• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MUSTER CALL! MASSACHUSETTS STATE HOUSE July 27, 2022 from 11am to 2pm

You do realize that people go every time shit like this is presented and it doesn't change anything, right? 5, 500, or 5,000 people showing up doesn't matter.

They.don't.care.
1658961034544.png 1658961051739.png 1658961114555.png This is how you do it! Spread this crowd ( 22,000+) out to envelop the entire downtown area. BTW, this crowd in Virginia was mustered on one of the coldest days of the winter and just about every swinging dick ( and most of the women) in the crowd were armed.

Until gun owners in MA regularly stop the city of Boston in it's tracks, they'll continue to shove it up your asses, and laugh at you.

I think probably 20 to 30 of us. (As compared to maybe a dozen of the Moms folks...)

It would always be nice if there were more, but we all do what we can. The last one of these I made it to went the same way: we showed up, they took the day off, eventually we all went home.

I agree that more grass roots effort going to talk to people where they are is important. But it would be nice to actually get to talk to the elected on occasion, too.

Would have liked to meet you though... [cheers]

If the story in the new comes out tonight that 6 people showed up to a muster to voice their opinions/protest a new gun law they'll be correct and gun owners in MA won't have a leg to stand on to criticize them.

You know you want to sex her, just admit it!

cA

Mass population is about 7 million. The minority of gun owners (7%) and R voters don't matter.

I respect anyone who goes, but it's delusional to think its going to do anything.////
Good idea to take people shooting (why I got an Instructor license) but that is always going to be very limited.

The Free State Project in NH believes they are making a difference with 25,000 people out of a population of 1.4 million. 1.85%.

There are roughly 350,000 licensed gun owners In MA out of a population of 6.9 million. 5%. But we can’t do anything. If every one of us wrote one letter a year, it would make a difference. If some of the people here put the same effort into legislative action they do to complaining here, we’d be moving in a more positive direction.

Massachusetts: The Whiner State.

Couldn't make it
Would like to draft a letter showing how the changes further violate Bruen and thanking them for creating clear cause to bring suit against the entire gun control scheme
They passed out some papers explaining the position. They also seem to be on the GOAL site.

No worries. My fault for anticipating one thing and not finding it... assuming it was the wrong day.

I've been going to these things for years (last one was pre-covid) and today looked like it was not "it".
I was not going to hike the polluted halls of Massachusetts Government for no reason. No sightseeing... not a tourist.

Any idea what the turnout was, in your opinion?

Thanks to everyone for attending & representing...
~Enbloc
I was puzzled but walked around to the open entrance. And then saw a woman in a Moms Demand Action tshirt so followed her. And @Mesatchornug was kind enough to monitor the thread and give me a location.

Got there just in time for the group picture!

I've got Scanlon and Rausch... I could talk from now until I die to them, and it wouldn't change a damn thing.. Sorry to feel this way..

a protest outside, with 20K people might grab their attention.. maybe we play their game.. stop traffic, make life miserable for the leftists.. but some of these clowns.. the only way to change their vote, is to get them out of office...

Time better spent is volunteering for the pro-2A candidate running against them.. if not in your town, volunteer in a nearby town that has a competitive race.

Mass population is about 7 million. The minority of gun owners (7%) and R voters don't matter.

I respect anyone who goes, but it's delusional to think its going to do anything.

Your time is better spent taking libs shooting and exposing them to firearms. Until you have more people that care about rights in this state, its not going to change.
Please don’t take libs shooting. They are violent and mentally unhinged almost to the last one.

I was puzzled but walked around to the open entrance. And then saw a woman in a Moms Demand Action tshirt so followed her. And @Mesatchornug was kind enough to monitor the thread and give me a location.

Got there just in time for the group picture!
Yeah, I've been going to these things for many years (heard you speak during at least one, maybe more.) Back when HK Drummer was spearheading.

This one felt... different.

I've got Scanlon and Rausch... I could talk from now until I die to them, and it wouldn't change a damn thing.. Sorry to feel this way..

a protest outside, with 20K people might grab their attention.. maybe we play their game.. stop traffic, make life miserable for the leftists.. but some of these clowns.. the only way to change their vote, is to get them out of office...

Time better spent is volunteering for the pro-2A candidate running against them.. if not in your town, volunteer in a nearby town that has a competitive race.
Unfortunately this is the real answer. Protest might grab their attention....but if there is nothing to worry about at the voting booth. They could care less. 146-7 speaks volumes of how we are outnumbered by lunatics in this state.

In my mostly Republican area of MA, my rep certainly cares how he votes, because he barely wins elections, and he knows every gun owner is voting for him out here and needs them against any Dem opposition. He was one of the 7 that voted nay.

No, it's from lack of support from paranoid gun owners who won't jeopardize their "suitability".
There’s some truth to that…but I thinks is more they pass laws attached to norelevent laws without public input. Which wouldn’t matter cause I don’t care what the public has to say anyway..

What we do need is a good suitability lawsuit. Not that I’m a great candidate..
But anyone challenged suitability isn’t going to be.

It’s pretty sad that the Second Amendment isnt treated like other rights.. When you hear all this outrage over made up rights that don’t even exist in the constitution..

Give it two or three years for my renewal and we’ll see if I’m a suitable candidate even with everything I’ve ever posted.

Last edited:
Maybe it felt different because this was a done deed and a lost cause before we even heard about it. [thinking]
While this is true....a fairly pathetic showing of 20-30 people is pretty bad and really shows that gun owners in MA are their own problem.

I can include me in that as well, my excuse.......I had to save every day of my vacations and sick time this year for time to look at properties down south and family priorities. Its a rather busy year of son graduating and moving and daughter getting married and me getting the house on the market. Im not even taking a regular vacation this year.

In my world right now exiting this shithole as fast as possible is a priority I have to put in front of being the 31st protester at the MA state house. Im trying to move into a state where thousands would show up if they tried taking away gun rights. Not 25.

Also I instantly fix my problem of EVER having to get an LTC again by voting with my feet.

Back
Top Bottom