MUSTER CALL! MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE July 27, 2022 from 11am to 2pm

Lol. A Little embarrassed... :oops:

I got down to the State House at 9:40am and went over to Dunks. No one there. No one on the steps of the People's House.
Hung out in front of the Robert Gould Shaw & 54th Memorial for an hour. No one, other than Duck Boats/Tour Trolleys/Tourists.

Started thinking I was a week early and not having a cell phone (dumb or smart) could not ascertain Date of the Event then drove home. [rofl]

I always thought that we met out front on the steps, then made our way into the House Chamber? (Pre-Covid) My Bad.

Going from this:

1658947877298.png

to this...

1658948073096.png

Enbloc: "All hat... no cattle..." [rofl]

The light went out a long time ago in Ma. because we live in a corrupt one party State. I remember attending a GOAL Rally on the Boston Common in the mid 90's I believe. Thousands showed up and Mike Yacino had a stage and speakers. Margery Egan from the Herald was walking around and I watched her interviewing this black guy with a white cowboy hat on and cowboy belt buckle, the only person I saw with a cowboy hat. Next day in her column her first sentence started with , "In a sea of Cowboy hats and oversized belt buckles" [rofl]
Much more recent example: went to a Trump rally in February, 2016 at ULowell. There were a couple dozen, at best, protestors. Next day I read in the Globe there were "hundreds." It was pure BS.

Much more recent example: went to a Trump rally in February, 2016 at ULowell. There were a couple dozen, at best, protestors. Next day I read in the Globe there were "hundreds." It was pure BS.
Even when it comes to non-political related stuff, the press and media consistently make crap up out of thin air and do not represent the truth or report in good faith

Lol. A Little embarrassed... :oops:

I got down to the State House at 9:40am and went over to Dunks. No one there. No one on the steps of the People's House.
Hung out in front of the Robert Gould Shaw & 54th Memorial for an hour. No one, other than Duck Boats/Tour Trolleys/Tourists.

Started thinking I was a week early and not having a cell phone (dumb or smart) could not ascertain Date of the Event then drove home. [rofl]

I always thought that we met out front on the steps, then made our way into the House Chamber? (Pre-Covid) My Bad.

Going from this:

View attachment 643103

to this...

View attachment 643105

Enbloc: "All hat... no cattle..." [rofl]
Sorry dude. I had to work until 10:30. Went straight to the General Hooker entrance, then up to find folks at like 11:01.

Even when it comes to non-political related stuff, the press and media consistently make crap up out of thin air and do not represent the truth or report in good faith

If the story in the new comes out tonight that 6 people showed up to a muster to voice their opinions/protest a new gun law they'll be correct and gun owners in MA won't have a leg to stand on to criticize them.

If the story in the new comes out tonight that 6 people showed up to a muster to voice their opinions/protest a new gun law they'll be correct and gun owners in MA won't have a leg to stand on to criticize them.

You do realize that people go every time shit like this is presented and it doesn't change anything, right? 5, 500, or 5,000 people showing up doesn't matter.

They.don't.care.

You do realize that people go every time shit like this is presented and it doesn't change anything, right? 5, 500, or 5,000 people showing up doesn't matter.

They.don't.care.

But when 497,231 + affected people just sit on their ass and don't show at all, MA government's not caring is completely justified in their eyes and the eyes of the public.

If there were 100,000 people there, every time, they'd care.......enough to call out the National Guard to protect their sorry asses.

If GOAL and gun owners are not working towards STOPPING THE CITY OF BOSTON IN IT'S TRACKS, a change of tactics is due.

It's hard for any state government to show contempt for 497,231+ people when they show up on your doorstep and cripple the city around you.

THAT is how you fight these fools. Otherwise they flick you off like a pesky mosquito.

Sorry dude. I had to work until 10:30. Went straight to the General Hooker entrance, then up to find folks at like 11:01.
No worries. My fault for anticipating one thing and not finding it... assuming it was the wrong day.

I've been going to these things for years (last one was pre-covid) and today looked like it was not "it".
I was not going to hike the polluted halls of Massachusetts Government for no reason. No sightseeing... not a tourist.

Any idea what the turnout was, in your opinion?

Thanks to everyone for attending & representing...
~Enbloc

But when 497,231 + affected people just sit on your ass and don't show at all, MA government's not caring is completely justified in their eyes and the eyes of the public.

If there were 100,000 people there, every time, they'd care.......enough to call out the National Guard to protect their sorry asses.

If GOAL and gun owners are not working towards STOPPING THE CITY OF BOSTON IN IT'S TRACKS, a change of tactics is due.

It's hard for any state government to show contempt for 497,231+ people when they show up on your doorstep and cripple the city around you.

THAT is how you fight these fools. Otherwise they flick you off like a pesky mosquito.

Mass population is about 7 million. The minority of gun owners (7%) and R voters don't matter.

I respect anyone who goes, but it's delusional to think its going to do anything.

Your time is better spent taking libs shooting and exposing them to firearms. Until you have more people that care about rights in this state, its not going to change.

Mass population is about 7 million. The minority of gun owners (7%) and R voters don't matter.

I respect anyone who goes, but it's delusional to think its going to do anything.

Your time is better spent taking libs shooting and exposing them to firearms. Until you have more people that care about rights in this state, its not going to change.
1658960733175.png

No worries. My fault for anticipating one thing and not finding it... assuming it was the wrong day.

I've been going to these things for years (last one was pre-covid) and today looked like it was not "it".
I was not going to hike the polluted halls of Massachusetts Government for no reason. No sightseeing... not a tourist.

Any idea what the turnout was, in your opinion?

Thanks to everyone for attending & representing...
~Enbloc
I think probably 20 to 30 of us. (As compared to maybe a dozen of the Moms folks...)

It would always be nice if there were more, but we all do what we can. The last one of these I made it to went the same way: we showed up, they took the day off, eventually we all went home.

I agree that more grass roots effort going to talk to people where they are is important. But it would be nice to actually get to talk to the elected on occasion, too.

Back
Top Bottom