More than 30 Wyoming legislators sign on to bill to repeal most gun-free zones, override local laws

The bill would also clarify that only the Wyoming Legislature may regulate firearms, weapons and ammunition, therefore overriding local ordinances. - Yes...

and......

“I think the anti-gun crowd has kind of kicked the hornet’s nest a little bit,” Bouchard said. “This is an enumerated right that needs to be protected. The number of sponsors shows some movement in that direction.”....double yes....

"Vice Mayor Shawn Johnson said Thursday that he has no objections to allowing citizens to bring guns to City Council meetings.

“I always think that the more responsible people who have a concealed weapon on them, the safer we are,” he said, adding that many mass shootings have occurred in gun-free zones." Finally a pol who gets it...

Sounds like the promised land...

WY has no Income tax. The state sales tax rate is 4%, and the average WY sales tax after local surtaxes is 5.47%. WY has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the United States, with only eleven states collecting a lower median property tax.

Source: Wyoming Income Tax Rates for 2019

I forget the exact law, but you can shelter an asset for like 1,000 generations in Wyoming.

Not warm enough for me.

This morning, it was -15F at our place in Central VT. It is currently 9F.
Today in Cody WY, it was 27F for a low and 45F currently.
I have been there in the summer. We made a small snowman on July 1st in Yellowstone at one of the high passes. Otherwise, it was shorts and swimming...

This morning, it was -15F at our place in Central VT. It is currently 9F.
Today in Cody WY, it was 27F for a low and 45F currently.
I have been there in the summer. We made a small snowman on July 1st in Yellowstone at one of the high passes. Otherwise, it was shorts and swimming...
I don't know that I'd ever get tired of going to Yellowstone. I could live there. In the park. Forever.

Sounds like the promised land...

WY has no Income tax. The state sales tax rate is 4%, and the average WY sales tax after local surtaxes is 5.47%. WY has one of the lowest median property tax rates in the United States, with only eleven states collecting a lower median property tax.

Source: Wyoming Income Tax Rates for 2019
Sounding better and better... and they have Jackson Hole, Some of the best skiing in North America!

The ones in mAss should pay attention to a real American who holds his oath of office.

5c37e2a4cb3f5.image.jpg

NH is GTG

Concealed Firearm Permits - Division of Criminal Investigation

I used to live there. Go Wyo!

But. I was in the National Guard there, and it snowed on the 4th of July once at Camp Guernsey. It’s a bizarre state in many ways.

This piqued my interest:

Weatherby's New Headquarters
Founded in 1945 by Roy Weatherby in South Gate, California, Weatherby, Inc. is an American firearms company that prides itself on craftsmanship, reliability, and safety. The Weatherby name is known around the globe for their rifles and hyper-velocity magnum cartridges that are as accurate as they are powerful.

2018 will mark a new chapter as Weatherby will be relocating to the beautiful mountain town of Sheridan, Wyoming. Not only does it offer the perfect combination of rural living and political friendliness, it will be home to Weatherby’s new custom manufacturing facility and company headquarters.

Sheridan, Wyoming will usher in a new generation of Weatherby products and innovation.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeUSQzSlvwK/

Last edited:
This piqued my interest:

Weatherby's New Headquarters
Founded in 1945 by Roy Weatherby in South Gate, California, Weatherby, Inc. is an American firearms company that prides itself on craftsmanship, reliability, and safety. The Weatherby name is known around the globe for their rifles and hyper-velocity magnum cartridges that are as accurate as they are powerful.

2018 will mark a new chapter as Weatherby will be relocating to the beautiful mountain town of Sheridan, Wyoming. Not only does it offer the perfect combination of rural living and political friendliness, it will be home to Weatherby’s new custom manufacturing facility and company headquarters.

Sheridan, Wyoming will usher in a new generation of Weatherby products and innovation.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeUSQzSlvwK/

Magpul also moved there manufacturing to WY after CO passed there anti 2A BS
Magpul Industries - Wikipedia

Unfortunately, the more people that decide to move/retire there, the more it will go the way of Montana, and then Colorado before that.

Californication of the Rocky Mountain West. It's like f***ing Cancer.

I have a good friend that lived in Idaho for 10 or so years...he left because of the californication of that state...he considered moving to Wyoming but told me that that state isn't too far behind Idaho. He ended up moving to Western South Dakota. Still not the best he said but it is better than what he left. California is puking all over the west/Midwest.

I’d rather see discretionary enforcement of pro-gun laws that go a bit to far than overzealous enforcement of anti-gun laws (or Haley’s total overreach on the MA-AWB).

Arresting people isn’t supposed to be easy, and letting criminals walk is supposed to be hard. It’s gone upside down in 2020, with NYPD back to Stop and Frisk, arresting 100s/mo for gun charges and 90%+ let walk.

I’d like to see statistics that it’s the 90%+ with simple possession and no substantial criminal history, but I suspect it’s an “equity” thing, with an eye towards keeping Blacks jailed proportional to ~25% population. The Mayor and NYPD CLEO aren’t stupid enough to pack Blacks in jails on Stop & Frisks - again... yet.

Back
Top Bottom