• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moved from Lowell --> Dracut, now moving again in Dracut???

Happy thanks giving everyone...

I did a search and found nothing that applied to my exact situation.

I moved out of lowell to dracut early this summer, and at that time I notified Chelsea, Lowell and Dracut. Now I've moved again to a new address in Dracut. Do I still need to notify Lowell??? As the instructions read...

(I) Firearms Record Bureau
(II) PD that issued your license ...Lowell
(III) PD in town that your moving too ... Dracut ->Dracut

Thanks in advanced. Everyone enjoy the holiday! GO PATS!

You've got it exactly right. You notify Lowell because they issued the license and Dracut because that's where you're moving to. If you were moving to another town, say Tyngsborough, then you'd notify Lowell (the issuing town) and Tyngsborough (your new residence) but not Dracut (your current residence). And regardless of the situation, you also notify the FRB.

Ken

Last edited:
You've got it exactly right. You notify Lowell because they issued the license and Dracut because that's where you're moving to. If you were moving to another town, say Tyngsborough, then you'd notify Lowell (the issuing town) and Tyngsborough (your new residence) but not Dracut (your current residence).

Ken

Ken, don't forget FRB too.

Didn't forget. The question was about what towns should be notified. OTOH, the ability of some people to draw incorrect information from the most basic statements should never be underestimated, so I went back and edited it.

Ken

Back
Top Bottom