• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muzzle Loader in the rain

wdemr67

NES Member
I was just wondering how you guys keep your powder dry when hunting in the rain.
I prefer my muzzle loader but typically use my shotgun in the rain.
Thanks,
Bill

Piece of tape, or the ar15 plastic cap, they've been tested and found to have almost no effect on accuracy if u shoot right through the tape / cap,

Sent from my Alcatel_4060A using Tapatalk

Same here piece of electrical tape. Also helps keeping snow out of barrel in winter.

Last edited:
"finger cots" for those that may have cheap/free access. Latex mini-condoms, actually just the fingers of latex gloves. Used for fingertip-dexterity industrial processes where there may be mild irritants in play: Much more comfortable than full latex gloves for extended wear.

Same here piece of electrical tape. Also helps keeping snow out of barrel in winter.

X2

The shotgun and ML get that treatment. I do this mostly to keep out any debris.

My percussion cap ML also got a piece of Saran Wrap under the cap and I always used real black powder, Goex for me, as all of the substitute black powders have a higher ignition temperature than the real thing. I have hunted all day in the rain with this setup and it always goes bang at the end of the day. Never had a problem or hangfire doing it this way.

Bob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom