MWT Nor'easter IDPA Match January 22

Hello, fellow shooters.
MetroWest Tactical proudly presents our Sixth Annual Nor'easter IDPA match.
The match is scheduled for Jan 22, 2011.
Match is held at Harvard Sportsmen's Club
http://www.harvardsportsmensclub.com/directions.html
Registration starts at 9:15, safety briefing at 9:45. first shot at 10:00 am.
Expect to enjoy 2 indoor/bring a flashlight, 4 outdoor stages.
Minimum round count is 93.
Please, join us to challenge New England weather.
Open to public event.

Regards,
Gene/MD

Remember brass cased ammo shoots more accurately than the aluminum crap..... at least indoors..[smile]

Dude, I still have about 250 rounds of that "crap", deal with it [smile]
I got 1K of brass Remington I'll use after, so there is something for you to look for [wink]
Man, I hope it will not be cold in the 20th as they predict now [sad]

Looking forward to the brisk weather, I really enjoy cold weather match's.... Also will be making a ESP debut with a new gun with about 250 rounds on it:)
Cool! I take it you got your holster and mag holders? I'll be ASO'ing with Lugnut. Stop by and say hello. I'll be shooting a S&W Model 66.

Looking forward to the brisk weather, I really enjoy cold weather match's.... Also will be making a ESP debut with a new gun with about 250 rounds on it:)

No chili monkey this year, now that was the coldest that I have ever shot, 1 degree when I pulled into the parking lot and I don't think it got over 2 degrees the whole match.

Cool! I take it you got your holster and mag holders? I'll be ASO'ing with Lugnut. Stop by and say hello. I'll be shooting a S&W Model 66.

Ughm yes/no :) mags came in... Comp-tac is iffy at the moment its POSSIBLE it will still arrive.... Hoewever Lugnut offered up his setup for me to borrow, maybe some of his skillsets will magically pass from his holster to my gun:) I will make a point to stop by and say hello

No chili monkey this year, now that was the coldest that I have ever shot, 1 degree when I pulled into the parking lot and I don't think it got over 2 degrees the whole match.

That was pretty cold but I really enjoyed it. I would have signed up for another one this year but it seems you are correct and no Chili Monkey this year. :(

Ughm yes/no :) mags came in... Comp-tac is iffy at the moment its POSSIBLE it will still arrive.... Hoewever Lugnut offered up his setup for me to borrow, maybe some of his skillsets will magically pass from his holster to my gun:) I will make a point to stop by and say hello
I could use some of his skills as well [laugh]

Red holster? This I gotta see.

FTDR each stage will suck ;)

RED-TN.jpg

It seemed like a really cool idea when I placed the order after a few beers [wink].

It's a gaming only rig, I'll never carry it or use it in a class. I'm going to shoot it in USPSA with it too. Have you seen some of those bling setups?
[devil2]

It's a gaming only rig, I'll never carry it or use it in a class. I'm going to shoot it in USPSA with it too. Have you seen some of those bling setups?
[devil2]

Competition only equipment! Procedural! No, TWO procedurals! And a FTDR! And a DQ!

I'll admit I've considered a red holster in the past, but I'm just not cool enough to pull it off. And, I hear, if someone can out-draw you, you have to trade holsters.

Last year, I beat WeekWhacker by a couple of seconds at the Nor'easter. Confusion with his new gun is the only way I'm repeating that, because someone went and made Master in a year.[grin]

Last edited:
Competition only equipment! Procedural! No, TWO procedurals! And a FTDR! And a DQ!

Well said TheRoland:)

I'll admit I've considered a red holster in the past, but I'm just not cool enough to pull it off. And, I hear, if someone can out-draw you, you have to trade holsters.

Note to all on the net... TheRoland has some serious fast draws times.. Someday I might post the "ankle draw vids" :)

Last year, I beat WeekWhacker by a couple of seconds at the Nor'easter. Confusion with his new gun is the only way I'm repeating that

So you mean you are hoping that when i draw I try to click the thumb safety UP???? Or USPSA sets in and Speed Reloads become common:)

I am getting pumped about saturday... And sunday at AFS for that matter also!!!

Last edited:
Great match as usual. Fantastic turnout given the frigid temps. The red holster was a hit [wink]. I had a spectacular fall on stage 6, luckily I was holding a timer and not a loaded gun [smile].

Great match as usual. Fantastic turnout given the frigid temps. The red holster was a hit [wink]. I had a spectacular fall on stage 6, luckily I was holding a timer and not a loaded gun [smile].

There was at least one spectacular fall with a loaded gun, but this group has fantastic trigger discipline.

Fun (if long) day of running, shooting, and messing up!

I did fine, right up until I had to add the comic relief by blowing a reload and dropping all six rounds at my feet on stage 5. There I was, on my knees, picking up one round at a time from the snow, loading them into my revolver, all on the clock. Doh! No falls for me, thank goodness.

It was quite a turnout, given how cold it was.

There was at least one spectacular fall with a loaded gun, but this group has fantastic trigger discipline.
I missed that. Must have been a different squad.

Fun (if long) day of running, shooting, and messing up!
Yup, it was a long day. I got there around 8 AM and left after 4 PM. I'm bushed.

Last edited:
The results are in! On behalf of Match Director Gene Gelberger and the entire MetroWest Tactical Team, thanks to all who braved the cold and made the match a success. Any scoring questions, please contact me at [email protected]

Attachments

• NOREASTER 2011 Stage Details.pdf
    42 KB · Views: 24
  • NOREASTER 2011 Results.pdf
    16.9 KB · Views: 35
Thanks to Gene and the SO's for another great match [grin] It was also great to shoot with the guys in Squad 2.

I had a couple slips on the ice... but no falls [smile]

I'll admit... I really wasn't looking forward to this one... you know with all the cold hype. It turned out to be a decent day- I wasn't really cold at all most of the day. It was really great to see everyone again. I can't wait till spring!

Oh and Jared- it's all part of earning your stripes. If you saw my classifier in SSR just over a year ago you would have laughed your ass off. I had more bullets on the ground than went through paper! Funny in retrospect. And at least we got the balls to try it. lol

Back
Top Bottom