong on your comment.

[rolleyes]

I've been across the Long Island Bridge hundreds of times. It's been falling down almost since it was built. It is one scary ride, especially at night during bad weather.

I have, and do on the reg (when the boat is in the water.)

And the ranges are not actually in the poop tanks, but they're about as close as you can get. Google Maps shows them still full of water, but google Earth shows them grassed in.

[rolleyes]

I have, and do on the reg (when the boat is in the water.)

And the ranges are not actually in the poop tanks, but they're about as close as you can get. Google Maps shows them still full of water, but google Earth shows them grassed in.

They're grassed in, and have been for as long as I can remember. They aren't filled with dirt, which is what the city should do. I know where the ranges are and I know how close they are to the tanks. I've been out to Moon Island and Long Island hundreds of times.

Not calling you out because the dumbitude is strong on your comment. Those tanks have been close for about 50 years. Why the city hasn't filled them, I can't really guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
caught a few stripers under the bridge last year(not keepers tho) when I was out there..I did alot of staring up at that bridge...its one rusty mofo

Not maintained by gas taxes. It's a city owned bridge not the state. Which is why not a dime was spent maintaining it since completion.

It was probably maintained well enough until the Long Island Hospital closed. I think that was the late 1970s or so, although it continued as a Chronic Care and Alcohol Detox facility.

We used to have our annual BBQ out there during the summer. Those are stories I won't tell. :)

The Public Health Commission also maintains a camp out there for inner city youts.

It was an interesting place to wander around. Harbor Fort, Nike base, lighthouse, other stuff.

The city should have sold it off during the mid 1980s when real estate in Boston was booming, but didn't.

Not maintained by gas taxes. It's a city owned bridge not the state. Which is why not a dime was spent maintaining it since completion.

Back
Top Bottom