• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg MVP?

Mossberg offers a bolt action rifle chambered in 5.56 that accepts AR magazines. I really like bolt guns over semi-autos and this one seems really interesting. Does anyone have any experience with these?

I can't speak to it firsthand - I've never fired one, or even laid eyes on one, What I can tell you from selling guns is: Mossberg firearms are hit and miss, but their bolt guns seem to be hits - sleepers. Whether Mossberg makes these in house, or contracts them out in Brazil, their 'White Lightning', '4x4', etc rifles are really nice for the money. We were always surprised that their bolt guns got passed by - they seemed like such a great buy, ($379.99 combo). I had the opportunity to help a customer sight one it at my club and it was a super shooter - great trigger, smooth action, great feel and really accurate. I usually advise people that the scopes on combo guns are generally, (with a few exceptions), free. The Mossberg was no different - the scope was functional, but that's about it. The White Lightning stock was decent, but the laminate '4x4' stock was unwieldy, ugly and heavy as a brick. I think if the price is right, you'll be fine. Invest in good glass and you'll be gtg. Mossberg has pretty good customer service, (if this had been a Plinkster question, I'd tell you" RUN) and seem to stand behind their firearms. Word in the industry mags is that it going to be a hit for Mossberg and was written favorably about at SHOT. Good luck and please post range report.

Back
Top Bottom