• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg MVP Patrol in 308....thoughts?

mrmags

Banned
On the way home from work today and stopped by four seasons. Had these in for a good price and grabbed one as i been curiois to these "SCOUT" rifles. Gun is light enough for hunting, nice action, GREAT TRIGGER, but the little UTG scope it comes with is......ehhhhh. Anyone have or has shot this rifle. Lookin to get some info/ opinions from the "BRAIN TRUST" here at NES
THANKS

Have the MVP .308 love it and the price was good. I must have 10 Pmags and a bunch of m1A mags. Mossberg has a great service dept if there's ever a issue. The UTG scope is meh but it works.

On the way home from work today and stopped by four seasons. Had these in for a good price and grabbed one as i been curiois to these "SCOUT" rifles. Gun is light enough for hunting, nice action, GREAT TRIGGER, but the little UTG scope it comes with is......ehhhhh. Anyone have or has shot this rifle. Lookin to get some info/ opinions from the "BRAIN TRUST" here at NES
THANKS

Wow,I have only seen the MVP combo include a Vortex 2-7x scope. Why put a POS scope on a nice rifle?

What's your experience with accuracy in you MVPs? I remember reading they where 2-3 MOA guns when they came out but some are saying they are about an MOA.

And a side note - be careful with steel case (ie Tula) in manual guns. It can stick pretty bad if you don't eject quickly after the shot.

I've gotten 1.5" groups at 100 yards off a bipod. Mine is the MVP Talo so it had a different stock, no iron sights, 18.5" bbl and a 1:9 twist. I was using ZQI 7.62x51and a Surefire procomp brake, LBA trigger set at 3lbs. Also I only ever use brass cases.

Last edited:
I bought one in 5.56. Had a sticky firing pin and was getting duds. I overhauled it and haven't shot it yet.

For lightweight 308, I have a Remington 700 VTR. No mags though, but it's very accurate for hunting and 4 + 1 is sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom