Moving to Maine, What would be your first firearm purchase and why please?

Hey everyone, Well im making the big move up north to Maine and Im set on purchasing an nice AR15 rifle with some goodies on it. This got me thinking, what else should i look out for up there that i couldn't buy in Mass?

You’re going to want to go to your LGS and buy a lightly used Taurus Judge. Maybe grab an HK MP5 clone. And perhaps even something belt-fed! That will satisfy the itch until you decide to buy a Draco or something else exotic.

Edit, reasons: The Judge because you’ll be the man. The MP5 clone because it’ll save you money versus buying a real MP5. And the belt-fed mystery gun of your choice because it’s badass.

Actually the more important thing is you go to a store that sells suppressors and get the paperwork started and buy as many as you can afford.... everything else honestly you already should have had before moving, as there is almost nothing you couldn't have already bought/built in mass. I realize that the deli ticket emporium has lots of propaganda about how you can't buy this or that but there were always many more places to go to...

Actually the more important thing is you go to a store that sells suppressors and get the paperwork started and buy as many as you can afford.... everything else honestly you already should have had before moving, as there is almost nothing you couldn't have already bought/built in mass. I realize that the deli ticket emporium has lots of propaganda about how you can't buy this or that but there were always many more places to go to...
I stay the hell away from that deli, plus nitrates are really bad for u😂👍🏻🇺🇸

This. Form 4s out the wazoo.

After that, I'd take what I have left and buy some decent stocks and trash the Magpul fixed carbine stocks.

my first big purchase after moving to maine was a can and a host with a threaded bbl.
i do sometimes worry about the recent political direction of the state but after doing some reading it seems that maine likes its political pendulums. maybe @PatMcD can confirm/deny that....
i am glad i escaped mass but the town i escaped to may as well be in mass with all the other ma**h***s who brought their liberal wants and wishes with them.
at the end of the day i still feel like my vote actually counts here and walking into ktp with no restrictions on what i can buy is a good feeling.

cheytac intervention

then buy up tons of land in one of those towns with a number instead of a name and make your own sick shooting range so you can re-enact the beginning of the shooter where the guys plinking at cans in montana

God...I'd have to constantly remind myself that I've been told drum mags are a pain to reload if moving to a free state.

Realistically, I think @drgrant is on to something about getting the timeline started on a can. Then I'd go nuts on standard cap mags for all my existing guns. And if there's any left over money from there (ie. how's your credit for a loan? lol), maybe an Aug? Sure, you can score those in MA, but at MA prices. Wonder if a free state has more reasonable figures on those. I mean, I'm sure they're still priced as exotics, but none of that "pre-ban" nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom