More PC BULLSH** Crude Yankee T-Shirt Banned At Fenway

derek said:
What was it?

Yankees Suck and Jeter sucks A-Rod?

Man, I had a huge reply and it's gone. What's up with that?

Anyway, let's here here.

I think that it's Yankees Suck and Jeter Swallows.

And this is not new news. They were doing this when we were at the ALDS and ALCS last year. Why people were wearing Yankees Suck at the ALDS I will never know. Same as when people chant it when we're playing the D-Rays.

But this is a baseball game. Not a Wiggles concert, or Nemo on Ice. That's what you do at a baseball game. There are going to be drunk and obseen people yelling taunts towards the other team. THat's what you do at a baseball game. Drink beer, eat peanuts, and yell at the players and umps. It's not new folks.

This is one of the best rivalry's in baseball. It's about the fun. Hell, if Stiney boy can make up "Who's Your Daddy?" shirts, why can't we wear Yankees Suck shirts? Not that I would wear one, but I don't know why others can't.

I'm going to be at this series, so if they ARE doing this, I'll have to let you guys know.

Someday I'm going to get the T-shirt that says "I have two favorite teams: the Mets and anyone playing the Yankees."

Ross

dwarven1 said:
Someday I'm going to get the T-shirt that says "I have two favorite teams: the Mets and anyone playing the Yankees."

Ross

There's a store in Emerald Square that has the one that reads "My favorite team is the Sox and anyone playing the Yankees."

But I'm guessing that you're a Mets fan.

C-pher said:
dwarven1 said:

Ross

There's a store in Emerald Square that has the one that reads "My favorite team is the Sox and anyone playing the Yankees."

But I'm guessing that you're a Mets fan.

Born and brought up in northern NJ... and rooting for the Mets since the summer of '69.

Ross

Nickle said:
Ross, were you ever a member of BMWMCNJ?

Yeah, I was for about a year. I'd almost forgotten about that. I seem to remember a meeting or two in a restaurant at some little local airport or other... I think. That'd be from summer '86 to summer '87.

Why do you ask?

I doubt anyone there would remember me; I only attended a few meetings and was never much of one for group rides. Hell, it took me until 1999 to get to my first rally! And I got my first bike in '82.

I'd rather ride alone or with at most 1 or 2 friends.

OK everyone, I only moved to Boston less than 2 years ago. I grew up on Long Island which means you're either a Mets fan (me) or a Yankees fan (everybody else).

What's funny about the Yankees/Sox rivalry is that nobody in NY cares about the Sox. It's Boston based only. What's up with that?

Code:
What's funny about the Yankees/Sox rivalry is that nobody in NY cares about the Sox. It's Boston based only. What's up with that?

Please re-read my earlier post. [mrgreen]

SiameseRat said:
OK everyone, I only moved to Boston less than 2 years ago. I grew up on Long Island which means you're either a Mets fan (me) or a Yankees fan (everybody else).

See, here's what's weird about that. Because I have family on Long Island. They are all in Ocenside and Long Beach. And when I'm down there visiting, I catch all types of hell for wearing my Sox hat and shirts when I'm down there.

But my cousins kids are Mets fans. One has his whole room done up in the Mets stuff. The other has that same stuff, but has pictures of him hanging out in the Dugout during a game. Had his name up on the board, etc... He's Die Hard.

But with all respect, it is a rivalry. It’s the greatest rivalry in all of sports history. I fell that if you are a true fan of either team you are obligated to take part in it. True story, I was in Chicago last year were the White Sox are a waste of newspaper space and the Cubs are a religion. I was talking to a employee at the hotel I was staying and we started talking ball. So he asked me, “Is the rivalry between the Red Sox and Yankees as bad as the media says?” my reply was “Think about how bad you think it could be, and multiply it by 10.” I mean the Cubs have St. Louis Cardinals, When’s the last time you actually talked or heard someone talking about that rivalry. I just think we need to keep it alive.

I agree. And it shows here at work. We have a couple of Yankee fans here. And we are always giving each other shit all the time. It's part of the fun. Tell them that there's no riverly and they will laugh at you.

And they are Yankee fans because they are from New York also. But he's a Bronx kid, not Long Island. But still...it's one of the best rivalries. And I love it...as do most baseball fans.

And if it wasn't so HUGE, about the only time that ESPN picks up the Sox games, and not NESN is when it's time for the Sox/Yankees games.

I do have to admit, I think that they just pay too often too close to each other. They do need to spread it out over the season. There was no need for six games in the first two weeks of the season. If you're going to do five series with them...you can almost have one a month.

SiameseRat said:
I grew up on Long Island which means you're either a Mets fan (me) or a Yankees fan (everybody else).

Not necessarily, but it does highlite the age differences. Some poeple grew up there as Dodgers fans. There are still some people around here who grew up hating the Sox and rooting for the Braves. :eek:

Ken

FPrice said:
Code:

Please re-read my earlier post. [mrgreen]

Ahhhhhh Frosty-san, young grasshoppah think you veddy wise [wink]

It's not my family that give me a hard time. It's the people when I walk into Nathan's, when I'm going to Dunkies, when I'm on the Long Beach Boardwalk, stopping to pick up bagles in the morning, it doesn't matter. People on Long Island give me a hard time for wearing Sox stuff.

It's pretty funnny, and I don't really care. But to say that People on Long Island don't care doesn't fly where I'm staying.

The worst was when we went to a Brooklyn Cyclones game. Man, the people around Coney Island were brutal.

Back
Top Bottom