Moving to NY from MA

Vic

Hi all,

I am moving to NY(Manhattan) in two weeks, not sure when I am moving back to Mass, but most likely not soon. I own an AK here in Mass and after making a few calls and looking online it does not seems like I will be able to transfer it. Do you guys know of any options on how I can store it here in MA?

Thank you,
Vik

Like I always say, gun control is unenforceable unless you commit a crime. Just bring the AK with you. As long as you don't rob a bank with it no one's gonna know.

Like I always say, gun control is unenforceable unless you commit a crime. Just bring the AK with you. As long as you don't rob a bank with it no one's gonna know.

Has to be the worst internet legal advise that I have heard in long time. I have two neighbors who would be more than happy to explain how bad shit happens - fast. One's house was robbed, during the police investigation they found a legally owned, but "improperly secured" handgun; the other was the recipient of an unscheduled "safety check" due to a report from a concerned citizen, which also resulted in discovery of a legally owned, but "improperly secured" shotgun. I assure neither enjoyed the experience.

These were in MA, and this advise is offered for bringing an "assault" weapon, illegally, into NYC? Ground zero for no knock warrants, stop and frisk and all things unconstitutional? You would become Bloomberg's poster child for evil in a heartbeat.

Bye the way, WTF are you thinking moving to NYC?

Last edited:

[banghead]

How can you legally keep it in MA without an active LTC? Transfer it to a properly-licensed friend to hold it for you or sell it.

Last edited:
Has to be the worst internet legal advise that I have heard in long time. I have two neighbors who would be more than happy to explain how bad shit happens - fast. One's house was robbed, during the police investigation they found a legally owned, but "improperly secured" handgun; the other was the recipient of an unscheduled "safety check" due to a report from a concerned citizen, which also resulted in discovery of a legally owned, but "improperly secured" shotgun. I assure neither enjoyed the experience.

These were in MA, and this advise is offered for bringing an "assault" weapon, illegally, into NYC? Ground zero for no knock warrants, stop and frisk and all things unconstitutional? You would become Bloomberg's poster child for evil in a heartbeat.

Bye the way, WTF are you thinking moving to NYC?

+1.

I would also imagine that a structure fire could also get you into hot water. Too many things could get you into trouble. IMHO sell it.

Back
Top Bottom