• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving out of MA - Change of Address (yes, another thread about that...)

i'm as innocent as a new born and as dumb as a sack of stones. i just moved, didn't say a word to anyone. had 2 years to go on my ma ltc. at the 1 1/2 year mark, i called back to the issuing department and told them something like "hey, my ltc expires in 6 months and i don't live in the state. i'm coming back at xmas to see my mom. can i renew then?" she said "why are you living out of state?" i said "i moved out with my company." "oh! like a temp assignment?" i answered "sure, that works." she goes "come in and see me in december when your here, you can renew then. your using the same address that's on the ltc now?" "yep, my mom lives there now." woman says "good, she'll mail it to you?" "yep". moral is when i didn't like it where i was i moved back a year later and i was current. yes it is true, ignorance is bliss. [hmmm]

NEVER turn in your LTC when moving. It is proof-positive for your "get out of jail free" status if ever caught in MA with a spent shell casing or gun. And yes, MA DAs will try to prosecute you for possession without a license, so the burden is on you/your attorney to nullify the charges.

When moving out of state, notify the Issuing Authority who issued your LTC and FRB by Certified Mail (only per MGL), not where you moved to. Anyone in LE can find your current address by a simple computer query, so trying to hide it is useless. I'd let them know where you moved to, as it is of no risk to you once you are no longer a resident. If you are a MSP BFS/LEOSA instructor, MA requires that you maintain a NR LTC if you want to certify people who may need a NR LTC.
So if you want to hit your range in MA after moving to NH, you have to notify and get the non-resident?

Sure would be convenient to be able to use the resident LTC for a few years. I guess NH plates and drivers lic would be pretty big giveaway you moved.

When Imoved in the republik my license was up for renewal, I notified the f*ck tards I was moving and notified the dip sh*ts at the town I was moving to. I went to pic up my license and the safety officer got in my face about notification. Needles to say I had copies of the letter and USPS certified letter receipts. Basically told them to pay attention and stop being gestapo ass holes Fu8king assachusetts don't miss it. Tell them nothing GFYS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom