Mumbles won't be down for breakfast

RIP, He was a good person and will be missed. Work all your life, retire and don't get to enjoy it, so sad.

Remember in '04 when Halftime Pizza across the street from the Boston Garden put up a Pro Bush sign in their window for all the DNC delegates to see? Menino sent in his goons to fine and harass the shop owner. That's the real Menino beyond the stuttering idiot. If you were not a good peasant, he'd tuck it to you with his goon squad. Here was a hard working middle class shop owner who did something to embarrass the mayor and he had the machinery attack him.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1177876/posts

He wasn't a good person.

This. He was a corrupt scumbag politician who repeatedly abused his power and who actively worked to strip his constituents and the rest of the country of their rights and liberties. Cancer took him too soon, but only in the sense that he didn't suffer enough from it.

Remember in '04 when Halftime Pizza across the street from the Boston Garden put up a Pro Bush sign in their window for all the DNC delegates to see? Menino sent in his goons to fine and harass the shop owner. That's the real Menino beyond the stuttering idiot. If you were not a good peasant, he'd tuck it to you with his goon squad. Here was a hard working middle class shop owner who did something to embarrass the mayor and he had the machinery attack him.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1177876/posts

He wasn't a good person.

+1 He was a typical .gov thug.

that was quick....[thinking]

catch you in the afterlife, Mumbles

Are you going to Hell, too? [smile]

No sympathy here. Sorry. He had 20 years as Mayor and many before that to do the damage he wanted. The man worked his ass off to promote 'progressive' communist programs that try to screw you and your children and he did his best to f*k over anyone who disagreed with him sh*tting all over the rule of law. It's that simple and him dying or how much he "love love loved Boston" doesn't change any of that.

I'm getting some Chik-Fil-A for dinner.

I didn't agree with his politics. He also governed with a very heavy hand. If you were one of his chosen developers, your project got approved. If you were on his crap list (I'm looking at you, Don Chiofaro), you didn't get a fair shake.

That said, as big city mayors go, he was one of the better ones. Boston is in much better shape than many similar cities.

I think it is particularly sad to see someone who worked so hard for so long die so quickly after they retire. Rest in peace, Mumbles.

Last edited:
The local broadcasts are in full "knee pad" mode.

NECN had some local GLBT leader on for the whole time I was having my lunch in our break room. First words out of her mouth mentioning she was a lesbian. I thought to myself, duh, I could see that. A picture is worth a thousand words. Blabbered the whole time about how good he was for them.

He should have quit one term sooner and enjoyed some retirement, but these clowns can't give up on the power.

He should have quit one term sooner and enjoyed some retirement, but these clowns can't give up on the power.

I lived my entire 60+ years in the City of Boston. Mayor Menino focused on downtown Boston and failed to support many important requests to develop and improve the Hyde Park section. He was a heavy handed ruler. I did not like him nor his policies. His policies are directly responsible for turning Hyde Park from a working class neighborhood into a near third world paradise. He could have and should have retired 4 or even 8 years ago. But that power trip, he could not let go. I'm just glad I moved last month and won't be around for the traffic congestion his final services will bring. Get ready for the onslaught of renaming every nook and cranny after Menino. There are many things to be sad about, for me, Menino's passing is not one of them.

I try to muster up sympathy for someone who would gladly take everything I busted my ass for and hand it out to lowlifes for votes, and then strip me of my constitutional rights just to rub salt in the wound.
Not trying hard enough I guess.

... I didn't agree with his politics. He also governed with a very heavy hand. ... I think it is particularly sad to see someone who worked so hard for so long die so quickly after they retire. Rest in peace ....

1000509261001_1630293503001_BIO-Biography-Adolf-Hitler-SF.jpg

I'm Jewish, we are strictly not allowed to speak foul of the dead, because they cannot defend themselves and their judgment is now in hands much superior than ours.

But, speaking only in theory, if any person endorses,passes or helps pass a law that restricts me from defending my family to the extent given to me by God, he is, after all, and in all essence attacking my family and helping the attackers get a better hand than mine.
I think, that for any family man, to praise any person, in any way, which helped the criminal and the evil doers get a better hand then the innocent and law abiding, should take a good look at themselves, and try to erase the "peasant slave" off of their Government issued ID.
May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
ok, fine, here is another fine gent who "ruled with heavy hand", i.e. power hungry psychopath. Not many people miss him and those who do didn't have their relatives rot in Gulag. He was also a "strong leader" who "ruled with heavy hand" Should we wish him a happy afterlife and build monuments to commemorate his achievements for stripping life and freedom from his subjects?

Jstalin.jpg

Boris, come on. Hitler murdered 6 million people. Stalin murdered millions of people. Mumbles murdered what? A few too many calzones?

If you any of you guys need an excuse to cry or express human sympathy, cry again for those who actually served this country and died waiting for their VA appointment.

This thief stole from your families to enrich his. He did not have to worry about seeing the right doctor, riding the T to get to his appointments or to sell his collection to pay medical bills. His rotting corpse is well protected by people with guns, not something many other Boston residents can do. In short, I don't care if it was cancer or a jihady gerbil that crawled into his butt and blew itself up.
Agreed!

If you any of you guys need an excuse to cry or express human sympathy, cry again for those who actually served this country and died waiting for their VA appointment.

This thief stole from your families to enrich his. He did not have to worry about seeing the right doctor, riding the T to get to his appointments or to sell his collection to pay medical bills. His rotting corpse is well protected by people with guns, not something many other Boston residents can do. In short, I don't care if it was cancer or a jihady gerbil that crawled into his butt and blew itself up.

Boris, Cut the crap, and tell us what you feel about Mumbles [rofl]

I hope he rests in peace. Cancer is a horrible disease and would rather not have anyone suffer from it.

I wish it on Mumbles, Devil Patrick, Obama, Martha, and every other cockroach that chooses illegals and scum over the People. When they take their opinion and self worth over the people they're supposed to represent, I can only hope it's as painful as it sounds....and worse.

Boris, come on. Hitler murdered 6 million people. Stalin murdered millions of people. Mumbles murdered what? A few too many calzones?

It would be kinda interesting to figure out how many women got raped and people got robbed that had been (more or less) denied the right to protect themselves during his rule.

Of course those stats are pretty difficult to accumulate for obvious reasons.... much like trying to find the number of people killed or wounded by the Lautenberg amendment.

-Mike

This. He was a corrupt scumbag politician who repeatedly abused his power and who actively worked to strip his constituents and the rest of the country of their rights and liberties. Cancer took him too soon, but only in the sense that he didn't suffer enough from it.

+1

am I the only bastard who finds it quite ironic that the "welcome to Boston Signs" still read "Mayor Thomas A. Menino" at the bottom?

It was somewhat funny a few weeks ago seeing as Walsh has been mayor for months, but now a dead man is listed as mayor.

Now that is some Boston Strong.

An enemy is dead. Good. We need more of that. I don't care how he died, I really don't. End results count, and the end result is that an enemy is dead. It's a good day. I keep my pity for someone more deserving.

Back
Top Bottom