• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Move notification - Other nonres permits? (CT, PA, NH, etc. )

Thank you C-pher and LenS. I'm not a big poster but I do consider this place a great source of info.
If anyone is interested, I was able to do a little research regarding my out of state lic.(s) This info is accurate as far as I can tell. If I am off base please chime in.
NH
Please forward a letter to NH State Police, Permits and Licensing Unit, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord NH 03305 notifying us of the change of address, including the old and new address. If you would like to receive a license that reflects the new address, enclose a fee of $3.00 made out to State of New Hampshire - Treasurer.
Maine
Send out another application with $2 for the change of address
PA
Not required as per Missy in Firearms Records (she was amused by the Massachusetts laws)
CT -
NOTE: I'm not sure if this applies to just resident permits but they allow you to email it to them.

A person holding a state or local pistol permit is required to notify the issuing authority within two business days of any change of address. Persons holding state pistol permits may contact SLFU at (860) 685-8290 to update their address. The unit is open during normal business hours Monday through Friday of each week. A change of address may also be filed via email [email protected] or by mailing a letter to Department of Public Safety, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, P.O. Box 2794, Middletown, CT.06457. Include your name, permit number, old address and new address..

C+R FFL-03
As a collector you are required to complete all items on ATF Form 5300.38,
except: 4,14,15,16 and 17.

Mail your application to:
ATF
P.O. Box 409567
Atlanta, Georgia 30384-9567

efowke, that is some real good info there that I'm sure can be useful to others. Perhaps Drgrant might move it to a new sticky thread under Gun Laws and title it Moving-Notification for New England & PA Permits <HINT,HINT> [wink]

efowke, that is some real good info there that I'm sure can be useful to others. Perhaps Drgrant might move it to a new sticky thread under Gun Laws and title it Moving-Notification for New England & PA Permits <HINT,HINT> [wink]

Yes, I've done this. Perhaps this can be a catch-all area for move notifications for varying states. IF anyone has info on states not listed here, please publish it.

for Utah:

To make address changes to your concealed weapon permit, e-mail the pertinent information to the Bureau of Criminal Identification at [email protected]. Be sure to include your BRL Number, full name as it appears on the permit, address as it appears on the permit, current phone number, and the new address. You can go to the link below and fill out the form and mail it in if you wish to have a new permit with the updated information on it.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov

This information can be mailed to:

Firearms Section
Bureau of Criminal Identification
3888 W 5400 S
Salt Lake City UT 84114-8280

BCI Firearms Division
3888 West 5400 South
Salt Lake City, Utah 84129
801-965-4445
[email protected]
bci.utah.gov

CT -
NOTE: I'm not sure if this applies to just resident permits but they allow you to email it to them.

A person holding a state or local pistol permit is required to notify the issuing authority within two business days of any change of address. Persons holding state pistol permits may contact SLFU at (860) 685-8290 to update their address. The unit is open during normal business hours Monday through Friday of each week. A change of address may also be filed via email [email protected] or by mailing a letter to Department of Public Safety, Special Licensing and Firearms Unit, P.O. Box 2794, Middletown, CT.06457. Include your name, permit number, old address and new address..

The Connecticut change of address notification requirement is applicable to anybody who holds a Connecticut pistol permit (or ammunition certificate, or eligibility certificate). Failing to notify DESPP within the required time frame can be prosecuted as a felony.

When you change your address, at least by phone, you will be directed to put self address label on the reverse of the permit reflecting your new address.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom