• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

More Moms demand blah blah blah fun Megathread update #647 Shannon Watts Want Your Credit Card To Monitor Your Purchases

If they don't want their kids making plastic guns they shouldn't buy them a damn 3-D printer! Problem solved

Archive link: The Age Of The 3D-Printed Gun | On Point
Avery Gardiner from the Brady Consortium was on OnPoint (not with Tom Ashbrook) braying about how apocalyptic this ruling is. The Brady Consortium is going to ask the judge for an injunction against Defense Distributed reposting the files. She made no acknowledgment of the facts that:
  • Many of the files in question were already in the wild, having been downloaded over 100,000 times while they were posted.
  • The Obama-era ruling was only in regard to hosting the files publicly on Defense Distributed's website. They have remained freely distributable.
  • Several other organizations have been propagating their own firearm files for years. The Obama-era restriction was only against Defense Distributed and did not affect the other organizations.
She made textbook fear mongering statements:
"We need to worry about..."
"This is a serious threat to all of us."

Other guests:
I would have put this in the Cody Wilson Finally Beats the State Department thread, but it is locked for some reason.

where do these bitches get off calling themselves "gun safety" orgs? What does even the first one of them know about gun safety?

Unless they mean "safe from guns" which is just as stupid.

Last edited:
where do these bitches get off calling themselves "gun safety" orgs? What does even the first one of them know about gun safety?

Unless them mean "safe from guns" which is just as stupid.
I saw a bumper sticker today that said “gunsafetyvoter”. I wonder if she knew the four rules or what Eddie Eagle is.

Unless they mean "safe from guns" which is just as stupid.
LOL "Gun safety". If they applied their definition of "safety" to cars, cars would be locked up and only allowed use by military and LE.

But, we actually train and license drivers and teach them how to safely handle and operate a motor vehicle at a young age. Minus the licensing part and forced training, this is what should be done with firearms. "Gun Safety" should mean provision and availability of proper training as opposed to bans and restrictions.

But we all know that bans and restrictions are what they are after to ultimately lead to total disarmament. They definition of "gun safety" is a path to repeal of 2A.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Phone: 617-733-3559

High School Students Announce 50 Mile March to Smith & Wesson Headquarters Stop Handgun Violence, March for Our Lives: Boston Partner, and 50 Miles More to Help in the Effort to Stop Gun Violence across the country

Boston, MA – Today, Massachusetts non-profit Stop Handgun Violence, March For Our Lives: Boston, and national youth-led gun reform movement 50 Miles More announce the launch of a 50 mile march across Massachusetts. The 50 Miles More: Massachusetts march, led by local youth activists, will begin in Worcester on August 23nd and end August 26th with a rally at Smith & Wesson in Springfield at 12:00pm. The march and rally aim to keep gun reform issues in the national spotlight and to draw attention to the fact that young people feel unsafe in their neighborhoods, classrooms, movie theaters, restaurants and homes.

Students are targeting Smith & Wesson for their role in producing and selling weapons used in many mass shootings – including the tragedies in Parkland, San Bernardino, and Aurora – and for their weapons’ contribution to daily gun violence in communities across the country. The students ask that Smith & Wesson:

1. Cease the manufacture and distribution of all weapons outlawed under the 2004 Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban including Attorney General Maura Healey’s copycat weapon enforcement.
    [*]Donate $5,000,000 to research violence caused by Smith & Wesson weapons and monitor illegal use of Smith & Wesson weapons to offset the lack of federal research funding for the gun violence epidemic.
“This 50 Mile walk is about accountability,” said student organizer Vikiana Petit-Homme.“Smith & Wesson continues to profit from guns used in horrific mass shootings and daily gun violence in our communities. We have had enough. We are demanding that they work with us to be a part of the solution, not the problem.”

“I am proud to live in the state with the lowest gun deaths in the nation,” said student organizer Jack Torres. “I am proud of our laws, our legislature, and governor for their stances on this issue. But what I am not proud of is that I live in the state that produces guns that are responsible for taking the lives of people all throughout this country. It is high time manufacturers join the conversation about ending gun violence. We’re bringing the fight to them because we have had enough. ”

“We are so excited to be working with the students of Massachusetts on their march,” said 50 Miles More co-founder and Executive Director Katie Eder. “This movement is incredibly powerful because the youth leading it are smart, strategic, and connected. Every step we take, we take toward the same goal — to making this country safer for everyone in it. That is why we launched #50more in #50states and why we will continue to fight tirelessly together to keep the momentum going on this movement.”

“We are proud to support the efforts of the students of 50 Miles More Massachusetts” said John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence “For too long, Smith & Wesson has received the benefit of Massachusetts’s strong state gun laws while exporting firearms not legal here in Massachusetts across stateliness to inflict violence and terror on other communities.”

Press Release: July 26, 2018 – 50 Miles More

Looks like we have some entitled little statists being led to run a fool’s errand.

They can't say Gun Control Voter because, you know, they believe in the Second Amendment, because all of their Grandfathers are hunters.

I saw a bumper sticker today that said “gunsafetyvoter”. I wonder if she knew the four rules or what Eddie Eagle is.

Small college town.

The newspaper article.
Group promotes firearm safety

ETA: Home to Speer/CCI ammo.

“Deliberately, there is nothing in this program that says you shouldn’t have a gun,” said Marcia Banta, a member of Moms Demand Action. “As a matter of fact, we are speaking much to people who do own guns. I am confident there is no one in this valley who sells guns that wants those guns to harm children.”

Banta, of Lewiston, has a concealed carry permit. She helped bring the program to the valley because she thinks it offers valuable tips.

Don't worry, she's a "gun owner" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom