Move the hell over

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I swear the size of your truck has an inverse relationship with your intelligence, and an exponential effect on your ego.
If your dumb, easily offended ass is camping the left lane like you’re f***ing waiting for the next 5.11 grand opening, and people are coming up behind you, maybe don’t take it as a f***ing personal affront to your fat whale of a mother, and just move the f*** over for five seconds. Because that’s better for everyone instead of brake checking, boxing people in around other cars, or finally finding the gas pedal when they go to pass you.
Maybe you’re new to driving in this post-Wuhan world, but 90 is kind of the new normal. If you can’t afford to pay the gas in your v8 to maintain that speed, maybe you should be pacing yourself in the other lanes. I apologize for not kissing your feet in my little car and deferring to your slow ass.
I hope you get a flock of robins taking up a territorial dispute on your windows for the next year you schmuck.

Last edited:

Quite_Exasperated

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A view from the other side...you little cars ride my ass and because you can’t see around me assume I am blocking traffic or that the extra car length or two I leave in front of me is somehow preventing you from getting where you want to go. The reality is I have to leave a few extra car lengths for when you pass me on the right and then swerve in front of me. My vehicle, weighing 4000 pounds MORE than yours, requires a little extra room to stop. If I can’t move at the speed of traffic, I move over to be considerate. Can you be considerate of me when I’m towing 10,000 pounds and not pull out right in front of me because you can’t wait 30 seconds? We can all get along.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
PREACH!!! Lane hogs are my biggest pet peeve.

...or finally finding the gas pedal when they go to pass you.
This is why I like having a fast car [laugh]

A view from the other side...you little cars ride my ass and because you can’t see around me assume I am blocking traffic...
I don't have to see over your truck to know that there's no one in front of you for half a mile.

DarthRevan

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A view from the other side...you little cars ride my ass and because you can’t see around me assume I am blocking traffic or that the extra car length or two I leave in front of me is somehow preventing you from getting where you want to go. The reality is I have to leave a few extra car lengths for when you pass me on the right and then swerve in front of me. My vehicle, weighing 4000 pounds MORE than yours, requires a little extra room to stop. If I can’t move at the speed of traffic, I move over to be considerate. Can you be considerate of me when I’m towing 10,000 pounds and not pull out right in front of me because you can’t wait 30 seconds? We can all get along.
That’s a different situation and I get your point. There was no one in front of him in the left lane so he was just being a douche.
I think you need to buy a truck. :D
I would certainly fit better in one.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear the size of your truck has an inverse relationship with your intelligence, and an exponential effect on your ego.
If your dumb, easily offended ass is camping the left lane like you’re f***ing waiting for the next 5.11 grand opening,
I drive a small truck with a (very stinky) 5.11 RUSH12 pack behind me in the cab. Does that count? [grin]

Tooth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My 2 cents. If someone is riding your ass in the passing lane they are one of the following:
1, Late
2, An ass
3, may have an emergency to go to
4, high, or drunk

In any of those cases why wouldn't you just get the F out of the way. I admittedly drive too fast, but when someone is flying up behind me it's usually because I'm not in a big rush. So, I get out of the way. I don't take it personally, but probably because more often than not I'm the a-hole. :eek:

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Who here remembers the Top Gear episode where Jeremy recalled the passing of his father? He got a call that his father was basically about to go any minute, got into a press Porsche, and drove at 160mph or something along those lines for like two hours - he got to the hospital just in time to say goodbye to his dad. So yeah, you have no idea why someone's driving fast - just let em go, don't try to be a self-righteous traffic cop.

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 cents. If someone is riding your ass in the passing lane they are one of the following:
1, Late
2, An ass
4, high, or drunk

In any of those cases why wouldn't you just get the F out of the way. I admittedly drive too fast, but when someone is flying up behind me it's usually because I'm not in a big rush. So, I get out of the way. I don't take it personally, but probably because more often than not I'm the a-hole. :eek:
(Guro) Ron Kosakowski's thoughts: "Maybe he has to take a shit."

swatgig

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
If your dumb, easily offended ass is camping the left lane like you’re f***ing waiting for the next 5.11 grand opening, and people are coming up behind you, maybe don’t take it as a f***ing personal affront to your fat whale of a mother, and just move the f*** over for five seconds. Because that’s better for everyone instead of brake checking, boxing people in around other cars, or finally finding the gas pedal when they go to pass you.
Maybe you’re new to driving in this post-Wuhan world, but 90 is kind of the new normal. If you can’t afford to pay the gas in your v8 to maintain that speed, maybe you should be pacing yourself in the other lanes. I apologize for not kissing your feet in my little car and deferring to your slow ass.
I hope you get a flock of robins taking up a territorial dispute on your windows for the next year you schmuck.
Objective achieved

Choctaw

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought the thread title was going to be about people who take their half out of the middle of a narrow two lane road. My morning commute is all narrow back roads without center lines,very few traffic signs, and road intersections that look like a chicken's foot. A lot of the vehicles that won't stay on their side are shiny new trucks. I think they are afraid of swiping a bush or something. I have had my F150 for 23 years. She doesn't ask for any quarter and has never let me down.

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I agree with you about moving over. I don't think the truck has anything to do with it. I drive a big ass truck also have a heavy foot.
I find I see way more CRVs and Rav4s camped out than anything else. I also found they tend to move over faster when they look in their rearview mirror and they see a bow-tie a foot off their rear window.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love this. If the OP didnt mention "TRUCK" you would all be b*tching about people driving slow on the left lane.

But, the word TRUCK was mentioned, so now all the truck owners come out to defend it.

Is this an out yourself thread for slow, left lane truck drivers?

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
1, Late
2, An ass
4, high, or drunk

5. You are driving too slow (most cases).

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This rates at least a 7. Hell, I'll give it a solid 8. It has a good beat and I can dance to it.

But yeah, people are d-words on the roads these days. I'm actually driving SLOWER just to keep away from them. Instead of traffic running at 65-70 and me passing them, I'm driving 70-75 and staying as far RIGHT as possible. Only having to move out to get around Nervous Nancy who hasn't driven on the highway since the Eisenhower System was created.

I had 3 "ricers" come up behind me a few weekends ago on 495. I was doing a good clip just as it goes from 2 to 3 lanes in Middleboro. Moved to middle as I saw this trio coming up F-A-S-T. Definitely 90 in the 65.

First car was fart-canned to the max. I guess you either are deaf or wear ear muffs driving that thing. And he had those diagonal "my axle's about to break" mounts front and back. It makes such a small car look like a fat lady in an old resin chair.

Second car was slightly less ricer'd. Fartcan. Debadged. Not much else.

Third car. The THIRD car was a 2000-2010 Corolla. Debadged. Beat too hell. No panel the same color as original. Just a beat-on old Corolla.

LIFTED!

Yep. That thing was higher than a Jeep.

The best part - I maintained speed. In the next 5 miles of highway, they never got more than a 1/4 ahead of me. Always moving in and out into hte left lanes like they were at Le Mans or something. But never going the breakneck speed they were doing when they first came up on me.

Clearly they had more money than driving ability.

Top Bottom