• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More machinists questions.......

ok, here's a machinist question.... any of you guys make AR FCG parts?
you know how modern viking type bros have fancy hammer pendants around their necks?

i've been kicking around the idea of an M16 hammer, probably in stainless... something jewelry friendly...

of course, it wouldn't need the slot in the bottom down by where the hammer pin goes through, and it wouldn't need the bushing part where the spring rests on either side of the pin hole...

anyone have these drawings queued up in a machine already?

since i don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a one-off custom piece, failing all that, what would it run me for a $16 off the shelf m16 hammer to have the spring bushing neatly milled off and to have the thing re-phosphated?

being of Irish descent, i wouldn't wear a Mjolnir.... but i'll wear my own hammer symbol :)
Do you want a design engraved onto an AR hammer?

ok, here's a machinist question.... any of you guys make AR FCG parts?
you know how modern viking type bros have fancy hammer pendants around their necks?

i've been kicking around the idea of an M16 hammer, probably in stainless... something jewelry friendly...

of course, it wouldn't need the slot in the bottom down by where the hammer pin goes through, and it wouldn't need the bushing part where the spring rests on either side of the pin hole...

anyone have these drawings queued up in a machine already?

since i don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a one-off custom piece, failing all that, what would it run me for a $16 off the shelf m16 hammer to have the spring bushing neatly milled off and to have the thing re-phosphated?

being of Irish descent, i wouldn't wear a Mjolnir.... but i'll wear my own hammer symbol :)

you can just grind that off, I'm pretty positive that even a file would be ok, I don't think that they are that hard.

The finish is dodgy, I'd suggest a powder coat paint. Your Irish sweat is going to totally ruin the f***ing thing and oxidize the shit out of it.

Back
Top Bottom