• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mounting suppressor under handguard

Okie doke. So far, 8" CMMG barrel in 300AAC. The suppressor is 9". Id like a handguard that covers the majority of the barrel and suppressor. My question though, is I'm worried about unscrewing the suppressor, the threaded cap on the muzzle stays in place as the body of the suppressor unscrews from it, leaving it behind. On my other suppressed rifles/pistols, this isn't an issue because I have access to the whole suppressor, that if that happens, I can unscrew it from the base.

Is there a fix for this? The suppressor is a form 1 build from quiet bore, the 30 cal upgraded kit.

Any tips or tricks appreciated.

Threaded handguard ?
Don't think that would be too secure? I was thinking a dab of blue lock time or some ratcheting adapter to mount it on. Quiet bores website doesn't have anything that stands out as fitting the bill for such an application. All my others are direct threads and just about live on the host firearm, but still, I wanna take em off time to time to clean them.

Sorry, Ive been hitting the nog since i stumbled into work. You want a handguard that covers most of the supressor yet is easily removable so you can remove the can when you want, correct?

If your not mounting anything on the guard, a threaded one wont need tools. Even a standard handguard is only a couple screws.

OP what mounting system are you using?

if the threads are all the same direction, I’d use small amount of rocksett on the muzzle device and any mounts that might thread into the suppressor body. This is another reason reverse thread mounts (eg OSS) are such a great strategy.

I was looking at a way to prevent the suppressor from unscrewing itself when I remove it from the host. My handguard will cover 90% of the suppressor, so if I were to unscrew the suppressor and the thread cap/base cap, stays on the muzzle while the outer tube unscrews.....

I think I'll use Eddie's #2 and #3 from above.

I was looking at a way to prevent the suppressor from unscrewing itself when I remove it from the host. My handguard will cover 90% of the suppressor, so if I were to unscrew the suppressor and the thread cap/base cap, stays on the muzzle while the outer tube unscrews.....

I think I'll use Eddie's #2 and #3 from above.

To obtain guidance one needs to explain their equipment. forum members do not read your mind or know your equipment. It sounds like youre using a 1-3/8” mount. have you worked with threads before? if one can build an AR upper and employ a barrel nut then none of this is difficult. and If you F it up and the mount unthreads from the suppressor body and ends up stuck under a handguard, well then good it’s a learning experience.

i personally do not use rocksett. I clean up the threads as much as possible and just torque the shit out of the mount and suppressor body. I keep my muzzle devices at about 30 ft-lbs of torque. Nothing has backed off on me yet. However all of this crap is why I have come to prefer direct thread cans on most centerfire rifles.

To obtain guidance one needs to explain their equipment. forum members do not read your mind or know your equipment. It sounds like youre using a 1-3/8” mount. have you worked with threads before? if one can build an AR upper and employ a barrel nut then none of this is difficult. and If you F it up and the mount unthreads from the suppressor body and ends up stuck under a handguard, well then good it’s a learning experience.

i personally do not use rocksett. I clean up the threads as much as possible and just torque the shit out of the mount and suppressor body. I keep my muzzle devices at about 30 ft-lbs of torque. Nothing has backed off on me yet. However all of this crap is why I have come to prefer direct thread cans on most centerfire rifles.
You explained my quandary pretty accurately.

Back
Top Bottom