• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg 500a Trigger Housing

I was wondering if anyone on here has ever dissassembled and reassembled a Mossberg 500a's trigger housing and could help me out with it. I was giving it a thorough cleaning and stupidly dissassembled it, figuring it wouldn't be too hard to put back together with a exploded diagram.

When I found the manual it just says "The trigger housing is a complex assembly and must not be disassembled. Disassembly should only be performed by the factory or a qualified gunsmith." and I couldn't find a detailed diagram anywhere.

I will give it a shot myself and if I still can't figure it out I'll bring it to a gunsmith as instructed. If anyone could point me in the direction of a diagram or could give me some pointers as to how to do it, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mark

I have a raspy trigger in my 500AT and disassembled it hoping to make things a little smoother. I gave up and sent a bag of parts to a "smith" from the club, when I picked it up it was missing the spring that locks the action when loaded. Now it locks when ejecting a round. The spring is worth more than the gun I think, it is 30 or so y.o.

If you figure it out let me know, you can fix mine.[grin]

When I give mine another good cleaning and I get the itch to clean the trig ass. I will head your troubles, I'll just use gun scrubber instead and a dash of remoil. Good luck and may Santa's elves give you guidance.

I could probably manage if I had one side by side for comparison, could anyone take any closeups of the assembly? I know most of the parts but there's just that tiny spring that I'm not sure where it goes

I could probably manage if I had one side by side for comparison, could anyone take any closeups of the assembly?

This, I can do, though I'm not sure how much of the innards you can make out. If you want any extreme closeups (as long I don't have to take mine apart!), let me know what angle to try and I can give it a shot.

If New Haven is convenient, Mossberg does (or at least used to do) some walk-in service, and I bet you wouldn't be the first one to walk in with this problem...

Attachments

• m500-1.jpg
    m500-1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 19
  • m500-2.jpg
    m500-2.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 15
  • m500-3.jpg
    m500-3.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 16
  • m500-4.jpg
    m500-4.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Thanks! Let me try one more time [smile] It's mainly just the billion different springs that may or may not get bent or twisted that I'm worried about. Thanks for your help [grin]

This, I can do, though I'm not sure how much of the innards you can make out. If you want any extreme closeups (as long I don't have to take mine apart!), let me know what angle to try and I can give it a shot.

If New Haven is convenient, Mossberg does (or at least used to do) some walk-in service, and I bet you wouldn't be the first one to walk in with this problem...

Back
Top Bottom