• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Moving With Non-Resident LTC Renewal

JAD

Right now, I am a Connecticut resident with Mass. NR LTC-A (in addition to my Connecticut permit and whatever other non-resident permits that I have from various states). There is a very real possibility that I may be relocating to New Hampshire in the near future (though whether or not that happens and what the timeline will look like will likely be dictated by employment prospects and HR procedures).

I'm not sure what the timeframe will be on my MA license renewal this year, especially with the COVID-19 situation, though this is a mail in renewal year for me (no visit to Chelsea).

If everything works out, and I accept the position, and move, before my renewal is processed does anybody know if FRB has a process for handling that- i.e. would I be able to simply send them an amendment of some sort and a copy of a New Hampshire resident license or would I need to withdraw the previous renewal license application and then re-apply as an NH resident? Is it possible to amend the reasons for seeking a non-resident license if my circumstances were to significantly change?

If my renewal is processed before any move, will the short period of time between moving into NH and the issuance of a NH resident permit cause my Mass. NR LTC to become algorithmicly invalid/ revoked? Obviously, I would complete the change of address process within the statutory time window with the requisite certified letters.Would I need to send them proof of getting a NH resident license. Does FRB consider requests to change restrictions (i.e. from a custom restriction to NONE) based on change in circumstance within the validity period of an issued license?

I'd recommend that you make a phone call to FRB when this looks imminent.

Having never fielded a simillar question, I can only go by what I think will likely happen.

Normally LTCs are valid until they expire, when a MA resident notifies of a change of address, FRB refuses to replace it with a corrected LTC. So my best guess is that once they issue the LTC, they will change things in their database but not replace it. FRB has been similarly stingy if they lift the restriction, they won't replace it then either.

I'd recommend that you make a phone call to FRB when this looks imminent.

Having never fielded a simillar question, I can only go by what I think will likely happen.

Normally LTCs are valid until they expire, when a MA resident notifies of a change of address, FRB refuses to replace it with a corrected LTC. So my best guess is that once they issue the LTC, they will change things in their database but not replace it. FRB has been similarly stingy if they lift the restriction, they won't replace it then either.
I have sent an email to FRB recently to check on the status of my renewal, which is still pending. I decided to throw in a question about this issue. The response indicated that it would be necessary to wait until the next renewal to request the change, which is unfortunate.

Back
Top Bottom