MSP MIA?

As a "Reasonable" Driver I try to stay at 10 MPH over the Limit or less.

Maybe I have just forgot how it was before COVID but it seems to me like there are a lot more "Crazy" drivers out there than before the pandemic.

On a half hour drive I would estmate at least one driver every minute who is doing 80+ MPH in a 55 Zone and also weaving in an out of traffic to reach the next exit before the car in front of him.

Are the MSP under a mandate to remain in the intesecton clover leaves while this happends? Is this some sort of MSP job action? Have not seen a moving violater ticked in over a year?

Yesterday just after leaving my house I had a nieghbor run two stop signs just to get into a 25 car line at Dunkin Doughnuts. (Gives new meaning to DoughNuts).
I guess you don’t remember last year, say May. I used to drive up Rt 95 N every week. It was a free for all. It wasn’t surprising to see people going 90+ on a regular basis.
The roads were empty and this brought out the maniacs.

I knew a chick exactly like that. In the left lane, line of traffic behind her. I would tell her to speed up or get the F*ck out of the way. She would respond back, "I'm going fast enough, they don't need to go faster".
Name, DOB, Address, Make and model, registration please

I am also annoyed by those doing 80 in a 55 zone because many of them sit in the left lane blocking me from going faster.
A man after my own heart!! I’m the guy who moves over long before you and let’s you lead for a spell but don’t be no kitty cat. Stuff that left headlight into the drivers side mirror on slow poke.

Revenue rhetoric towns = 5 over, tops
Normal towns = 10 over tops
Big dump cities = nobody cares unless you're in a school zone
When I was a little kid my mom got jammed up for doing 35 in a school zone in Medway. She smiled and accepted the ticket and told me that I was going to learn a lesson. She drove us to the police station and asked to speak with the chief, when he came out she proceeded to tear up the ticket and said that he needed to talk with the cops because she would never speed. I felt like crawling under a chair but the chief agreed to drop the ticket. She left after she told the chief to remember who they worked for. I guess she would have been the original "Karen ".

wife and i just watched 'unhinged' yesterday, it was actually surprisingly good. and almost right on the thread`s topic. :)

When I'm 90 and getting ready to "check out" my bucket list is to buy a truck with a plow and go out aiming to ram some SOB camping in the fast lane. I dream of it often! ;)

I've been driving slow in the middle lane recently, ~80 coming out of Boston on 93 and ~90 going south on 95 to 495. Gotta keep a slower pace now that I'm getting older. And to the OP: If you're the kind of person that does the speed limit anywhere but the right lane I want you to know you're going to cause an accident one day and maybe even hurt someone. It's not worth it to drive like such a pussy.

I am also annoyed by those doing 80 in a 55 zone because many of them sit in the left lane blocking me from going faster.

You're lucky if they go 80.... [rofl] Most of the worst campers are barely greater than the speed limit.

You can always tell who is using Waze, because theres always a group of us from the 3-4 lanes that will move right and slow down as soon as I see the alert pop up on my screen.
I need to get out more.

You're lucky if they go 80.... [rofl] Most of the worst campers are barely greater than the speed limit.
I think he was yoking...

If you are interested, I can give you my buddy's address. Because she is all his now. She is still nuts, god bless him.

I would have secretly paid the bill and ducked out of the restaurant and gotten a cab or something.

"Where are you????!!!!!"
"Camping, is for the forest. Not the left lane. [rofl]

I would have secretly paid the bill and ducked out of the restaurant and gotten a cab or something.

"Where are you????!!!!!"
"Camping, is for the forest. Not the left lane. [rofl]
You guys are bringing up fond memories. I actually left her at the Atlanta airport on our way back from a trip. I changed my ticket without telling her. She boarded the plane, I said I forgot something and told her I will be right back. Then we went our separate ways. Her back to Boston, and I headed to Vegas to clear my head for a few days.

When I got home, she was sitting in her car, in my driveway. Called my buddy to help me get rid of her. They have been together ever since.

Rather than focussing on a crackdown on speeders, I'd rather see a police crackdown on the now large number of jeeps, pickups, and suv's driving around with over-width tires that project out (I've seen tires extending out at as much as 4") beyond the vehicles' bodywork.

I believe Kentucky is the only state that allows this. It is illegal in the other 49 states. Maybe someone here can clue me in to the benefit/attraction of this setup. There is good reason why open-wheeled vehicles are not allowed for use on public streets and highways.

Rather than focussing on a crackdown on speeders, I'd rather see a police crackdown on the now large number of jeeps, pickups, and suv's driving around with over-width tires that project out (I've seen tires extending out at as much as 4") beyond the vehicles' bodywork.

I believe Kentucky is the only state that allows this. It is illegal in the other 49 states. Maybe someone here can clue me in to the benefit/attraction of this setup. There is good reason why open-wheeled vehicles are not allowed for use on public streets and highways.
Now you are just pushing buttons! These jeep people take off the doors, you know, the thingys where the side mirrors are mounted to. Then they tow a trailer. How the hell is that allowed? They can't see anything now. Granted, they probably don't know how to use their mirrors in the first place. I noticed they are removing the outer fender wells, or whatever they are called.

I have to leave this thread now, it's draining.

My stepson rebuilt a vehicle that had been totaled. I think he got it from that junk yard in the middle of the state controlled by the state (can't recall the name and description). The tires he put on it stuck out about an inch and the MSP gave him crap about it.

And now I see, like @NewGuyRay, all sorts of vehicles with tires sticking out and wonder how they get by the annual inspection.

