• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Multi-Gun @ New Bedford: 7/7/2012

Oh I took home a souvenier too! Not quite as nice as the MGM half size IPSC target, but my BattleComp collected some samples of the carpet at the bottom of the drop buckets on both rifle stages [laugh]...Just about done scraping it out of the ports now!

A little heat from a heat gun or torch will go a long way

Great time at New Bedford today. Reallty good stages, that not only made you shoot well, but, made you think (for some of us, not forget [smile]) I do hope that Dave and all those that helped run the match, and design stages will continue this. Maybe, the northeast won't be the redheaded stepchild of 3gun/multi gun any longer!
Method, I spoke to Dave about the carpet in the dump "box". I've heard about the carpet melting, buy matches I've been to never had it happen.

Thanks for coming out and supporting us for our first Multi-Gun match. The weather was sunny and hot (not the usual New Bedford weather but we'll take it.

The final target count of the match ended up being:
Pistol = 49
Rifle = 52
Shotgun = 34

If you ended up shooting 2 rounds per target for the rifle and pistols stages, the minimum number of rounds was 236!

Combining divisions (un-official score but everyone likes to see how they stacked up against everyone else), there was a rather tight race for the top spot - less than 2/10 of one point! As a percentage of total match points, that's a difference of 3/100's of a single percentage point! Wow, close race!

Nice shooting Mark!

Results posted: http://www.rodgun-nb.org/ap/results/2012_07_07_Multi-Gun.pdf

Oh I took home a souvenier too! Not quite as nice as the MGM half size IPSC target, but my BattleComp collected some samples of the carpet at the bottom of the drop buckets on both rifle stages [laugh]...Just about done scraping it out of the ports now!

Now I know who ruined my hard work! You left a nice round hole in the carpeting at the bottom of the dump-box.

Next time we'll likely put some cardboard on the bottom section of the dump-stations to avoid this.

Oh well, middle age is once again rearing it's ugly head, so, I have to make another post.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that a lot of people had gear that was competitive. Shotgun caddies and other shell holders are the gear that get's overlooked. I saw a lot of 4x4 shell caddies. Given the lack of 3 gun here, I was surprised at the people spending the money for these things. JAR may have been the only owner of a "load 2" system, if he had only used it on stage 1, rather than leave it behind once the timer had sounded.
One squadmate, only minutes after being told that he should get some smooth sticky Velcro for the inside of his 6 round caddies, had shotshells bouncing out of said caddies and landing on the ground. Fortunately, he had finished with his shotgun, and was on his way back to retrieve his AR to finish the stage.[grin]
I was not imune to mental malfunctions, and didn't step back over the fault line on stage 3 prior to engaging targets with my pistol. (I need a slapping forehead emoticon...)

AR may have been the only owner of a "load 2" system, if he had only used it on stage 1, rather than leave it behind once the timer had sounded.

My second one is coming on Monday, the first one went back to Mark Otto because his idea of "big boy" and "skinny guy" doesn't mesh with mine. Now if I could only find a Mossberg 930 JM!

My second one is coming on Monday, the first one went back to Mark Otto because his idea of "big boy" and "skinny guy" doesn't mesh with mine. Now if I could only find a Mossberg 930 JM!

Mike, can you say Benelli? or Versa Max? Yes, they both cost more, but, frankly are better platforms, if you decide to pursue the game to a higher level. If not, try for a 930 Waterfowl model, a 26" can be shortened to 22" and recut for the choke tubes. I know that from personal experience.

Great time at New Bedford today. Reallty good stages, that not only made you shoot well, but, made you think (for some of us, not forget [smile]) I do hope that Dave and all those that helped run the match, and design stages will continue this. Maybe, the northeast won't be the redheaded stepchild of 3gun/multi gun any longer!
Method, I spoke to Dave about the carpet in the dump "box". I've heard about the carpet melting, buy matches I've been to never had it happen.

I was surprised the thing got so hot so fast!

Now I know who ruined my hard work! You left a nice round hole in the carpeting at the bottom of the dump-box.

Next time we'll likely put some cardboard on the bottom section of the dump-stations to avoid this.

haha, sorry 'bout that! I think it was a BattleComp issue, another shooter in my squad had one on his rifle and was getting the same carpet burn residue.

I found a couple of circular silicon/rubber pot holders in the kitchen here, I think I'll have to throw one in the range bag next time out!

Thanks again for putting this match together, I am officially hooked on multi gun.

Now that's just mean...

If the shoe fits...

I did learn an interesting lesson on that stage. I should have set the belt up in the other direction so that when I grabbed that mag the velcro would have worked against me instead of giving and going with the magazine.

I want to extend the same thanks to the N.B. crew for a great match. Was the first time I shot a multi-gun in open and just had a blast. Have a few kinks to work out still and learned some important lessons (like my holster has 2 lock positions apparently). Great time....

Last edited:
The only video I can stand to watch from the match.
I struggled with the rifle on the second stage which hurt my mental game the rest of the match.
But at lest I had some fun shooting 2 anywhere!

David E.

got the right thread this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom