• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving to Maine, What would be your first firearm purchase and why please?

You must be joking right. Glocks are not illegal in MA.
Try getting a new one from a MA FFL without a badge and police ID. NH and ME FFL dealers will not sell new Glocks to MA residents because they cannot transfer them into the state. I believe the older ones are all they can transfer to civilians.

As several have said, suppressors for your favorite rifles and pistols. Also, since Windham Weaponry is now in your backyard (Windham, ME), you are only limited by your budget! They make some of the best AR's around.

one of those scary black machine guns with the banana "clips" menacingly hanging down for under $2,200-you know, the ones that guy, Maura Healy, banned.

Try getting a new one from a MA FFL without a badge and police ID. NH and ME FFL dealers will not sell new Glocks to MA residents because they cannot transfer them into the state. I believe the older ones are all they can transfer to civilians.
Your beliefs are factually incorrect.

You've been on this site long enough, there's no reason you haven't cottoned on to the fact that there are 50+ FFLs in Littleton alone that can help you buy anything that's legal to own in the Commonwealth. If someone can't get their hands on something it's entirely a failure on their part for not wanting to do the work.

Your beliefs are factually incorrect.

You've been on this site long enough, there's no reason you haven't cottoned on to the fact that there are 50+ FFLs in Littleton alone that can help you buy anything that's legal to own in the Commonwealth. If someone can't get their hands on something it's entirely a failure on their part for not wanting to do the work.
Any FFL who wants to defy AG Maura can do so at their own risk. New Glocks are LE only. Badge, police ID and department paperwork signed by the chief are the rules for sale. Carl at 4 Seasons told my neighbor that. He does have some really old Glocks for sale in the "used" section.

Any FFL who wants to defy AG Maura can do so at their own risk. New Glocks are LE only. Badge, police ID and department paperwork signed by the chief are the rules for sale. Carl at 4 Seasons told my neighbor that. He does have some really old Glocks for sale in the "used" section.
Carl has told people any number of things than are more conservative than the law demands, like FA-10ing stripped lowers as rifles with 0" barrels.

Carl has told people any number of things than are more conservative than the law demands, like FA-10ing stripped lowers as rifles with 0" barrels.
True, but he is honest that he is "playing is safe" ... he doesn't lay any bullshit about the law requiring it.

True, but he is honest that he is "playing is safe" ... he doesn't lay any bullshit about the law requiring it.
Agreed.
Don't let my statement be taken as saying he is in any way doing a bad thing, or otherwise hurting his customers.
All I'm saying is that his safe route is not factually the legal limit. There are other dealers who are willing to accept "more risk" while staying within the confines of the law.

I was denied the sale of one because I have an MA phone number. (even though I was a resident of ME for almost a year at that time. )

Back
Top Bottom