Moving to MA in about a year from FL

Still unexpired, and I notified. I got no response, so I’m at least assuming it’s valid. I’ve had no notification otherwise:) I moved away 3ish years ago, and mine is apparently good until 2026. I’ll figure it out when I move back, I’ll notify of another address change and then apply for renewal. If there’s any problems, hopefully we will sort it out.
You can validate your license here: https://mircs.chs.state.ma.us/fa10/...nitLicenseValidation&page=1&bod=1717702582424

Might be worth a shot. Pow-pow!

The only thing that my to the left of Bernie Sanders sister hates about FL is the Governor. Despite that, she and my BIL own a condo and spend about half the year down there. She also hates OUR Governor, but it's a question of mind over matter. I don't mind him at all and her opinion doesn't matter.

From what you say Florida is not a very nice place. That may be so but moving from one lousy state to another lousy state is not a good plan.

The only thing that my to the left of Bernie Sanders sister hates about FL is the Governor. Despite that, she and my BIL own a condo and spend about half the year down there. She also hates OUR Governor, but it's a question of mind over matter. I don't mind him at all and her opinion doesn't matter.
Florida s*cks a**.

Unless you own a boat, or are into some sort of ocean related sport, it s*cks a**. Gun ranges south of Tampa are a joke. The nice range near Tampa with over 1K yards just closed because it was on leased land. Lame AF

I can't speak for anything north of Tampa.

When I was still working I couldn't depend on a plow guy who might better deal his residential customers for a commercial job. After I retired, it was just habit although I didn't have to get up early to clear the driveway. Fortunately, if there was enough to clear my wife probably didn't have to go in to school.

We had town trash pick up and a limited open only on Saturday transfer station.

We just pay for someone to plow us out. Same with trash pick up. f*** transfer stations lol

Welcome [thumbsup]

As bad as this state has gotten, alot of the day to day liberal moonbatness can be ignored. For guns, learn what’s actually restricted vs fake list/ban nonsense.

Grab a decent place in a nice suburb within 30 min of Boston and you can make life pretty good by MA standards. Just avoid talking politics at work and tell neighborhood Karens to go f*** themselves if they poke their nose in your business.

p.s. Budget for an abrams tank to get you through these Gaza equivalent roads.

"Great schools, great place to raise a family". Huh? The schools are trash unless you like your kids being force fed leftist propaganda every day. And it's a terrible place to raise a family. High property taxes, high cost of living, postage stamp lots, overpriced houses, inspection stickers, trash everywhere, big government, hard leftist state with 0% chance of changing, illegals everywhere, drugs everywhere, overpopulated, etc. Also, it's rather boring here unless you're a chain restaurant/spectator sportsball/hide in house kinda guy, there are no real mountains, the ocean it does have is meh, can't ride dirt anywhere anymore really unless you live in western Mass, which no one does, gun rights don't exist... that said, I can see why a mindless normie would like it here. Beta cuck paradise.

All snarky comments aside, if all of the things you mentioned about MA are things that you value and make you happy, that is great. That’s the place for you. Lots of us are saying hell no don’t do it under any circumstance because we don’t like those things. And we hate just about everything to do with MA. The gun thing is just a piece of that. I still would have left MA even if it was gun friendly.

But the truth is, there’s a place for everyone. And just because that’s not the place for me or many of us, doesn’t mean it may not be perfect for you. And on that account I wish you the best of luck and happiness there. And I also hope you can manage a way to have your firearms rights to some extent while you live there too.

As others have mentioned, see if you can find things like preban magazines for cheap where you are now and then take them with you. If you can find people that have old mags and you tell them you’re willing to replace them with brand new ones plus a few bucks or a case of beer, that might work. And that’s a hell of a lot better deal for you than you will find if you try to buy them once you’ve already moved to MA.
hell yeah!! Thank you very much. I’ll definitely take a look and try and grab as many as I can. South Florida gun shops are lacking, I think I’ll wait for a gun show to hopefully find some good stuff.

And yeah, it makes me sad to see everyone hate it so much, and to see what Massachusetts is turning into. Unfortunately I think the universities will keep it liberal forever.

Maybe everything west of Framingham can secede into its own state.

Don’t listen to the hate. I live in Hamilton/Wenham and it’s the perfect place if you have kids. I know more than one family that had enough of MA bullshit, moved to southern NH, and moved back less than a year later. Guns aren’t everything, and I (and most people here) have the guns we want to have.

Are there any decent and affordable communities within 30 minutes of Boston that aren't "MBTA Communities."

Welcome [thumbsup]

As bad as this state has gotten, alot of the day to day liberal moonbatness can be ignored. For guns, learn what’s actually restricted vs fake list/ban nonsense.

Grab a decent place in a nice suburb within 30 min of Boston and you can make life pretty good by MA standards. Just avoid talking politics at work and tell neighborhood Karens to go f*** themselves if they poke their nose in your business.

p.s. Budget for an abrams tank to get you through these Gaza equivalent roads.

Are there any decent and affordable communities within 30 minutes of Boston that aren't "MBTA Communities."

IMO, no, which is sad. But I bet he already knows that if he’s dead set on living here.

An affluent town around here will at least give your kids a solid college-prep level education without having to shell out for private school, a safe neighborhood, and a safe bet in terms of home equity.

Off the top of my head, affluent towns with good school systems include, but are not limited to, Canton, Easton, Sharon, Newton, Scituate, Duxbury, Wellesley, Needham, Cambridge, Weston, Lexington, and Winchester. I'm not as familiar with the north suburbs, so it's likely that I missed a few. At least from the south of Boston none of those are a 30 minute commute during normal business hours.

When I worked the night shift, Stoughton to Downtown (International Place) was about a 25 minute ride as long as there was no construction. Stoughton to Warren Ave Roxbury was about the same. During the winter is was usually more if there was snow or ice on the ground. Cambridge is probably the shortest commute most days. If you change 30 minutes to 60, the equation changes, but even then somedays some of those places are 90 minutes away.

Afternoons are a lot worse in my experience.

Of course Boston itself has some affluent areas, but then you have to give serious consideration to private schools.

Since he lived some time in MA, the OP probably has a good idea of what he's dealing with.

IMO, no, which is sad. But I bet he already knows that if he’s dead set on living here.

An affluent town around here will at least give your kids a solid college-prep level education without having to shell out for private school, a safe neighborhood, and a safe bet in terms of home equity.

Florida s*cks a**.

Unless you own a boat, or are into some sort of ocean related sport, it s*cks a**. Gun ranges south of Tampa are a joke. The nice range near Tampa with over 1K yards just closed because it was on leased land. Lame AF

There's a mile range near Naples. Which is south of Tampa.

Plenty of decent.
None "affordable".

Although that depends on your definition of "affordable".

If "affordable" to you is paying $700-850K for a home, then there are quite a few. If you are looking at $500K tops, and not a sh*t hole house that requires $200K in repairs, you are out of luck. You might be able to find a condo for $400-450, but that probably has a $600 HOA fee. There is a condo in Dedham near my place selling for $470 with an HOA of $1K. If I put $250K, I am still looking st a $2K mortgage + $1K HOA. Stupid!!!

There's a mile range near Naples. Which is south of Tampa.
Didn't you talk sh*t about that range a while back? ... it has been through like 3 or 4 owners or something like that?

The problem in FL is you are one good offer, or one owner dying, away from the place shutting down.

We can hate on MA, but gun ranges here are amazing.

Florida s*cks a**.

Redneck Riviera is nice if you're a southerner or good with southern culture. Actually a lot of tourists from the midwest come there so they don't have to deal with the east coast @ssholes in the other parts of Florida. But yeah- you need a boat / watercraft or like the beach.

images

Didn't you talk sh*t about that range a while back? ... it has been through like 3 or 4 owners or something like that?

The problem in FL is you are one good offer, or one owner dying, away from the place shutting down.

We can hate on MA, but gun ranges here are amazing.
Just because I said it's gone through 4 owners in as many years doesn't mean it doesn't exist still.

The newest owner has been putting a lot of investments into the place so it's looking stable

Redneck Riviera is nice if you're a southerner or good with southern culture. Actually a lot of tourists from the midwest come there so they don't have to deal with the east coast @ssholes in the other parts of Florida. But yeah- you need a boat / watercraft or like the beach.

images
That is up north. I can't speak for that part of FL. It is a big State and I haven't been everywhere.

If you draw a line across Orlando, I have been almost everywhere south of it, both East and West Coast.

But I haven't been north.

Just because I said it's gone through 4 owners in as many years doesn't mean it doesn't exist still.

The newest owner has been putting a lot of investments into the place so it's looking stable
No, but it means it could dissappear any day because it is private.

Back
Top Bottom