• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multi-Gun @ New Bedford: 7/7/2012

Dave,
Don't know if you have the answers:
- Any weak eye/hand/shoulder stuff for the long guns?
- full size paper targets, reduced or both?

Thanks, David E.

Dave,
Don't know if you have the answers:
- Any weak eye/hand/shoulder stuff for the long guns?

Thanks, David E.

Only for you, David[rofl]
I will say that in the past, there have been stages that shooting weakhand did prove to be a good abliity to have.

Weakhand no problem, weak eye=problem.

Looks like I need to gen up a temporary eye patch and get to the range, I did better than I expected last time with the weak eye thing. As long as there is a prop fro me to rest the gun on so I can hold my right eyelid shut.

David E.
AKA "One eye'ed fat man"

I heard all the targets are going to be a minimum of 10 MOA for us old guys.[rofl]

If I remember correctly there was about a 75 yard range/stage with idy-bity steel (mini poppers?) we shot from prone (match last year).
I don't remember any stages longer than that.
I shot them at 1x and wished I had gone up because our squad wasn't calling hits and they were tuff to see.

Maybe the MD will give us a hint.
Or maybe not.

David E

David,
You're thinking the wrong match. Last year, New Bedford had a shotgun match in October, and rifle in November. No steel at the rifle match. All stages were in the action pistol pits.

# gun match

The Action Pistol Committee of the Rod & Gun Club of New Bedford announces a schedule change. We're changing our July 7th (Saturday) match from IDPA to an outlaw style Multi-Gun match.

This will be a 4 stage match, each stage will require 2 guns to complete. You will use all three guns during the event. We've not designed stages yet so no projected round-count at this time. We will update this thread before the match with additional details with regards to projected minimum round-count.

Rules are loosely based on IMG Multi-Gun rules, adapted for our use at New Bedford and can be found here (subject to additional changes): http://rodgun-nb.org/ap/schedules/RGNB-MG-Rules.pdf

Divisions:
Open
Tactical – Optics
Tactical – Irons
Heavy Metal

Pre-registration required (contact Dave at [email protected]). We are only accepting 40 paid shooters, plus our crew. If you've not pre-registered, please do not show up on match day! Contact me at the above email and I will let you know where to send a check.

Match fee: $30
(Note: Match & Raffle combo package. Purchase $20 worth of raffle tickets to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project raffle for a steel ½ size IPSC practice target donated by MGM Target, and receive a reduced match fee to $20. So $40 gets you into the match and 3 tickets to the raffle - you save $10).

Participants will be expected to help out during the entire match (either help RO'ing, pre-loading, stage reset, etc). It takes a lot of effort to put one of these on - the more help we have, the smoother things will go.

Shooting start time 9:30am (shooters should arrive no later than 8:45am to obtain score sheets and get squaded).

Note: A multi-gun match is not a good one for a shooter new to action shooting to get started with. You should have participated in several pistol matches before attempting a multi-gun match (either IDPA or USPSA). While we at New Bedford encourage new shooters - this isn't the match for it.

Hello, I am interested in the 3 gun match on July the 7th. A fellow Jarhead and officer will be shooting in it and told me about it. Is there room for some more shooters? Please call me at 987-944-2698 on evenings and weekends or respond back to me at [email protected] monday thru friday or even let me know here on northeastshooter. Im looking forward to shoot if there is room. Semper Fi....John Hay

Hi John, email received and replied to. Thanks.

For anyone else interested, there's only a couple spots left. A number of people have inquired about details, but have yet to pre-register by sending in their check for the entry fee. For every person who sent in their check, I have responded with an email to confirm my receiving it. If you've sent in a check but have not gotten a reply email from me, please send me an email at [email protected]. There will be no walk-on registrations for this match, only pre-registrations will be allowed to shoot.

One more question

Hi John, email received and replied to. Thanks.

For anyone else interested, there's only a couple spots left. A number of people have inquired about details, but have yet to pre-register by sending in their check for the entry fee. For every person who sent in their check, I have responded with an email to confirm my receiving it. If you've sent in a check but have not gotten a reply email from me, please send me an email at [email protected]. There will be no walk-on registrations for this match, only pre-registrations will be allowed to shoot.

To confirm there is no slugs for this shoot on Saturday and is there any approved or disapproved speed loaders for the shot gun?

Great time today...
Winning the MGM target made it even better!
First time at that club
I will attend any three gun match you organize
Well worth the drive!

Great time today...
Winning the MGM target made it even better!
First time at that club
I will attend any three gun match you organize
Well worth the drive!

All the matches I have shot at NB have been great, this was match was awesome. It was so much fun, thank you to all that worked so hard to put this together.

Great match. Thanks to Dave & the rest of the NB crew for putting this on. A special thanks to John & Chuck who RO'd and didn't even shoot!

Thanks to Dave and the NB crew. Match was great and everything ran smoothly. I made a ton of mental errors. Hopefully I got them out of my system before the team match in W VA next week.

I took over 2000 still photos (the add up quick on 4 per second). Hopefully there will be a few worth posting in there.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

That was a hell of a great time (even with all those mistakes I made![shocked][laugh]) many thanks to the New Bedford crew for putting on another great match.

Nice to meet, and shoot with some fellow NESers too!

Last edited:
As always, a very good match at New Bedford. Thank you to the New Bedford crew. You folks really put on a good show. Stages were challenging at all levels and required a little shooter thought but like the Tin Man said "Wish I had a brain"....

My thanks to those I squadded with. Made it a very enjoyable day. JAR, good luck in WV. I am sure you will be fine. Just make sure your dressed for the stage [wink]

Oh I took home a souvenier too! Not quite as nice as the MGM half size IPSC target, but my BattleComp collected some samples of the carpet at the bottom of the drop buckets on both rifle stages [laugh]...Just about done scraping it out of the ports now!

Back
Top Bottom