• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mossberg Shockwave in MA?

If I had to pick one economical firearm, to perch the barrel of on the open window ledge of my car, to discharge out the side with a load of 00 buck, that’d be the one. While stomping on the gas pedal, of course. Maybe a holster over my right shoulder, mounted behind the right side of the driver’s seat.

Yeah…

B49F24FF-BB6A-4A81-A68D-605E6F599FB5.jpeg

I have one, but in AZ it's not a problem to get. Takes a little getting used to firing if you're used to a 12ga shoulder held shotty.
I was able to mount a sidesaddle, and a light mount off the mag tube, and a padded nylon "holster" with a sling for over the shoulder or just to protect it in the truck.
It's an "up close and personal" sort of firearm.

You can find them in MA not so regularly, sometimes even here in the classifieds. When you do they’re usually asking $900.00-1K (because MA).

Dracut on target sell them and have them in stock and they are conservative on what they sell
It will be 18inches though over the 14inch
The "normal" ones can be found used in MA but it would be silly to go down for something questionable with a just a shockwave ( I am not saying its illegal btw )

I had one and it was nice until I used it

Last edited:
Dracut on target sell them and have them in stock and they are conservative on what they sell
It will be 18inches though over the 14inch
The "normal" ones can be found used in MA but it would be silly to go down for something questionable with a just a shockwave

I had one and it was nice until I used it
Yeah, I really want the 14 inch model. No real reason, I just want one. I know it’s only 4 inches, but that’s what she said.

Legal to own, legal to FTF, not legal for dealer to sell (intact) but there are ways.
I was in a gun shop in NH and the dude said he can’t sell to MA residents and as far as he knew they were totally illegal. Knowing what gun shop legal advice is worth, I figured someone here would know.

If you have any tips, feel free to PM. The ones in the classifieds all seem to be the 18” models

I was in a gun shop in NH and the dude said he can’t sell to MA residents and as far as he knew they were totally illegal. Knowing what gun shop legal advice is worth, I figured someone here would know.

EOPS has a scary faggot memo to MA dealers saying "bweah you cant sell this" etc, but they're not statutorily illegal for LTC holders to own or buy.

This memo is because on paper, due to its length, the Shockwave falls under the handgun compliance regs. And it's not on the roster.

Back
Top Bottom