You guys are bringing up fond memories. I actually left her at the Atlanta airport on our way back from a trip. I changed my ticket without telling her. She boarded the plane, I said I forgot something and told her I will be right back. Then we went our separate ways. Her back to Boston, and I headed to Vegas to clear my head for a few days.

When I got home, she was sitting in her car, in my driveway. Called my buddy to help me get rid of her. They have been together ever since.
You foisted her!!!!!! Omg that’s killer. [rofl]

View: https://youtu.be/P0l5gqiW9n4

NO! We want to know what the rules are, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than cancel it. Weaving, passing on the right, etc are dangerous as hell. Driving my Mustang GT down 495 last month at 85 and I've got DB's in SUV's tailgating me and then pulling all the way over to the far right lane and then cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to cut in front of me. Speed limit is 65 which I agree is ridiculous but either enforce the law or repeal it. Tell me how fast I can drive without getting a ticket for driving over 20 mph over speed limit which could result in massive fine, huge increase in auto insurance and license suspension. Before you tell me to get the f*** out of your way don't tailgate me and give me time to move into middle lane so you can pass me and tailgate the next car in left lane YOU deem driving to slow because WE know it's all about YOU not the safety of the other motorists who just happen to be driving on the road along with you. :cool:

NO! We want to know what the rules are, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than cancel it. Weaving, passing on the right, etc are dangerous as hell. Driving my Mustang GT down 495 last month at 85 and I've got DB's in SUV's tailgating me and then pulling all the way over to the far right lane and then cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to cut in front of me. Speed limit is 65 which I agree is ridiculous but either enforce the law or repeal it. Tell me how fast I can drive without getting a ticket for driving over 20 mph over speed limit which could result in massive fine, huge increase in auto insurance and license suspension. Before you tell me to get the f*** out of your way don't tailgate me and give me time to move into middle lane so you can pass me and tailgate the next car in left lane YOU deem driving to slow because WE know it's all about YOU not the safety of the other motorists who just happen to be driving on the road along with you. :cool:
the-look-on-my-face-when-passing-the-slow-car-driving-in-the-left-lane-to-see-if-they-look-as-...jpg

Stop camping. I don't tailgate but i have literally swooped around like a turd pack of cars because someone on 495 thinks they're going fast enough. It's not that hard to move to the right when not passing.

If my grill offends you you are welcome to get the hell out of the left lane.
Who appointed you as a traffic monitor? You musta been a great hall monitor in grade school.
They're called speed limits speed racer, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than let me know how fast I can drive without getting a expensive ticket which will haunt me for 6 yrs of insurance increases. Also if you want to drive 90 mph make sure you drive a vehicle capable of maintaining that speed and stopping safely. I almost got killed on RT.2 3 yrs ago because I was in left lane at 6am in dark with wet conditions travelling about 70 mph and PU truck in front of me slammed on brakes which caused me to slam on brakes, Rav4 anti-lock kicked in and I stopped 6" from his bumper but guy in back of me locked up brakes in old Jeep Cherokee, no antilock brakes, lost control and slammed into me causing 6 car pile up. I drove away but every other car was totaled, even made the daily news. I had just bought the used Rav4 3 weeks earlier and the accident happened right in front of dealership, Prime Toyota in Lancaster. :mad:

Last edited:
They're called speed limits speed racer, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than let me know how fast I can drive without getting a expensive ticket which will haunt me for 6 yrs of insurance increases. Also if you want to drive 90 mph make sure you drive a vehicle capable of maintaining that speed and stopping,
Stop camping and the people annoying you become invisible. It's funny how that works.

They're called speed limits speed racer, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than let me know how fast I can drive without getting a expensive ticket which will haunt me for 6 yrs of insurance increases. Also if you want to drive 90 mph make sure you drive a vehicle capable of maintaining that speed and stopping,
Drive in the right lane and mind your business

Who appointed you as speed enforcer? You don't belong camping in the left lane for any reason. It's called failure to stay right IIRC

Driving in Germany was great, especially when the boss let us drive his Porsche...
I got to drive on the autobahn once. While visiting my future aunt-in-law. She had some small nissan 4cyl. Wouldn't let me hammer on it and had to stay below 60kph. Frankfurt to Berlin. Brutal. I did stay in the slow lane.🤣

It's funny how other states' DOTs actually see it as a problem. MA cant be bothered other than to lecture people about vaccinations and fireworks being illegal.... lol

f4jbmnoippa11.jpg

It's funny how other states' DOTs actually see it as a problem. MA cant be bothered other than to lecture people about vaccinations and fireworks being illegal.... lol

View attachment 490546
I see you were taking pictures at 79MPH. LOL

Yesterday on Rt3 NB after Treble Cove Road I'm passing a car at 75MPH in a 55 with Police tags on it so I guess it was from the House Of Corrections but the driver who was in the granny lane was texting and driving.
We really need a law against that or maybe my latest friend could start a campaign to stop that activity too. Maybe a sash with a bunch of merit badges would look great on his highway monitor outfit?

I see you were taking pictures at 79MPH. LOL

Yesterday on Rt3 NB after Treble Cove Road I'm passing a car at 75MPH in a 55 with Police tags on it so I guess it was from the House Of Corrections but the driver who was in the granny lane was texting and driving.
We really need a law against that or maybe my latest friend could start a campaign to stop that activity too. Maybe a sash with a bunch of merit badges would look great on his highway monitor outfit?

Not me, that's just some picture I grabbed from Google. Several Square states have had different anti-camping psa's and signage.

Back
Top Bottom