Muzzle device for 9mm SBR

Darkslide

NES Member
Anyone have suggestions for a muzzle device on a 9mm SBR with 4” barrel? Gotta get one pinned and looking for options.

Is side blast a thing with 9mm? Thinking of getting a compensator with vertical ports to avoid side blast, but worried about muzzle flash covering the red dot. It hasn’t happened in my pistol compensator so it’s probably fine.

Another option is to pin a thread protector. But with a 4” barrel, a compensator will make a difference for reducing muzzle rise, as it does in my pistol. Just not sure if it’s worth the extra barrel length.

This is for an SBR, not a Glock. Can’t have threaded barrels/flash hiders so it’s either a compensator, muzzle brake, or thread protector.
just shitposting, man, no offense. :)
i get it what you've got - therefore the glock reference, as 4" for an sbr - it is quite short. why not 8.5"?

as of pinning it - just get a cobalt drill bits set and do it yourself, it is extremely easy.

Last edited:
I went the linear comp route on my 7.5” My hand goes close to the end of the handguard and didn’t like the idea of side ports
The vertical foregrip is an inch away from the end of barrel, so I am definitely not getting side ports. Which linear comp did you go with?

I’m considering something like this:

Last edited:
I went the linear comp route on my 7.5” My hand goes close to the end of the handguard and didn’t like the idea of side ports

One of my 9mm SBR uppers came with a linear comp. While I don't buy any of the marketing mumbo jumbo about it directing blast noise down range, I can confirm it isn't as concussive as my prior 9mm SBR with a comp that certainly gave off side blast.

Sounds like it would be idea for OP's purposes. Either that or a blast cone.

How do you clean a linear comp?
Funny, I asked the same question in another thread.

You won't be able to easily clean it once it is pinned. Maybe you can spray it with gun scrubber with the barrel pointing down.

You can always stick it in an ultrasonic cleaner with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, but then it’s releasing toxic fumes. I do it with my .22 comp inside a jar, but I wouldn’t do it in open air.

Thread protector it is.

You can always stick it in an ultrasonic cleaner with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide, but then it’s releasing toxic fumes. I do it with my .22 comp inside a jar, but I wouldn’t do it in open air.

Thread protector it is.
Way too much work.

I would do a Trilug (for down the road) or if you want a boomer, a Deadair Keymicro. I have a trilug on my free state scorpion and a keymicro brake on my CMMG Banshee.

Funny, I asked the same question in another thread.

You won't be able to easily clean it once it is pinned. Maybe you can spray it with gun scrubber with the barrel pointing down.
Cant you just piss on it and call it clean?

Attachments

• 390B8F7B-1410-4B71-9BAC-240BF6E33E49.jpeg
    390B8F7B-1410-4B71-9BAC-240BF6E33E49.jpeg
    595.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2B2E40CC-0AAC-4C09-BF02-B19B2E315532.jpeg
    2B2E40CC-0AAC-4C09-BF02-B19B2E315532.jpeg
    517.9 KB · Views: 11
I mean why would you build this? Registering sbrs for competitions out of state is annoying.

Back
Top Bottom