Moving from out of state question

Cluster F

USMC Veteran
NES Member
So I'm having a conversation with a friend who moved here with some out of state firearms. He is wondering around about the laws surrounding bringing his firearms in after he has his LTC and stuff

So I'm having a conversation with a friend who moved here with some out of state firearms. He is wondering around about the laws surrounding bringing his firearms in after he has his LTC and stuff

He has 60 days from the day he moved in to obtain his LTC/FID. If he hasn't already taken the required safety class and applied then he needs to do it right now and keep all his guns locked up in accordance with MA law until he gets it.

In before the MA bashing... stay in a free state... move to a free state, etc.

He has 60 days from the day he moved in to obtain his LTC/FID. If he hasn't already taken the required safety class and applied then he needs to do it right now and keep all his guns locked up in accordance with MA law until he gets it.

Plus, he/she is not required to register them (aka an FA-10).

If your friend is up for it, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in a few off list firearms that he/she could turn a quick profit on (no post Sept 94 semi-auto rifles, unless they've been neutered, or magazines). [smile]

Cluster - did he bring them in with him?

If so, he needs to get his LTC asap. I moved here with all my firearms. I went to the PD the day of my closing with my HUD closing form to show proof of residence and made an appt. I made it clear to them that I had moved with my firearms and had 60 days to get an LTC. My PD delivered my LTC to me 41 days after I came in to make the appt.

If he didn't move his gun with him, he needs to get a LTC and then he can bring them in.

Since he didn't bring them in when he moved here, he needs to eFA10 them all.
Since I brought them when I moved, I didn't need to FA10 any of them.

Don

Back
Top Bottom