Moving during renewal year.

Hey all, my renewal is up in September of this year. We are beginning the process of putting our house up on the market. I'm hoping it will sell quickly within a few months. I'm not sure if we will be able to find a new house in that time frame.

My LTC Renewal is less than 6 months away. What happens if I begin my renewal process now and move within that 6 month window to a different town and address? What happens if we cannot find a permanent address between the time we sell the house and the renewal is out being processed?

I'm thinking of delaying the renewal of my LTC until maybe June or July and see if we can get into a new house before then. Then start the renewal process after doing the whole Address Change form to the new town cop, original licensing authority and cjis.

If your house is reasonable at all it will sell quicker than you think

It's reasonable by my standards lol. Quite honestly I think it'll sell quickly and so does the realtor. The problem is finding a new place without getting into a bidding war. That's where my concern is for the LTC renewal. If we sell this house but don't find a new house until let's say July then that could be an issue? Realtor is saying a 2 month waiver for me to find a house after it's sold but after that I'd have to move in with the folks or a hotel until I find a house.

It's reasonable by my standards lol. Quite honestly I think it'll sell quickly and so does the realtor. The problem is finding a new place without getting into a bidding war. That's where my concern is for the LTC renewal. If we sell this house but don't find a new house until let's say July then that could be an issue? Realtor is saying a 2 month waiver for me to find a house after it's sold but after that I'd have to move in with the folks or a hotel until I find a house.
In this market expect sooner. In my experience

all depends on where you plan on moving to. If its a town that is hard to get ltc's in or a city like boston or worcester, renew now while u still can without getting stuck with a restricted license or going through all kinds of bullshit. It will at least buy you a few years until you have to renew again. If it's a green town then it doesn't really matter at all.

So house is being listed tomorrow. I'm hopeful it will sell quickly, at least have some offers by the weekend. The problem is with us finding a house.

We are going to put subject to sellers (us) finding suitable housing within 2 months. Assuming we do not find a house in 2 month, what happens with my LTC? There is a chance we would need to move into our parents house (they have their LTC's) which is going to involve a change of address. There is a chance we don't find a house for longer than 2 months. My renewal is due in Sept.

So house is being listed tomorrow. ... There is a chance we would need to move into our parents house (they have their LTC's) which is going to involve a change of address. ... My renewal is due in Sept.
• If you are still a Mass resident at the time when it is prudent/permitted to apply for renewal,​
apply for renewal.​
• Every time you change your address,​
follow the process for notifying FRB and the issuing town (and the new town) of your new address.​

Back
Top Bottom