MSP MIA?

NO! We want to know what the rules are, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than cancel it. Weaving, passing on the right, etc are dangerous as hell. Driving my Mustang GT down 495 last month at 85 and I've got DB's in SUV's tailgating me and then pulling all the way over to the far right lane and then cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to cut in front of me. Speed limit is 65 which I agree is ridiculous but either enforce the law or repeal it. Tell me how fast I can drive without getting a ticket for driving over 20 mph over speed limit which could result in massive fine, huge increase in auto insurance and license suspension. Before you tell me to get the f*** out of your way don't tailgate me and give me time to move into middle lane so you can pass me and tailgate the next car in left lane YOU deem driving to slow because WE know it's all about YOU not the safety of the other motorists who just happen to be driving on the road along with you. :cool:
D6B64496-56E8-454A-91CD-C569E4E8F3E7.jpeg

Stop camping. I don't tailgate but i have literally swooped around like a turd pack of cars because someone on 495 thinks they're going fast enough. It's not that hard to move to the right when not passing.
I don't "camp" whatever that is. I always drive in left lane and travel the speed the rest of the lane is travelling. It's when the whole lane is travelling the same speed and some a**h*** thinks he/she is special and decides to start weaving in and out of right lanes to get ahead of fellow motorists in left lane because they can't play nice with other's. I used to teach the beginner/experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course for the RMV and Military and own a Mustang GT and a 2016 BMW RT so I know how to drive at high speeds and handle a motorcycle/car. Also most ma**h***s are not skilled enough to drive at 55 mph never mind high speeds and are not paying attention either. If I'm riding my Beemer in the left lane at 80 mph and you're 1/2 car length in back of me and do you really think you can stop in shorter distance than my bike in a panic situation?

Driving slow (within reason) isn't a problem but more often than not 60% of those people are the ones camping in the left lane....
I rarely drive on the highway thankfully and when I do, it’s usually for an hour and 1/2 to the cape. I set my cruise control between 75-80 and stay in the middle lane as much as I can.

Have any of you guys really tried to drive in the right lane? It’s a constant battle because you have cars pulling out that don’t know how to merge, grannies driving at 45-50 mph and those weirdos that just can’t maintain a constant speed and keep causing you to slow down. Motorcycles are the biggest offenders of this. They seem to vary between 55-80 at a random cycle.

it’s just annoying to try and drive in the right lane. The middle lane is a minor improvement, but it’s really just an obstacle course of people passing the grannies and retards in the right lane.

If my cruise is set at 78 and I have to pull into the left lane to pass a line of cars doing 70, I’m not going to floor it for the guy who pulls up on my ass doing 90. He can wait until it’s clear for me to merge back over. I think this is where most of the left lane rage comes from. Yeah I know there are a fair amount of dip shits who just camp there and don’t care, but I think they are the exception to the rule.

Some of them do it deliberately also for lulz because it’s such a well known source of aggravation.

I don't "camp" whatever that is. I always drive in left lane and travel the speed the rest of the lane is travelling. It's when the whole lane is travelling the same speed and some a**h*** thinks he/she is special and decides to start weaving in and out of right lanes to get ahead of fellow motorists in left lane because they can't play nice with other's. I used to teach the beginner/experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course for the RMV and Military and own a Mustang GT and a 2016 BMW RT so I know how to drive at high speeds and handle a motorcycle/car. Also most ma**h***s are not skilled enough to drive at 55 mph never mind high speeds and are not paying attention either. If I'm riding my Beemer in the left lane at 80 mph and you're 1/2 car length in back of me and do you really think you can stop in shorter distance than my bike in a panic situation?
So if some A hole is leading the camping line in the hammer lane you just sit there and do nothing?
FWIW I've never tailgated any motorcycle but I'm willing to match my driving record including my CDL time with anyone.

So if some A hole is leading the camping line in the hammer lane you just sit there and do nothing?
FWIW I've never tailgated any motorcycle but I'm willing to match my driving record including my CDL time with anyone.
I don't pass on the right on the highway and don't tailgate. If someone is driving slowly along in the left lane I will flash my lights which is the universal signal to pull over for a faster car to pass and if the Prius ignores me I will suck it up until driver smartens up.

I don't pass on the right on the highway and don't tailgate. If someone is driving slowly along in the left lane I will flash my lights which is the universal signal to pull over for a faster car to pass and if the Prius ignores me I will suck it up until driver smartens up.

Passing on the right is perfectly legal if there's some a**h*** jamming up the left lane and not moving when cars come up faster behind him.

moving from the left lane to the right lane and back into left lane to pass a car doing the speed limit is illegal and dangerous tough guy. I just bought a Tshirt that says "Don't piss off old guys, life in prison doesn't sound so bad" [rofl][rockon]

It's not illegal in MA, and if it's so dangerous you should get out of their way and avoid creating dangerous situations.

I don't "camp" whatever that is. I always drive in left lane and travel the speed the rest of the lane is travelling.

Lol that is "I think I'm not camping, but I'm still actually a small part of the problem because I won't politely harass the problem in front of me to move, and still won't get out of the way" lol. If I get stuck behind people like that I get in the middle or right as much as possible, as quickly as possible. I figure maybe someone more aggressive than me can get rid of the turd pack leader / main campers. It's easy to see what the problems are there and not want to make it worse. A lot of times if I see an opening and can safely do it, I will blast around the entire turd pack of you guys on the right. It's not often to be safe to do so, or at least for conditions to line up) but not impossible. Being stuck behind chronic campers is dangerous. Sometimes when its really bad or too absurd I will just lag way behind in the right lane in open/ safer space at reduced speeds and wait a few minutes until the fecal bolus unclogs itself a little bit,, then make another end around attack later if the traffic can stretch out the turd like a piece of dough, I might have a chance to get by. If a turd pack is more than a few cars deep usually there are multiple "problem" drivers within it.

I'm riding my Beemer in the left lane at 80 mph and you're 1/2 car length in back of me and do you really think you can stop in shorter distance than my bike in a panic situation?

I don't stay that close to bikes, Like I said I don't tailgate. But if you are part of a turd bloc group, and you're not trying to advance (flashing lights, etc) you're part of the problem. It's not camping outright but its almost as bad. I try to avoid becoming "part of a recognizable turd" I'd rather just give up and drive slower at that point (in the right lane) than actively be part of the problem. Like often times you will see a turd, you will see the left lane camper. The guy behind him is like a static 5-7 car lengths behind him but he is not advancing. That guy, "keeping pace with traffic" is still part of the problem.... because the 3rd guy behind you that wants to pass both of you has that much more garbage to deal with.

Give someone else a shot, you might be surprised at the results. Let the dude with the big noisy truck, sportscar, or whatever, through, so that he can wake up the actual shitbird camper and get the show on the road. [laugh]

Most people would do well to be moar like good guy Greg:

greg.jpg

Passing on the right is perfectly legal if there's some a**h*** jamming up the left lane and not moving when cars come up faster behind him.
not if you are in the left lane and pass on the right and then move back into the left lane. If you are in the middle, right lane and stay in your lane and pass slower moving vehicles in left lane it's legal. I was in left lane on RT.2 last year and MSP in front of me and kid in car 2 vehicles in back of me swings into right lane , stomps it and passes 2 cars and then me until he sees Statie. Slams on brakes, hits blinker and pulls in front of me. Statie pulls into right lane and slows, kids continues past MSP and he pulls behind kid in front of me and rides his ass for 1 mile and then hits lights. It was a beautiful thing. Try passing a Statie on the right because he's driving to slow and let me know how that works for you. [rockon]

I guess you don’t remember last year, say May. I used to drive up Rt 95 N every week. It was a free for all. It wasn’t surprising to see people going 90+ on a regular basis.
The roads were empty and this brought out the maniacs.
Yeah, everyone who wants to go faster than you is a "maniac" :rolleyes:

NO! We want to know what the rules are, if you're not going to enforce speed limit than cancel it. Weaving, passing on the right, etc are dangerous as hell. Driving my Mustang GT down 495 last month at 85 and I've got DB's in SUV's tailgating me and then pulling all the way over to the far right lane and then cutting across 3 lanes of traffic to cut in front of me.
The left lane is a PASSING lane, it's not meant for you to police how fast someone else drives. GET OUT OF THE LEFT LANE UNLESS YOU'RE PASSING. It's people like YOU who force others to pass on the right because you're too stubborn to move over.

I don't "camp" whatever that is. I always drive in left lane...
Oxymoron alert!

I used to teach the beginner/experienced Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course for the RMV and Military and own a Mustang GT and a 2016 BMW RT so I know how to drive at high speeds and handle a motorcycle/car.
Let me guess: you're in your 60s and you have a 4.6 Mustang that's slower than a Camry?

moving from the left lane to the right lane and back into left lane to pass a car doing the speed limit is illegal and dangerous tough guy.
That's in no way illegal or dangerous. Just get out of the damn passing lane already.

not if you are in the left lane and pass on the right and then move back into the left lane. If you are in the middle, right lane and stay in your lane and pass slower moving vehicles in left lane it's legal. I was in left lane on RT.2 last year and MSP in front of me and kid in car 2 vehicles in back of me swings into right lane , stomps it and passes 2 cars and then me until he sees Statie. Slams on brakes, hits blinker and pulls in front of me. Statie pulls into right lane and slows, kids continues past MSP and he pulls behind kid in front of me and rides his ass for 1 mile and then hits lights. It was a beautiful thing. Try passing a Statie on the right because he's driving to slow and let me know how that works for you. [rockon]

Got a cite for that first sentence?

I've passed staties, sheriffs and others on the right plenty of times. If you're keeping it within 10 over and generally moving with traffic they don't give a shit.

To be honest you don't sound like left lane material...

"Let me guess: you're in your 60s and you have a 4.6 Mustang that's slower than a Camry?"
My 2017 Mustang GT/CS has a 435 hp Coyote motor in it and I will give you a driving lesson on a track day anytime or you could ride on the back of my Beemer and I could listen to you scream like a bitch on the back. [rofl] I don't "police" the roads, I just don't drive like a self important a**h*** talking on my phone and tail gating others. Seems like some posters here need to return to drivers Ed and learn to play nice with others.;)

I've done that because the statie was going under the speed limit. Absolutely nothing happened because there's literally no law that says you can't pass on the right on the highway.

It's rare, but sometimes happens. I remember being nailed up at 55-56 and passing one on the right, on rt 2 going like 53 for some odd reason in the passing lane... I bet he was f***ing with his computer or something or trying to troll someone into passing him at a higher speed, more than likely. Some of the prick MSP types try to piss people off and induce a stop from it, its pretty retarded. The worst one I saw was an MSP bike cop weaving between the two outer lanes of 495 going about 63-67 mph, not signaling, nothing... just litterally put putting between the two lanes. I tried to pass him on the right f***er chirped his siren at me, so I backed away. Like seriously dude, you're creating a f***ing safety hazard with a chain of 900 cars going up 495 in a large turd block because you won't get out of the way.

Got a cite for that first sentence?

I've passed staties, sheriffs and others on the right plenty of times. If you're keeping it within 10 over and generally moving with traffic they don't give a shit.

To be honest you don't sound like left lane material...
Really? So you passed a MSP cruiser on the right while he/she was travelling in the left lane and pulled back into the left lane in front of them and they just waved at you?

It's rare, but sometimes happens. I remember being nailed up at 55-56 and passing one on the right, on rt 2 going like 53 for some odd reason in the passing lane... I bet he was f***ing with his computer or something or trying to troll someone into passing him at a higher speed, more than likely. Some of the prick MSP types try to piss people off and induce a stop from it, its pretty retarded. The worst one I saw was an MSP bike cop weaving between the two outer lanes of 495 going about 63-67 mph, not signaling, nothing... just litterally put putting between the two lanes. I tried to pass him on the right f***er chirped his siren at me, so I backed away. Like seriously dude, you're creating a f***ing safety hazard with a chain of 900 cars going up 495 in a large turd block because you won't get out of the way.
I was riding my Beemer to work(Hanscom AFB) on RT.2 early in the morning in darkness and doing about 90mph with no one on the road. I look in my mirror and see this SUV closing on me and flashing his headlights. I think WTF this guy is really flying so I put on blinker and pull into right lane. MSP pulls up next to me, gives me a look like slow down and then stomps it and is gone.:cool:

Have you ever actually regularly driven in traffic within the 95 loop?

Waiting for that cite.
Like I said you can pass cars on the right if you stay in your lane and left lane slows and yes MSP decides when to enforce rules depending on traffic situation. VROOM, VROOM! Luckily last time I got pulled over for speeding I was in uniform heading to Gardner for drill early in morning. Statie walked up to window of my Camry, yes I used to drive a Camry, looked at me and said, "Slow down Sergeant" an walked back to his cruiser and left. Thank you Trooper.;)

Attachments

• Mustang.jpg
    Mustang.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Beemer 2.jpg
    Beemer 2.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Now you are just pushing buttons! These jeep people take off the doors, you know, the thingys where the side mirrors are mounted to. Then they tow a trailer. How the hell is that allowed? They can't see anything now. Granted, they probably don't know how to use their mirrors in the first place. I noticed they are removing the outer fender wells, or whatever they are called.

I have to leave this thread now, it's draining.
Legally you need a rearview and a driverside mirror

SmartSelect_20210608-171157_Gallery.gif

Back
Top Bottom